Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 943 next >> 
9,421 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Replacement for Amber Jubilee Ninebark in California
November 22, 2014
AMBER JUBILEE bush separating my neighbor and me, is spreading its roots into our water pipes. Want to rip out. What plants are root friendly and also give you privacy?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is the fruit of Melothria pendula edible?
November 22, 2014
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems on Prickly Pear Cactus in Illinois
November 19, 2014
I have a fungus on my prickly pear cactus that is not a bug. I tested it and my fingers didn't turn red when I squeezed them. So how do I get rid of this as it is spreading to my other cacti?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of Agave suckers
November 18, 2014
I'm trying to transplant Dragon Toes Agave suckers. Is this similar to other agave pup transplants?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Oak Wilt in Georgetown, TX
November 17, 2014
We have lost several live oaks to oak wilt. Another couple are dying but still have some green leaves. Is it OK to cut down these trees now or should we wait until they are entirely dead? I've heard ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using bamboo as a filter for odoras from a wastewater treatmen plant in College Station, TX
November 16, 2014
My wastewater treatment plant is considering planting bamboo to create a filter for odors between it and the neighborhood. Are there any native plant alternatives that would function as well (if not b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Thunderturf turning brown in Dallas
November 16, 2014
Thunder Turf turning brown in Dallas, TX: Hi there. I planted new Thunder Turf seed in my entire back yard this past spring. It grew incredibly strong and abundant all summer until about September ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Habiturf in an occasional overflow area
November 14, 2014
Wondering about putting Habiturf in an area that is for occasional flood overflow. How will the Habiturf be affected by these occasional conditions? I suspect it won't like it and will start to thin ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 943 next >>