En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
302 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Using seaweed in compost
October 05, 2015
What do you think about using seaweed in compost? I live on the Gulf Coast
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Oyster Shell source in Austin
September 18, 2015
Hi, I was not sure who to reach out to, but I work for Quality Seafood here in Austin, and we have several gardeners who take our old oyster shells and grind them up or put them in their gardens for ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can oak pollen be composted?
April 28, 2015
I have quite a few live oaks in my backyard and my flower beds are filled with pollen stuff. Can I compost and mulch over this or is it a good idea to rake as much as I can out first?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground Arizona ash wood suitable for mulch?
April 23, 2015
We cut down a 40 year old Arizona ash tree and had the stump ground into mulch. Can we use this mulch in our vegetable garden and flower beds
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Converting a Texas backyard to grow Xerophytic native plants
January 09, 2015
I am planning the conversion of our backyard, about 4000 sq ft of largely St Augustine, into a grassless landscape of hardscaping and native plants. Iíve been an avid gardener of rock garden plants i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is mulch from hackberry and chinaberry trees safe for flowerbeds?
September 17, 2014
We had to remove several large hackberry and china berry trees. Is its mulch safe to use in garden and in flower beds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Late planting plum tree from Lago Vista, TX
May 01, 2014
I have two plum trees in plastic containers that I purchased in March. For a lot of reasons, we didn't get them planted. I have kept them alive by watering consistently, but I am now wondering what...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow under elm tree in Amarillo TX
May 01, 2014
I have a large elm tree and I can't get seem to get anything to grow under it. I was wondering if there are any shade-loving groundcovers that you would recommend (have tried English Ivy, hostas, an...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mulching tree root in San Angelo, TX
April 02, 2014
San Angelo, Texas is in a drought stage. Will it help our trees to mulch the base of them?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
302 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page