Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 33 next >> 
330 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Planting Mountain Laurel grown from seeds in Argentina
April 09, 2014
Hello, I was transferred to Cordoba, Argentina 2 years ago from San Antonio, the climate hereis similar to S. TX, anyway I brought some mountain laurel seeds with me and they have been in 2 gallon pot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant mistakes from Cedar Park, TX
April 09, 2014
At our "Wilts End" in Cedar Park, TX. and are looking for a tall shrub/tree that will hide a 6-ft tall concrete wall and muffle the noise from a busy street. The wall forms a very wide-angled V shap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Butterfly Garden, non-poisonous to Dogs, in Taylor MI
March 27, 2014
I have a small fenced yard with a patio that my dogs have free access to. I would like to create a butterfly garden and add other plants that are non toxic to my dachshunds. Any suggestions. I am f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Defense against poison ivy from The Woodlands TX
March 24, 2014
Hi and thank you in advance for your help. My husband is allergic to Poison Ivy, Oak, Sumac, or something in our yard. We need someone who is very knowledgeable to come and identify any poisonous pla...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Different colors of Argemone spp. from McAllen TX
March 16, 2014
I took pictures of at least 5 colors of pricklepoppy today. Is this common to have so many colors in one area? How do I harvest the seedpods and when is the best time to do so?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen trees for California that are non-toxic for dogs
February 19, 2014
Hi, we live in California, San Bernardino County and would like to know what evergreen trees are safe to plant in our backyard with 2 little dogs being around. I did quite some search online but ever...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is non-native mascagnia macroptera poisonous to animals from Hockley TX
February 17, 2014
Is Mascagmia macroptra (Butterfly Vine) poisonous to animals (horses and dogs)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tough, Non-toxic Vine to Cover Fence in Washington
February 16, 2014
I have about 150 feet of 6-foot high chain link fence that I would like to cover with a vine for privacy. I really want an evergreen or semi-evergreen plant that requires very little care. I also don...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are the berries of Gun bumelia poisonous to dogs from Willow Park TX
February 13, 2014
We have been told we have a Bumelia Lanuginosa (Chittamwood) tree in our yard. My dog has been eating the berries. (She has had stomach issues for several months and only recently found out she has ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are magnolia trees toxic for dogs?
February 05, 2014
Del Mar, California- are magnolia trees, (their bark, roots, pods) toxic to small dogs? My Westie terriers are exhibiting lack of appetite and diarrea this late winter. Tonight I saw on our local n...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 33 next >> 
330 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page