Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 35 next >> 
348 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Are Viguiera dentate leaves toxic to dogs?
November 26, 2014
Many dogs on the Turkey Creek Nature Trail in Emma Long Metropolitan Park love to snack on the leaves of the Viguiera Dentata plants. The leaves SEEM to be harmless. I am writing to request informat...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is the fruit of Melothria pendula edible?
November 22, 2014
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Kousa Dogwood Fruit Toxic to Dogs?
October 14, 2014
Are Kousa dogwood berries toxic to dogs?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is mulch from hackberry and chinaberry trees safe for flowerbeds?
September 17, 2014
We had to remove several large hackberry and china berry trees. Is its mulch safe to use in garden and in flower beds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover for shade in Duval County, Florida
September 17, 2014
What low growing ground cover would be good for a lake edge area. This area is shaded with overlying woodland type trees. I planted some autumn ferns but they have getting overrun with poison ivy. I a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Castor Bean Leaves Toxic to Pets?
September 13, 2014
I understand that the beans of the castor plant on lethal if chewed on. Are the leaves that toxic? I would love to plant this plant and not let it flower, but I do have visiting grandchildren and dog...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of bush/vine with purple berries
August 09, 2014
I was clearing fence line and came across this plant it looks like a Bush but underneath grows like a vine it has long broad leaves that reminded me of Polk salad but it grows berry clusters the berri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Viburnum dilatatum 'Henneke' (Cardinal Candy) toxic to horses?
July 01, 2014
Is Viburnum-Cardinal Candy/Viburnum dilatatum 'Henneke' reported to be toxic or non-toxic to horses?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of possible toxic plant in Austin, TX
June 20, 2014
When we hike with our dogs along Turkey Creek in Austin, they seem to make a bee line to a small green leafy plant when they find it along the trail and eat a few leaves of it. We assume it's not dan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Eliminating silverleaf nightshade from Albuquerque NM
June 07, 2014
I have silverleaf nightshade in my yard and would like to eradicate it (yeah, I know, good luck!) or at least control it. Do you have any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 35 next >> 
348 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page