Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
52 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Stick with tried and true plants for a green roof in New York
May 12, 2013
If I use Virginia creepers in a ground covered application for a green roof, how much soil should I provide depth wise?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for silver ponyfoot from Temple TX
March 19, 2013
Where can I purchase dichondra argentea -- I live in Bell Co. but am willing to come to Austin if need be. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wheelchair access to the Wildflower Center from Converse TX
March 09, 2013
Hi. I hope you can help. I've written two emails to the Contact Dept but to no avail in receiving a response. I wanted to know if wheelchairs can access the flower fields and the trails? I get the fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflower blooming in Austin in mid-March from Laceys Spring AL
February 27, 2013
Hi I will be at and around the center the weekend of March 9 & 10 to exhibit in the Art and Artisan's Festival and plan to stay a few extra days to "wildflower" either before or after. What is you...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of pink flower photographed at the Wildflower Center
January 08, 2013
Last August I took a photo at the Wildflower Center and now I'm trying to identify it. The flower has many pink petals that either stick straight out or downward and the center has pink frills edging...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is installing irrigation with Habiturf a good idea in Round Rock Texas?
December 05, 2011
Mr. Smarty Plants, I am in the process of planning a new lawn in my front yard. We have decided to plant the Habiturf seed mix (thank you, by the way). Originally, we planned on installing a spri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Color year round, welcome to Austin Texas.
December 04, 2011
I am new to Austin and want to plant colorful flowers for fall and winter that get a "wow" reaction. I have not seen much at the local nurseries. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hungry turtles trample pond in Houston Texas
October 17, 2011
I have a very large back yard pond (actually, a former swimming pool) that's home to a bullfrog, four Red-eared slider turtles, and scads of gambusia (little mosquito eating fish). I'd like to add n...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Crushed Limestone Used at the Wildflower Center
July 01, 2011
Dear Mr. Smarty plants, Do you know where I can find the pulverized limestone that you have at the entrance around the front of the building? It's right around where you have Clematis texensi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Copper Canyon Daisy be at the Plant Sale from Georgetown TX
March 21, 2011
Can you find out if Copper Canyon Daisy will be sold at the plant sale? I'm having trouble finding it in any of your databases. The scientific name is Asteraceae Tagetes lemmonii. It's a shrubby ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 next >> 
52 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page