Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 next >> 
404 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Growing pecan and fruit trees near Canyon Lake, Texas
July 07, 2014
I just bought a property on the north side of Canyon Lake in the Hill Country of Texas. Most of the trees around are cedar, and a few live oak. I know I have seen beautiful Pecan trees as well as seve...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need for smaller tree with less invasive roots from Ft. Worth TX
June 07, 2014
The sycamore in the front yard has developed roots larger than the branches. They have decided that the water and sewer lines are perfect to acquire their water from. For this reason it will be coming...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought tolerant grass for small lawn from Woodbury TX
June 07, 2014
Trying to establish small lawn area, needs to be drought tolerant, water wise. Have tried Turffalo with poor results. Recommendation please.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Adjustments to soil level change around tree from Austin
May 29, 2014
I am moving in to a new construction home in south Austin, builder has leveled the ground and sodded the front yard, I have a post oak in the front and because of the changes to the landscape the tree...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Habiturf in Austin
May 10, 2014
I have been trying to establish a Habiturf lawn in my back yard. It is approximately a 1,000 square foot area and this last seeding was the third over about one and a half years. I just recently over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Appropriate use of redbud from Austin
May 04, 2014
I am considering purchasing a hearts of gold redbud; I am also xeriscaping my front yard. I live in Austin,TX. Will this tree do ok in full Tx sun (8+ hours) with once a week watering? If this...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Late planting plum tree from Lago Vista, TX
May 01, 2014
I have two plum trees in plastic containers that I purchased in March. For a lot of reasons, we didn't get them planted. I have kept them alive by watering consistently, but I am now wondering what...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Live oak leaves not dropping from Austin
April 29, 2014
We had a 65 gallon live oak planted last October. We watered it regularly and it was green all through the winter. In March the leaves started to turn brown but never dropped, as they should have. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing river birch from Maple Grove MN
April 22, 2014
How soon after taking out a river birch clump tree and grinding the stump would we be able to plant a new birch clump?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Mountain Laurel grown from seeds in Argentina
April 09, 2014
Hello, I was transferred to Cordoba, Argentina 2 years ago from San Antonio, the climate hereis similar to S. TX, anyway I brought some mountain laurel seeds with me and they have been in 2 gallon pot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 next >> 
404 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page