Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 42 next >> 
418 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Sotol (Dasylirion wheeleri thrive in caliche soil?
December 02, 2014
I live on a high hill in the Hamilton Pool area outside of Austin. I am looking to plant a Dasylirion wheeleri that I grew from seed collected in New Mexico aria East Of Soccoro. I am wondering if the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horseherb planting in Richardson, TX
October 18, 2014
What is the best time to plant 4" pots of Horseherb?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Flower Planting in Abilene, TX
October 14, 2014
Are there any flowers that can be planted in the fall in Abilene Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to Identify Male and Female Texas Persimmon Trees
October 07, 2014
I have just learned that Texas persimmon trees are either male or female. Is it possible to tell which is which when buying one? I am planting on 50 acres near Blanco. Do I need one of each? I'd ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 42 next >> 
418 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page