Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
450 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Wildflowers for an Indiana septic drain field
August 29, 2015
We just had to have a septic system replaced due to our state highway consuming some of our front yard along with our original septic. Since this has happened, our lateral lines now lie in our back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion controlling plants for a shady Minnesota lakeside
August 11, 2015
I live about 50 yards from a lake and there is a steep embankment. Recently someone decided to cut the trees off the embankment and now the dirt is eroding off the embankment as well as off my back ya...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Flame Acanthus in Texas
August 06, 2015
I recently purchased three flame acanthus in 1 qt. pots. I had planned to hold these in a shaded spot for planting once it cools off, but the plants are 2 1/2 to 3 ft. tall. Should I cut them back, pl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where to find Horseherb seed
August 02, 2015
I would like to purchase some Horseherb seeds. Can you tell me where I can do that? Either locally or on line. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflower planting times for Little Rock, AR
July 22, 2015
When is the best time to plant wildflowers in Little Rock,Ar
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Stopping erosion on bank of a Florida retention pond
July 21, 2015
I live on a retention pond, which has had all vegetation killed by the lake doctor. As a result the bank has eroded so there is a drop off directly to the water rather than a sloping bank. What plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcover Planting in Shiro TX
July 09, 2015
I have been collecting seeds from White Avens and Texas Sedge to use as ground covers. What is the optimal time to plant these seeds? We have been experiencing heavy rains in our area lately, so I am ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wedding Flowers for Alabama
July 03, 2015
I am considering planting wildflowers for my wedding in early/middle May of 2016. Could I plant seed this fall and have bloom by late April in time for my May wedding?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Poolside plants for East Texas
June 18, 2015
What are the best plants, shrubs, ornamental trees, etc. for poolside planting in East Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Spacing of Trees near a House Foundation
June 18, 2015
Can you recommend non-invasive shade tree that can be planted 6 to 7 feet from foundation. We are buying a new home in zone 8a and choices that are given are: Live Oak, Lacebark Elm, Cedar Elm, and B...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
450 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page