Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 42 next >> 
412 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horseherb planting in Richardson, TX
October 18, 2014
What is the best time to plant 4" pots of Horseherb?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Flower Planting in Abilene, TX
October 14, 2014
Are there any flowers that can be planted in the fall in Abilene Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to Identify Male and Female Texas Persimmon Trees
October 07, 2014
I have just learned that Texas persimmon trees are either male or female. Is it possible to tell which is which when buying one? I am planting on 50 acres near Blanco. Do I need one of each? I'd ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting and Pruning Callicarpa
August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Texas star hibiscus in Central Texas
August 11, 2014
Hi there, I purchased a beautiful Texas Star Hibiscus that I want to plant in my yard. Unfortunately, my yard being in Travis Heights, I hit a lot of caliche when digging. To plant some other nativ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sages in Catasauqua, PA
August 08, 2014
I want to buy a Texas Sage tree but I live in PA. Can I bring the tree indoors during winter?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing pecan and fruit trees near Canyon Lake, Texas
July 07, 2014
I just bought a property on the north side of Canyon Lake in the Hill Country of Texas. Most of the trees around are cedar, and a few live oak. I know I have seen beautiful Pecan trees as well as seve...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need for smaller tree with less invasive roots from Ft. Worth TX
June 07, 2014
The sycamore in the front yard has developed roots larger than the branches. They have decided that the water and sewer lines are perfect to acquire their water from. For this reason it will be coming...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 42 next >> 
412 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page