Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 47 next >> 
461 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fertilizing Newly Planted Trees
February 07, 2016
Back in November, I planted 20 trees on rocky, caliche slopes around my house outside of Utopia, Texas. The trees were 45 gallon Monterrey Oaks and Texas Redbuds. I have also installed a drip irriga...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replanting a Desert Willow
February 07, 2016
My desert willow was damaged badly in a winter storm and had to be taken down. Do I need to remove the old root system below grade when I plant a new desert willow?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How Close to Tree Trunks Should Bricks be Placed?
January 26, 2016
Do you have guidelines as to how close bricks can be placed to trees, particularly cypress, cedars and live oaks? Contractors habitually plant up to the trunk and I've had trees die from their roots...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting Evergreen Sumac
December 09, 2015
I would like to transplant evergreen sumac from my back to the front yard. They are about 6-8 foot tall. I live in El Paso, TX and it gets plenty of sunlight. I am wondering 1) Is November in El Paso,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Chile Pequin Indoors
December 09, 2015
About a year ago I visited your page and as a result I planted 8 seeds in spring 2015 from a large Chile Pequin plant that came up wild in my Cedar Park home near Austin. The last harvest was late su...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When to Plant Texas Wisteria?
December 09, 2015
When is the best time to plant Texas Wisteria, Fall or Spring?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Competition between peony and bulbs
November 06, 2015
I am planting 3 herbaceous peony bare roots 3 feet apart from each other. I am told it will take 3 years before I get blooms. In the meantime, can i safely plant springtime flowering bulbs in th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

A good Amelanchier (Serviceberry) for Brooklyn, NY.
November 03, 2015
I am looking to purchase an Amelanchier to plant in Brooklyn this month. Would you know which variety works best in a small garden and also is it too late to plant. Mainly, I am looking for someone wh...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a raised garden bed in Texas
October 25, 2015
I just bought a house in Ft Worth Texas and the soil is undisturbed red clay. I was told I probably would need to build a raised bed to make a 25 ft by 4-6 ft butterfly/humming bird/bee native flower ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Finding a source of Straggler daisy
October 14, 2015
I've decided on Straggler daisy but am having trouble finding it. It would be perfect for me. Do I have to wait until next Spring for it to show up? Can it be ordered through a nursery or a landscape...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 47 next >> 
461 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page