Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
443 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Wedding Flowers for Alabama
July 03, 2015
I am considering planting wildflowers for my wedding in early/middle May of 2016. Could I plant seed this fall and have bloom by late April in time for my May wedding?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Poolside plants for East Texas
June 18, 2015
What are the best plants, shrubs, ornamental trees, etc. for poolside planting in East Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Spacing of Trees near a House Foundation
June 18, 2015
Can you recommend non-invasive shade tree that can be planted 6 to 7 feet from foundation. We are buying a new home in zone 8a and choices that are given are: Live Oak, Lacebark Elm, Cedar Elm, and B...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need fast growing shade tree in San Diego County, CA
June 17, 2015
I am looking for a fast growing tree that provides great shade. The reason being, is I need shade for three horseshoe pits and the sooner i get shade, the better. I live in San Diego county, zone 9b. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why does newly transplanted Brazos Penstemon look bad
June 09, 2015
I bought Brazos penstemon from a nursery as well as several other drought resistant plants. I have noticed new buds on the salvia and blanket flower and changes in leaf color on the kaleidoscope, but...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why is fall the best time to plant Bluebonnet seeds?
May 29, 2015
Bluebonnet plants drop their seeds in late May or early June. Why is it recommended to broadcast Bluebonnet seeds in October which is 5 months after the plant drops its seeds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Male and female Ilex decidua ( Possumhaw) trees
May 18, 2015
I was excited to finally find and purchase a male and female possum haw pair via Amazon. (Berry Poppins variety). They were marked male-female and are thriving. But the male has little flowers and the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need an inexpensive blooming tree in Venus, TX
May 02, 2015
I need a non expensive booming tree for our yard.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Finding a manzanita species suitable for Fort Worth, TX
April 28, 2015
Which manzanita shrub would thrive best in the Fort Worth, Tx. area? I was thinking of planting it in a large pot. Thank You!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fastest growing shade tree for Austin.
April 27, 2015
What is the fastest growing shade tree suitable for Austin? We are anticipating selling or renting our house in two to three years and want a shade tree for a baked full sun area of the yard that will...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 45 next >> 
443 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page