En Espa—ol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
423 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fast-growing vines for the Texas Hill Country
January 17, 2015
What are the best fast-growing vines for our Hill Country location? The vine will be growing on a stucco wall, so we don't want the vine to grow into the stucco and destroy it. Location has morning ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

large tree suited for limestone site in Austin, TX
January 15, 2015
I have a dying Chinaberry tree [35 ' tall; WNW corner of lot; at least 25 years old] that I am having removed. What native / adapted tree would you recommend to fill that void. I do understand that...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

plants for a rain garden's moist area in Central Texas
January 15, 2015
I am looking for local natives to plant in the wet portion of a rain garden/bioswale. Can you help, please?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

wildflowers with interesting seed heads for winter interest
January 09, 2015
I am looking to establish a wildflower meadow this year, and I want to include wildflowers that have interesting seed heads for winter interest. What would be your recommendation? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Converting a Texas backyard to grow Xerophytic native plants
January 09, 2015
I am planning the conversion of our backyard, about 4000 sq ft of largely St Augustine, into a grassless landscape of hardscaping and native plants. Iíve been an avid gardener of rock garden plants i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Sotol (Dasylirion wheeleri thrive in caliche soil?
December 02, 2014
I live on a high hill in the Hamilton Pool area outside of Austin. I am looking to plant a Dasylirion wheeleri that I grew from seed collected in New Mexico aria East Of Soccoro. I am wondering if the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

O.K. to grow grass under a live oak?
November 26, 2014
Is it a bad idea to plant grass around a mature live oak? We have erosion issues and trying to keep mulch in the beds around the tree groves is a challenge, even with edging. Much of the native dirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade grasses for central Texas
November 16, 2014
We are new to the area and bought a home this summer that has lots of shade in the very small backyard. The problem is that there was new sod laid in the backyard which now is 50% dead. We do not kno...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
423 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page