Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 next >> 
408 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Transplanting and Pruning Callicarpa
August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Making a pollinator garden
August 11, 2014
Hello, I have a ditch right by my house and I want to turn it into a pollinator garden using native plants. My problem is, right now it's so full of weeds that we have to mow those down so soon. For ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Texas star hibiscus in Central Texas
August 11, 2014
Hi there, I purchased a beautiful Texas Star Hibiscus that I want to plant in my yard. Unfortunately, my yard being in Travis Heights, I hit a lot of caliche when digging. To plant some other nativ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sages in Catasauqua, PA
August 08, 2014
I want to buy a Texas Sage tree but I live in PA. Can I bring the tree indoors during winter?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing pecan and fruit trees near Canyon Lake, Texas
July 07, 2014
I just bought a property on the north side of Canyon Lake in the Hill Country of Texas. Most of the trees around are cedar, and a few live oak. I know I have seen beautiful Pecan trees as well as seve...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need for smaller tree with less invasive roots from Ft. Worth TX
June 07, 2014
The sycamore in the front yard has developed roots larger than the branches. They have decided that the water and sewer lines are perfect to acquire their water from. For this reason it will be coming...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought tolerant grass for small lawn from Woodbury TX
June 07, 2014
Trying to establish small lawn area, needs to be drought tolerant, water wise. Have tried Turffalo with poor results. Recommendation please.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Adjustments to soil level change around tree from Austin
May 29, 2014
I am moving in to a new construction home in south Austin, builder has leveled the ground and sodded the front yard, I have a post oak in the front and because of the changes to the landscape the tree...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Habiturf in Austin
May 10, 2014
I have been trying to establish a Habiturf lawn in my back yard. It is approximately a 1,000 square foot area and this last seeding was the third over about one and a half years. I just recently over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Appropriate use of redbud from Austin
May 04, 2014
I am considering purchasing a hearts of gold redbud; I am also xeriscaping my front yard. I live in Austin,TX. Will this tree do ok in full Tx sun (8+ hours) with once a week watering? If this...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 41 next >> 
408 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page