Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
429 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Need plants for a garden pathway in Austin, TX.
February 28, 2015
Hello! I am looking for a low-growing native plant or plants that I can use instead of grass; I have a section of the garden that gets full to part sun that will have a pathway of stones. I'd like ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turf grass for a sandy site in central Texas
February 16, 2015
I want to plant grass over an old sand volleyball court in our back yard in Bastrop, Texas. What is the best way to go? Adding top soil and buffalo grass seed or try St. Augustine?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need advice ab out raspberry root in Merced CA
February 14, 2015
I planted a raspberry root the day that it started raining hard. I was just concerned about the root rotting since there is so much rain going on lately. Will I need to replace it or will the root...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need fast growing deciduous trees for Austin, TX
February 14, 2015
We'd like to plant several fast growing deciduous trees in a full sun yard with a hard alkaline soil in the western edge of Travis Heights in South Austin. I've noted several locations in our neighb...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting wildflowers and ryegrass in RIverside AL
February 07, 2015
Love the name, enjoyed a visit last spring. We repaired a retaining wall about 300 ft. and want to plant wildflowers on a strip 5 ft wide. Slope gentle to 1 in 3.5. Hauled in topsoil for fill. Can ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Bittersweet climb on a streetlight pole?
February 05, 2015
Will Bittersweet climb on a streetlight pole, or does it need to be with a tree?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fast-growing vines for the Texas Hill Country
January 17, 2015
What are the best fast-growing vines for our Hill Country location? The vine will be growing on a stucco wall, so we don't want the vine to grow into the stucco and destroy it. Location has morning ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

large tree suited for limestone site in Austin, TX
January 15, 2015
I have a dying Chinaberry tree [35 ' tall; WNW corner of lot; at least 25 years old] that I am having removed. What native / adapted tree would you recommend to fill that void. I do understand that...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

plants for a rain garden's moist area in Central Texas
January 15, 2015
I am looking for local natives to plant in the wet portion of a rain garden/bioswale. Can you help, please?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

wildflowers with interesting seed heads for winter interest
January 09, 2015
I am looking to establish a wildflower meadow this year, and I want to include wildflowers that have interesting seed heads for winter interest. What would be your recommendation? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 43 next >> 
429 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page