Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 38 next >> 
371 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion

August 21, 2014
I saw the previous question about Callicarpa from the guy in Texas and I have two questions based on the response. In SW Vermont, is late fall still the best time to transplant my Callicarpas? Also, i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting Ilex x attenuata (Savannah holly)
July 31, 2014
Is it hard to take a savannah holly out of my front yard? Do the roots grow down deep or are they more shallow? I can only take a 36-40 rootball circumference because of surrounding established shru...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplant time for small smoke tree from Battle Ground WA
June 01, 2014
When do I transplant a smoke tree that is still young, about a foot high? It is too close to a fence, which I fear will be a problem as it gets big. I live in Battle Ground, WA which is zone 6.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting American beautyberry in Cordele GA
May 19, 2014
Is mid to late May too late in the season to transplant Callicarpa americana, American Beautyberry?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with transplanted Texas Madrones from Junction TX
May 13, 2014
We planted 3 little Texas madrones last year 9 - 12 inches high. 2 of them seem to have some kind of black blight along the edges of the leaves that I don't think was the result of our late freezes. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting non-native crape myrtle in Scottsdale AZ
May 11, 2014
When is the best time to transplant dwarf crape myrtle in Scottsdale AZ?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with non-native Banana Shrub from Houston
May 01, 2014
My 7' beloved Banana Shrub (magnolia) has white dots on top of the leaves and nasty black stuff covering the backside of the leaves. The plant is dropping leaves. What can I do to save it? I has bee...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting Mountain Laurel grown from seeds in Argentina
April 09, 2014
Hello, I was transferred to Cordoba, Argentina 2 years ago from San Antonio, the climate hereis similar to S. TX, anyway I brought some mountain laurel seeds with me and they have been in 2 gallon pot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native species of tree for Rockwall TX
March 19, 2014
Hello, I am attempting to plant a native species of tree 20 miles east of Dallas, Texas (Rockwall, TX) in honor of my brother's marriage. He is a biologist and a huge supporter of native species....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting wild plant seeds indoors from Dallas TX
February 23, 2014
Is it possible to start some Phlox drummondii or other native wild flower from seed indoors, and then transplant to my garden? If so, can you suggest some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 38 next >> 
371 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page