Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 37 next >> 
364 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Planting Mountain Laurel grown from seeds in Argentina
April 09, 2014
Hello, I was transferred to Cordoba, Argentina 2 years ago from San Antonio, the climate hereis similar to S. TX, anyway I brought some mountain laurel seeds with me and they have been in 2 gallon pot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native species of tree for Rockwall TX
March 19, 2014
Hello, I am attempting to plant a native species of tree 20 miles east of Dallas, Texas (Rockwall, TX) in honor of my brother's marriage. He is a biologist and a huge supporter of native species....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting wild plant seeds indoors from Dallas TX
February 23, 2014
Is it possible to start some Phlox drummondii or other native wild flower from seed indoors, and then transplant to my garden? If so, can you suggest some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting bluebonnets to garden from Columbus TX
January 30, 2014
Is it possible to transplant bluebonnets from pasture to garden and if so when is the best time to do this? Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Incorrectly planted anacua from San Antonio
November 22, 2013
I purchased a 12' anacua tree from a local nursery about 18 months ago. It was not planted correctly (root bound, rolled into a hole about 3" larger than the pot) but is still alive with the number...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting bluebonnets in late Fall from Georgetown TX
November 08, 2013
Transplanting bluebonnets in October? Neighbor wants to share abundance of rosettes and good size plants- any suggestions or warnings? Will freeze/frost protection be needed if we get December freeze...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Transplanting Indian Paintbrush in Corona CA
November 05, 2013
I have a very mature Indian Paintbrush Plant that was becoming too large for the area I had originally planted it in, so I transplanted it to an area much more suited for its size. I reviewed the que...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wrapping a newly planted non-native Japanese maple from Fraser MI
October 01, 2013
Does a newly planted Japanese maple need to be wrapped in burlap for the cold and snowy winter of Macomb County, Michigan?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Time to transplant shade tree seedlings from San Antonio
September 28, 2013
What month do you transplant shade tree seedlings in San Antonio, TX<
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Failure to thrive of one Desert Willow in Phoenix AZ
September 06, 2013
We planted 4 desert willow trees in the summer and 3 of the 4 are doing excellent, however the last one is not not doing so well, it was the smallest of all and it started out fine but its leaves bega...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 37 next >> 
364 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page