Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 908 next >> 
9,072 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shade tolerant plants for privacy from Larchmont NY
April 19, 2014
Love your site! We have a 4'x4'x50' stone wall, full sun, with a planting bed 30"H by 24"D. We're looking for privacy, so a hedge with pruning is needed. We have looked at Ilex Crenata (8'),...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer resistance of non-native Leyland Cypress from Kerrville TX
April 19, 2014
Are Leyland cypress deer resistant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for shady planter from Cedar Park TX
April 19, 2014
We bought a home in Central Texas and inherited several raised-bed planters. One of the planters is set up to grow a vine, but it's in a part of the yard that is mostly in the shade of a tree. Is t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant ID from Cocoa FL
April 18, 2014
I am trying to identify a plant that looks like a rose bush. It has rose-like thorns. The leaves are green, slender, acute at the tip, slightly unequal at the base and the leaf stem grows closer to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ivy a suitable ground cover in Live Oaks from Gulfport MS
April 17, 2014
Will Ivy be a safe and suitable ground cover for old growth Live Oak trees in coastal Mississippi?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine to cover fence from Haverhill MA
April 17, 2014
Hello, I'm looking for a fast growing vine to cover a chain link fence. The area is sunny half of the day. I have 2 small children so I don't want something that attracts bees or could be dangerous ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mail order source for Guaiacum angustifolium from Ft. Worth TX
April 16, 2014
Do you have a mail order source for the seeds of Guaiacum angustifolium? I have looked extensively and cannot find one. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why do conifers kill Texas hummingbird sage from Gray GA
April 15, 2014
Why do conifers kill Texas hummingbird sage?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tiny beetles eating a native plant in Austin, TX.
April 15, 2014
Help! Found plant devoured in my wildflower garden! Covered with literally thousand of small black bronze beetles. They are on other plants but the other plants (native poppies, coneflower, coreops...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protection for plants against a Spring freeze from Easley SC
April 15, 2014
Is there anything we can do to protect our beautiful spring gardens from the freeze tonight? (April 15, 2014)
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 908 next >>