Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
153 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source of dry molasses near Mason, Texas
June 21, 2015
Can you guys point me to a local source of dry molasses? I can get 50 lb bags from Amazon but shipping cost is almost double the cost of the product. I want to try it as a supplement to mechanical con...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Crossvine damage stucco walls?
June 17, 2015
The Crossvine I planted about a month ago is doing well. It is growing up a stucco wall and its little tendrils are sticking to (or into?) the stucco. Is this going to grow into the stucco and damage ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to Deal With Goutweed?
June 12, 2015
Hi, I'm wondering what plants (groundcover) would best compete against goutweed. It's coming up all around some existing potentilla shrubs and some nice bulbs and prairie perennials. I would hate to...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling Devil's Bit in Collin County, TX
June 05, 2015
I live in Collin County and our pasture has a growing section of Devils Bit taking over everything. I've been using 2,4-D on it with some success. What is the best method of control for this ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will the
May 27, 2015
I'm becoming interested in rain gardens, and although Silphium perfoliatum does not appear to be a host for butterfly caterpillars and like most of the "giant tall grass prairie daisies" may be a b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate roadside thistles
May 26, 2015
When we drive along the highway we see lots of wildflowers and no thistles in the median. How does the Highway Department keep the thistles out? Here in Kerrville, we are overwhelmed by thistles thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling weeds in Habiturf lawn
May 16, 2015
What's the best way to get rid of weeds in a Habiturf lawn? Habiturf seems like a great idea, but even with no extra water and no fertilizer, it seems the weeds take over - K.R. Bluestem and various...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of potentially toxic weed in California
May 08, 2015
Hi! Sorry about the error, I'm not very computer savvy! I have a weed that grows on my land; about 1 foot tall its flower looks like a Q-tip. My neighbor says it killed her horse! I can't find i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Oak Sucker Reprise
May 02, 2015
----Original Question---- SUNDAY - JULY 06, 2014 Title: Live Oak Suckers Reprise, Austin TX QUESTION: Referring to an entry dated March 11, 2011 about Live Oak suckers - what happened to the su...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
153 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page