Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 next >> 
135 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Low Water Use Plants for a Pond Island
November 06, 2014
We have a medium sized pond/tank with a small island covered in black willows. The pond loses a lot of water and we were told it was partially due to the willows. We want to remove them and replace ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is the plant called wingspan?
September 21, 2014
I have a lot of environmental allergies and saw a positive result for "wingspan" yet I cannot find ANY information online about that particular plant. I was told it's "tumbleweed" by the medical ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Desert Willow Roots from Lubbock, TX
September 18, 2014
I have a very, very happy Desert Willow that has grown larger than we expected and is probably too close to the house. Do I need to worry about a cracked foundation or pipe problems? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Pterocaulon pycnostachyum
September 17, 2014
I have a solitary Pterocaulon pycnostachyum in my wildscape; it invited itself. Some years it does not flower at all (or the bloom is eaten before I see it), and its stalks (usually 4) are not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Live Oak Suckers or ??? in Arlington, TX
September 12, 2014
Do I have live oak suckers or an invasive plant? We bought a house a few years ago in Arlington, TX with two beautiful old live oak trees, and mostly just bare sand-dirt under them. Under one t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Update on controlling live oak suckers with newspapers, cardboard and mulch
September 12, 2014
Can we get an update on the march 2011 topic of live oak suckers? I am wondering if the newspaper/cardboard/mulch layers continued to take care of the problem. Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Aggressive Plants in Pleasant Valley NY
September 01, 2014
Are there any native plants that can out compete Japanese knotweed?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Chinese Pistache tree
September 01, 2014
We have a gorgeous Chinese Pistache in our yard, about 25 feet tall. We bought it for its gorgeous fall color. The problem is that it has never turned color for us. All the other pistaches in the neig...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seed pod of Proboscidea louisianica (Deveil's claw) in New Mexico
August 30, 2014
I found the most amazing seed pods of the devil's claw right here in Albuquerque. I thought it was a wood skeleton of a pterodactyl (flying dinosaur, I believe), but heard it's a devil's claw. Ok...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 14 next >> 
135 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page