Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 17 next >> 
162 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

Should Mexican milkweed (Asclepias curassavica) not be used to attract Monarch butterflies?
November 20, 2015
Should I remove Asclepias curassavica (Mexican milkweed) in my garden for threat of OE parasitic protozoan threat to Monarch butterflies? Is this threat as widespread as Chronicle implies? I had great...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Mexican feathergrass
October 24, 2015
I live in Austin. I've recently seen negative comments re: Mexican feathergrass. Is it native to this area? Is it becoming a problem? I have had it in my yard for years and never considered it a ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removing Persimmon plants from the base of Live oaks
October 15, 2015
I live in Bastrop county and have hundreds of Texas wild persimmons at the base of my huge oak trees. Should I cut some of them? I am worried they are taking up water my oaks need. I like them but do...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible allelopathic properties of Prosopis glandulosa (Honey mesquite)
October 02, 2015
I want to plant a coral honeysuckle at the base of a mesquite tree. Anything in the mesquite that would inhibit the honeysuckle from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Young huisache trees dying
October 02, 2015
We have had several young huisache trees suddenly die. These trees are only three or four years old and were apparently healthy when they just died. They are growing by the curb on a city street and w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling Cocculus carolinus vines
August 04, 2015
I live in Oklahoma City and want to rid my yard and flowerbeds of Cocculus Carolinus vines, I already have a infestation, I cant count the number of vines that were already established before I found ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why is my Texas mountain laurel growing so slowly?
July 22, 2015
I have a Mountain Laurel, Anacacho Orchid Tree and Desert Willow on the northern side of our yard - all three get full sun most of the day. The Mountain Laurel is closer to the east side. The other...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting Rid of Firecracker Flower
July 16, 2015
We live in the Tampa area of Florida. We planted Russelia equisetiformis under some palm trees 10 years ago. It has grown deep among the palm tree roots. We want to kill the Russelia without harming ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dead, brown Habiturf lawn
July 07, 2015
I planted Habiturf seeds last fall and had a good lawn all winter. Now the grass is brown and dead. Did it drown with all the rain we have had? If so, what should I do now? If not, what should I do...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 17 next >> 
162 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page