Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
209 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Arctostaphylos Hanging Basket for Texas
April 24, 2015
I would like to plant an Arctostaphylos uva-ursi in a hanging basket with a coco liner. Will this work, or will the roots grow too long? it's the 'Massachusetts' cultivar.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Avocados in South Texas
April 24, 2015
What types of avocados can be grown in South Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rust on Blackberry
April 17, 2015
I have two new blackberry bushes that I planted fall 2014. Only weeks after I planted the plant began to have rust color balls under the leaves then leaves began to die and fall off. When I returned t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Edible Plants of Florida
April 06, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants My name is Gabriel Bedoya; Im anthropologist, with large experience in research of traditional culinary, symbolic systems and native kitchens. Due to my experience in those s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non Toxic Fruit Plants
April 03, 2015
I am trying to plant on my backyard. My dog spends about 8 hours a day outdoors and I am afraid she will be poisoned. I am overwhelmed by the information of toxic trees\plants for dogs. However, I ju...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of wild plum in Childress County, Texas
March 16, 2015
I have a Wild Plum follow up question. My wife grew up around the Childress TX area. She remembers going around the creeks and gathering Wild Plums for her mother as a child. Would you have any ide...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is the fruit of Melothria pendula edible?
November 22, 2014
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are American Hazelnuts Self-Fertile?
November 06, 2014
I planted an American Hazelnut a couple of years ago that I ordered from a catalog. Is this plant self-fertile or do I need to plant another one? I have seen conflicting information on this subject.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Grasses as a Hay Crop in Beeville, TX
October 22, 2014
I am looking to cut Hay on about 38 acres just west of Beeville, Texas. I want to convert the land to native grasses, but I still want to have a decent hay crop that I can sell. What is a good set of ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Red berries growing along county road in Caldwell County, Texas
September 06, 2014
Hello, first I would like to thank you for your time. I thank it's great that you guys and girls answer questions (I'm sure y'all are busy). That being said I will get to the question. On the sides...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
209 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page