Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 83 next >> 
830 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Identification of shrub with white flowers in Arkansas
April 09, 2014
I have about 15 flowering shrubs that just started blooming in a cut-over. They are about 6/7 feet tall and have an entire crown of white blooms that resemble a cross between a Dandelion and a Marigol...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine with wine-colored flowers in Washington County, TX
April 04, 2014
I'm trying to identify a deep purple wine colored flowering vine in Washington County, Texas. It looks very similar to Texas wisteria, but it is something else. I've seen them growing in vineyards...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Identification from Parkersburg WV
March 24, 2014
My wife found this flower on March 22nd, growing on a hillside partly shaded a few yards from our home. No one we have spoken to has ever seen it before,and we would love to identify it. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

February 20, 2014
I'm not sure of county of origin. It was given to me by someone I no longer have contact with. When I initially received it I thought it was just a small potted vine of some type. I've had it a yea...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of shrub with red berries in Tennessee
January 24, 2014
Hello, I've got a shrub in my backyard; it has leaves off in groups of 3 and it has multiple reddish berries in groups by the dozens. I'm not sure what plant it is. The shrub is stick-like and appr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native eleagnus from Jesup GA
January 17, 2014
An elderly farmer has told me about a plant called Alley Agnes, but I can't find any plant by this name anywhere. He doesn't know another name for it, says it's what everyone has always called it i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification of bamboo-like plant in California
January 10, 2014
We just bought a house in Cambria, CA. The plant I'd like to ID grows like bamboo -- spreading fibrous stalks abt 6' high with beautiful orange blossoms that protrude out the top of the stalk. The...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of a vine with 3 leaves and a red trunk
January 02, 2014
What is a vine with 3 leaves that has a red trunk?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of lily in Florida Savannas Preserve State Park
December 19, 2013
I found a lily blooming in the Savannas Preserve State Park in Martin County Florida. It is similar to a Michaux lily but doesn't have apparent spots. The foliage is also different from photos I ha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of mystery plant in non-native commercial forage mix
December 17, 2013
Dear Smart One, I use a commercially prepared, fortified, chopped forage based on a mix of orchard and Timothy grasses. The bags are shipped in from out of State. However, I have been finding short s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 83 next >> 
830 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page