Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 89 next >> 
881 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Are Brown-eyed susans and Black-eyed susans the same species?
December 02, 2014
Are Brown eyed Susans the same as the Black-eyed Susan? I've read that they are both common names for the same plant, but the flower looks slightly different in different regions. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of blue sage-like plant blooming in September in Lubbock TX
November 07, 2014
This has bothered me for years. It looks like a miniature version of Salvia azure. About a foot talk with multiple stems. Flowering in September. Grows on the hillsides overlooking Buddy Holly Lak...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bermuda, not the only option in Memphis
November 04, 2014
I'm building an energy efficient home in Memphis and want to extend that strategy to the landscaping. I'd like to plant native grasses, but this lot is surrounded by lots sodded with Bermuda grass....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant ID in Arkansas
October 29, 2014
Harrison, Ark I borrowed pix, hope they can be seen. Fast growing, 5' popped up in area- it screams abutilon to me, but the flower doesnt. Waited til Sept to bloom. Nowhere for pic. Green/ yellow tub...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of a vine with red berries in Weatherford, Texas
October 17, 2014
I have found a vine with red berries that I would appreciate an ID for. How can I send you a photo or two of it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Houseplant identification
October 15, 2014
Had a houseplant with leaves that were green on the top and purplish on the bottom. The leaves were velvety to the touch. Would like to know what it was.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where do snake herb and skeleton-leaf goldeneye get their names?
October 05, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Where does snake herb, and skeleton leaf goldeneye get their names from? Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is the plant called wingspan?
September 21, 2014
I have a lot of environmental allergies and saw a positive result for "wingspan" yet I cannot find ANY information online about that particular plant. I was told it's "tumbleweed" by the medical ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

September 20, 2014
I was recently visiting Texas and kept seeing a particular plant in drainage bottoms and wetland areas (note these areas at the time of my visit were very dry). I was hoping you might be able to help...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrub with thorns, black fruit and citrus fragrance in Michigan
September 19, 2014
I'm not sure that my plant is a native, but I'm hoping to find some answer. There is a small patch of roadside shrubs on my property which I've been unable to identify. They have simple opposite ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 89 next >> 
881 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page