Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 87 next >> 
869 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Is Tagetes lemmonii (Copper Canyon Daisy) native to the Southwest?
September 01, 2014
Due to the continued drought I have resolved to only use native plants in my garden. Copper canyon daisy is be recommended more often at nurseries. The NPSOT lists it a native of Arizona, yet I cann...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seed pod of Proboscidea louisianica (Deveil's claw) in New Mexico
August 30, 2014
I found the most amazing seed pods of the devil's claw right here in Albuquerque. I thought it was a wood skeleton of a pterodactyl (flying dinosaur, I believe), but heard it's a devil's claw. Ok...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification from New York
August 21, 2014
I have a sunflower like plant growing mysteriously in our garden. Its leaves are large heart shaped. It is a single stem plant. The base of each branch is a small, orange colored bud looking as if...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of tree with outrageous thorns
August 10, 2014
Can you identify this tree? It has these outrageous thorns on its trunk. They are in clusters and are anywhere from 1" long to 4" long or so.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering vine with yellow flowers in Nevada
August 10, 2014
A flowering vine started growing in our Henderson back yard about 2 months ago. It has variegated green leaves & yellow flowers. We decided not to pull it out & now it's spreading. I've looked on v...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of bush/vine with purple berries
August 09, 2014
I was clearing fence line and came across this plant it looks like a Bush but underneath grows like a vine it has long broad leaves that reminded me of Polk salad but it grows berry clusters the berri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tree that looks like cedar elm but with smooth bark
August 09, 2014
What tree looks like a cedar elm, but has smooth bark?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

August 07, 2014
there is a plant in our yard...I believe it to be in the seed phase..it has 3 or 5 pointed leaves topped with a green fuzzy ball then another set of leaves and a green fuzzy ball..this is continued a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

August 06, 2014
I have a plant my kids got me, but I cant figure out what it is. It has long thick waxy leaves and instead of flowers the leaves at the top turn white. Do you know what it is?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification of orange-flowered plant with portulaca-like leaves
August 02, 2014
As a last resort, I'm asking you. The plant identification page has not been helpful. Recently moved to Breckenridge, Texas and found several plants with 5 petaled orange flowers in the pasture. L...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 87 next >> 
869 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page