Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
855 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Ripe fruit of Melothria pendula (Guadaloupe cucumber)
July 22, 2014
I see the pictures of the guadualupe cucumber plant. The fruit is still green. When it matures does it look like a small tomato? I have noticed the vine when the fruit is ripe. This is in McLennan C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tall plant with bell-shaped upside-down white flowers
July 18, 2014
2 tall plants grew outside my suburban New York house in June, blossomed late June. They looked like giant asparagus stalks, and the flowers were white, bell shaped, upside down, look like fairy skirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why is Mentzelia oligosperma called
July 15, 2014
Could you tell me why Mentzelia oligosperma is sometimes called chickenthief?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

July 10, 2014
I am trying to identify a wildflower that has popped up after a big rain. It is under a foot tall---blooms a yellow bloom in the evenings. It has long narrow leaves sort of like a rosemary. It grows f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of vine with orangish flowers
July 09, 2014
I am looking to ID what I believe is a vine growing plant that blooms orangish flowers. I have pictures of the plant, and have attempted to use multiple plant ID websites. But have been unsuccessful. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of plant with white spike blooms and red berries
July 06, 2014
I just came back from a hike in Dallas and found large areas where a lanceolate- to acuminate- leafed herb was blooming spikes of white, 4 petal flowers that quickly turn to bright red berries, someti...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to solve a search problem on the Native Plant Database!
July 01, 2014
When I use the LBJ Wildflower Center's Plant Identification Guide, it ALWAYS comes up with no results. It also ALWAYS comes up with Family: Acanthaceae. Could this be why NO question EVERY produces A...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native flowers versus non-natives
June 30, 2014
Native flowers versus non-natives. What guidelines do use for identification. I come across flowers in different habitats and can't identify them as natives. Also, how do you attach a image to a ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of possible toxic plant in Austin, TX
June 20, 2014
When we hike with our dogs along Turkey Creek in Austin, they seem to make a bee line to a small green leafy plant when they find it along the trail and eat a few leaves of it. We assume it's not dan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Differences between Desmodium and Lespedezda
June 19, 2014
i am trying to determine the difference between lespedeza and desmodium in my full sun wildflower and tall grasses meadow. There appear to be a number of different types of these plants, and they are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
855 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page