Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 93 next >> 
930 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Identification of vining plant with red berries in California
January 28, 2016
We found a vining plant next to and growing in our stream with gorgeous purple leaves in the fall after frost and a few sporadic clusters of smooth small red berries with little thorns on the vine. We...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What are the cone shaped evergreens around Pilot Point, TX?
January 26, 2016
What are the cone shaped evergreens around Pilot Point, Texas called? They are dark green with spiky leaves and rough bark. I have a row planted as a windscreen and want to transplant a couple from a ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wanting to grow a Buckley Oak in Amarillo, TX
January 20, 2016
I live in Amarillo Texas in the Texas Panhandle. I recently became interested in the Buckley Oak and was wondering if it might grow well here and if so, where I might find one that I could purchase a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Goldenball leadtree really evergreen, as we state?
January 17, 2016
Please would you confirm that Goldenball leadtree Leucaena retusa is evergreen as stated on this website and not deciduous as stated by Wasowski in Native Texas Plants? Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

ID for Caribbean mystery plants.
January 13, 2016
I AM TRYING TO FIND THE COMMON NAME FOR TWO FLOWERS I TOOK PICTURES OF ON A CARIBBEAN CRUISE. I TOOK ONE IN HONDURAS AND ONE IN GRAND CAYMAN. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN GO TO TO GET HELP IN ID...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What is the bush that has very bright red berries in the fall/winter and no leaves?
December 27, 2015
What is the name of the bush that has very bright red berries in the fall/winter and no leaves? I am familiar with amour honeysuckle, and I'm sure that it is not that.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why do Turk's cap plants have such a variable growth habit?
December 10, 2015
In visiting the Family Garden at the Lady Bird Wildflower Center yesterday (10-21-15,) I admired a large bunch of Turks Cap that had more blooms than I had ever seen on Turks Cap, and I've loved that...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

ID for two flowers blooming in November in Buda TX
November 29, 2015
two different plants growing in my wild area. 1. springs of tiny yellow flowers atop almost foot tall woody stem. 2. Clump of tiny near white bud like flowers. clump about 6 to 8 inches across on ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Website with map showing occurence of species
November 25, 2015
Hello and thank you so much for this amazing site and all the information you provide. Recently after reading about some really neat species on here I ended up surfing the net for pictures and somehow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of Verbesina occidentalis (Yellow crownbeard) in Burnet County TX
November 23, 2015
Looked up (small) yellow crownbeard..yellow, no description or pic. Csn you tell me if this is what is in this pic? THX! Can't insert a pic to say y/n. 😟it's in Burnet, Co..SE of Marble Fal...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 93 next >> 
930 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page