Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 91 next >> 
909 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Native orchids in Bowie and Harris Counties
July 02, 2015
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants, I was wondering what types of orchids are native to Bowie County and Harris County.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horsemint for Connecticut
July 01, 2015
Will horsemint grow in Connecticut?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Difference between Oxalis debilis and Oxalis violacea
June 22, 2015
There are two species of pink oxalis reported to grow here in Jefferson County, Oxalis debilis (introduced) and O. violacea (native). How can I positively identify which one I have growing in my yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine with 5 pointed deep lobed leaves and small white flowers
June 21, 2015
I recently happened upon a very peculiar vine. It has 5 pointed very deep lobed leaves, that are semi hairy on both the top and bottom with small white flowers that emerge from the same part of the st...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Invasive vine with yellow flowers in Austin
June 21, 2015
What is the invasive vine in Austin that has wire like stems and small leaves. It just blossomed huge yellow flowers this spring. It climbs cliff, trees, bldgs., etc.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of plant with speckled green leaf
June 21, 2015
I have a purple (or brown) speckled green leaf plant with tiny yellow daisy-like flowers. The leaf is fuzzy looking on the edge. Self seeds freely in my shady garden.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of plant friend bought at plant sale
June 20, 2015
Can you Please Identify this plant? A friend had bought it at a plant sale and she thinks it was called a money tree. I am curios as to what it really is because it has jagged edges on the leaves and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of fleshy three-leaved vine in Central Texas
June 20, 2015
I have a 3 leaved evergreen vine, that I assume is a central Texas native, growing in my yard in a non irrigated mostly shady spot. It has a strong odor when touched and looks and feels like a succule...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

A blue-eyed grass with salmon-colored blooms?
June 16, 2015
Has anyone heard of a blue-eyed grass variety that has salmon-colored blooms? I have a photo if needed.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of cinnamon-scented bush from Pennsylvania
May 23, 2015
I had a "bush" in PA that the woman who sold it to me called a cinnamon bush. It had long branches with large (approx 5" long and 3" wide) dark green leaves attached evenly along each side of the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 91 next >> 
909 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page