Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
859 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
The most common wildflower in the United States
July 29, 2014
What is the most common wildflower in the United States?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

July 29, 2014
I have a plant in my yard about 3' high, narrow pointy smooth leaves covered with small berries that are turning purple. What is this? a weed? should I eliminate it from my xeriscape garden or wel...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of vine with feathery leaves and deep pink flowers
July 28, 2014
I have growing up my porch what appears to be a vine with feathery leaves and small deep pink flowers. There is no water sources near by. Can you tell me what it is?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Larkspur with pink and white flowers
July 26, 2014
Hi - I have been photographing larkspurs (mainly D. bicolor) in Montana for years now and I found one that I can't identify. The leaves and flower structure all appear to be D. bicolor, but the flow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ripe fruit of Melothria pendula (Guadaloupe cucumber)
July 22, 2014
I see the pictures of the guadualupe cucumber plant. The fruit is still green. When it matures does it look like a small tomato? I have noticed the vine when the fruit is ripe. This is in McLennan C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tall plant with bell-shaped upside-down white flowers
July 18, 2014
2 tall plants grew outside my suburban New York house in June, blossomed late June. They looked like giant asparagus stalks, and the flowers were white, bell shaped, upside down, look like fairy skirt...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why is Mentzelia oligosperma called
July 15, 2014
Could you tell me why Mentzelia oligosperma is sometimes called chickenthief?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

July 10, 2014
I am trying to identify a wildflower that has popped up after a big rain. It is under a foot tall---blooms a yellow bloom in the evenings. It has long narrow leaves sort of like a rosemary. It grows f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of vine with orangish flowers
July 09, 2014
I am looking to ID what I believe is a vine growing plant that blooms orangish flowers. I have pictures of the plant, and have attempted to use multiple plant ID websites. But have been unsuccessful. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of plant with white spike blooms and red berries
July 06, 2014
I just came back from a hike in Dallas and found large areas where a lanceolate- to acuminate- leafed herb was blooming spikes of white, 4 petal flowers that quickly turn to bright red berries, someti...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 86 next >> 
859 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page