Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 92 next >> 
916 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Tree with light-colored bark, thorns and long white clumps of flowers
August 18, 2015
I bought a tree at the LBJWC plant sale a couple years ago but lost the name of the tree. I'm finally ready to plant it in the ground and would like to learn more about what its needs are. Can you ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of tree in South Carolina
August 18, 2015
I don't know if this is native as I'm new to South Carolina. This is a tree about 40' tall. The leaves are trilobal, 10" to a foot across/long and are trilobal, not glossy and have big veins. T...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of flower in book
August 12, 2015
Hi, I make paper flowers and I came across this flower in my book under the name camellia. But I am sure it is not. I tried finding out similar flowers but i am lost as I don't know if such a flower ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Identification
August 07, 2015
I live in southeastern Michigan. I found a plant growing in the backyard that caught my eye. I chalked it off as a weed, but it's unique. It is shaped like a bushing type plant, has red stem, each cl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of vining shrub near Fort Worth
August 07, 2015
Please let me know what this plant might be. Saw it one county west of Ft. Worth, in a wooded area, and I've never seen this in this region before. The form is a vining shrub. Leaves are heart-sh...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bee-friendly bush with small yellow flowers in Minnesota
August 04, 2015
I was up north in Minnesota and saw a bee friendly bush with small yellow flowers clustered so they looked like small (4"-6") flocked Christmas trees. Any ideas? Thanks!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of ball-shaped purple flower in Connecticut
July 13, 2015
I am trying to identify a ball shaped purple/light purple flower with opposite leaves that look fern like. It has been in bloom since late May or early June. I have found it growing with what appear...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native orchids in Bowie and Harris Counties
July 02, 2015
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants, I was wondering what types of orchids are native to Bowie County and Harris County.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Horsemint for Connecticut
July 01, 2015
Will horsemint grow in Connecticut?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Difference between Oxalis debilis and Oxalis violacea
June 22, 2015
There are two species of pink oxalis reported to grow here in Jefferson County, Oxalis debilis (introduced) and O. violacea (native). How can I positively identify which one I have growing in my yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 92 next >> 
916 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page