Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
156 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leaves dropping from a potted Mesquite
August 11, 2014
I have a Prosopis pubescens (Screwbean Mesquite) that I purchased at a nursery in Alpine, TX just a few miles away from me. It was a in nursery style black plastic container. The mesquite is perhaps a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vine for trellis in Brooklyn, New York
June 11, 2014
Hello, I am looking for a native vine to grow on a trellis in a large container. I live in Brooklyn, NY, and the area is in part shade. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container plant in difficult sun exposure from Leander TX
June 06, 2014
HELP!!!! I have a large Mexican terracotta pot on my front porch. This awkward area is facing westward, so receives the full dose of Texas sun after about 3 pm onward. Now here's the catch; my fr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging Baskets for Batson, TX
May 23, 2014
What plants can I put in hanging baskets for my shady porch?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem garden strip in Austin
May 22, 2014
Currently I live in the west half of a duplex. There is a small strip of dirt about two feet wide between the wall and the sidewalk in the backyard. It faces west, meaning it only gets sunlight duri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Type of clumping bamboo for outdoor planters from Plano TX
March 25, 2014
What type of clumping bamboo can be grown outdoors in planters in Dallas,TX?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging container for west-facing house in Austin TX
March 03, 2014
I'd like to put a hanging container in front of my house. The front of my house faces west and gets very hot in the summer time, with full sun in the afternoon/evening. What native Texan plants could...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Use of non-native pothos for outside wall from Las Vegas NV
January 05, 2014
I am in Las Vegas, NV. I live in a cottage-style apartment so I have a north facing porch with no one on the west so I get some there (and have an inherited cactus probably a yard all round) I would ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 next >> 
156 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page