Mr. Smarty Plants - Question Topics

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 next >> 
149 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Type of clumping bamboo for outdoor planters from Plano TX
March 25, 2014
What type of clumping bamboo can be grown outdoors in planters in Dallas,TX?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging container for west-facing house in Austin TX
March 03, 2014
I'd like to put a hanging container in front of my house. The front of my house faces west and gets very hot in the summer time, with full sun in the afternoon/evening. What native Texan plants could...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Use of non-native pothos for outside wall from Las Vegas NV
January 05, 2014
I am in Las Vegas, NV. I live in a cottage-style apartment so I have a north facing porch with no one on the west so I get some there (and have an inherited cactus probably a yard all round) I would ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container plant for poolside in Southern California
November 24, 2013
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants- PROBLEM: Southern CA,-- FOUR 10gal containers poolside, FULL SUN all day in summer. Had Phormiums that did well for 4 years. Didn't make it through this summer:-( Need something...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing Texas wildflowers indoors for a March wedding from Austin
October 01, 2013
I have learned so much from this site! Thank you! I am getting Married this March and I am hoping to use Texas wildflowers for the centerpieces. I hope to grow them in containers indoors and have the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wintering Purple Coneflowers in pots in Springfield MO
August 26, 2013
I have some 8 month old purple cone flowers in containers on my porch. They did not bloom this summer because they were seedlings when given to me. I can not put them in the ground. How can I keep the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Large-scale container garden for New York City
August 17, 2013
I am a community volunteer in NYC who is trying to help a non-profit set up two large container gardens (about 3 feet high by 4 feet long by 2 or so feet wide). The problem is that they want natives,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Arborvitae for house plant from Austin
August 15, 2013
I am a Northerner transplanted to Austin, TX. While I love Austin it feels like many of the plants & trees I came to love up north won't grow here at all. Could I grow an arborvitae in my home as a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing conditions for Giant Coneflower from San Antonio
August 09, 2013
Rudbeckia maxima is considered to be a perennial plant for the sun but I have had a difficult time maintaining it in a pot in full sun before attempting to plant. Do you feel that it will survive and...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for hanging flower boxes from Austin
July 27, 2013
I have two long flower boxes 17" x 15" x 25 feet long one on the north side of the apt and one on the south made of metal suspended about four feet from the ground. One will get the morning sun and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 15 next >> 
149 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page