Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 970 next >> 
9,691 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Flowering shrubs and vines for San Angelo, Texas
May 28, 2015
Hello What would be the best flowering shrubs and vines to plant here in dry San Angelo?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Failure of TX bluebonnets to thrive
May 28, 2015
We have had extraordinary luck with bluebonnets growing in our driveway of decomposed granite--until last year and this year. The bluebonnets seem to be drying up and wilting away. The ones in other a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Use of the word annual
May 27, 2015
Why is the word 'annual' used to describe plants with one grow season, when in all other cases it's used to describe things that reoccur year after year? i.e. Events, celebration, salary?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seedball Germination in Dallas, TX
May 27, 2015
Last Fall we created thousands of seedballs with Lady Bird's wildflower seed mixture, compost and clay, and planted them along a bike trail in Dallas, Texas. We are so disappointed because nothing h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will the
May 27, 2015
I'm becoming interested in rain gardens, and although Silphium perfoliatum does not appear to be a host for butterfly caterpillars and like most of the "giant tall grass prairie daisies" may be a b...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for plants for phytoremediation in Columbus, TX
May 27, 2015
Hello! I am looking for native Texan phytodegrading/rhizodegrading plants (basically I want phytoremediating plants that could be left in place and not have to be removed/disposed of after they had ta...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Indian Paintbrush outnumbering our Bluebonnets this year.
May 26, 2015
We noticed we have more Indian paintbrush than bluebonnets in our front yard this year. Our issue is we also have more spear grass than normal. Is there a way to control this grass without killing th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate roadside thistles
May 26, 2015
When we drive along the highway we see lots of wildflowers and no thistles in the median. How does the Highway Department keep the thistles out? Here in Kerrville, we are overwhelmed by thistles thi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Falling Balls from an Oak in Kingsland TX
May 25, 2015
I have a large Live Oak in the back yard, with St. Augustine grass under it. It is April 3, 2015. The leaves have fallen and now little tiny round balls are falling. I am hearing a popping noise und...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to propagate Scarlet leatherflower (Clematis texensis)
May 25, 2015
How do you collect seeds for the scarlet leatherflower? I saw your answer on how to grow from seeds but I'm not sure how to collect the seeds. Also is it possible to grow the scarlet leatherflower...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 970 next >>