Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 952 next >> 
9,515 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants to replace Phragmites australis (Common reed) in Cedar Ridge Preserve
February 25, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in the DFW area and volunteer at a preserve (Cedar Ridge). We are constantly battling the common reed, Phragmites australis, around the pond. I am wondering what shou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

February 24, 2015
I have an Ehretia anacua in the way of possible development of a new building and I have a few questions.\r\nWhat is the typical life span of that tree and are the roots sensitive to compaction and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Shrubs for Under First Floor Windows in DC
February 24, 2015
I'm in search of bushes to plant under the first floor windows of an apartment building I manage. I'm interested in both deterring intruders and in making the grounds more attractive. Any suggestion...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Short, Shady Plants for South Carolina
February 24, 2015
I have a shady part of my mother's garden that doesn't drain very well. Do you have any suggestions as to what type of flowers or plants (preferably native to S.C.) that aren't red that might grow ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Safe Concrete Planters For Plants?
February 24, 2015
We are building low concrete walls around a patio (in Washington, DC). Can we create the walls to act as planters or will the lime leaching make the soil too inhospitable for most plants?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Companion Plants for Rhododendron periclymenoides
February 24, 2015
Could you identify companion plants that work well with the pink azalea (Rhododendron periclymenoides)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to eliminate Sawgrass from a small lake in Lindale, TX?
February 23, 2015
We live on a small acre lake (about 65 acres) and the majority of the lake is surrounded by what the locals are calling saw grass. From the description on the website, I believe they are correct. The...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seeds to plant a short grass prairie near Houston
February 21, 2015
I want to plant a prepared area 20x40 with strong midday sun in Houston. I would like a short prairie meadow with lots of flowers. Where do I get the seeds and is this the time to plant them as I wo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Germination of seeds of Stephanomeria pauciflora (Brownplume wire lettuce)
February 20, 2015
I have discovered a very fast growing Stephanomeria pauciflora on property where I work here in Terlingua, TX. At first glance it appears as an invasive weed but on closer inspection with my macro le...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Insect damage to Meyer lemon in Texas
February 19, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I have a Meyer Lemon tree in Galveston. It produced a lot of lemons. However, something has bit up to quarter sized holes from the side edges of the leaf. Could you please...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 952 next >>