Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 946 next >> 
9,452 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Problems with Purple Heart in Raleigh, NC
December 24, 2014
I was hoping you could help me with an indoor/outdoor houseplant issue. I have a purple heart, that lives outside in the summers and indoors in the winters. I brought it in a few weeks ago and am no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Eliminating Najas flexilis from a pond
December 22, 2014
What method would be effective in eliminating Najas Flexilis from a pond?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen tree for privacy screen in Granbury Texas
December 21, 2014
We need to put an evergreen privacy screen between our barn and our neighbor's new 132' long, unattractive building, which runs along & is just 40' away from our fence line & where they have decid...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bluebonnets Emerging in December
December 21, 2014
Bluebonnets Emerging in December. We've seen bluebonnets emerging all over our property in the last two weeks. I don't ever remember seeing them come up this early. What will be the impact on t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Number of plant species existing in South Carolina
December 21, 2014
Where can I find the number of known or estimated number of plant species existing in South Carolina? I have tried several search engines, but perhaps I am not wording my query properly. Thank you f...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of seedlings
December 20, 2014
So..last spring I spread out a bag of random Texas wildflower seed I bought at Home Depot. Bautiful things happened. Since that time I've collected seeds while out camping etc and just been chunking ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Landscape professional to maintain native plants
December 20, 2014
Had native plants & buffalo grass professionaly planted earlier this year. Have had trouble finding maintenance services for our yard. Any suggestions on how to find a knowledgeable crew? Thanks...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Specifying sizes of plants for pond edge plantings in Austin area
December 19, 2014
I am working on a list of pond edge plantings for the Austin area that will be in the fluctuation zone and I have my list of my plants but I need to know how to spec the sizes and to make sure my list...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Calcium from Eggshells for Ferns?
December 15, 2014
I was reading recently about beneficial additions to the soil/plant. The first was about soaking used egg shells overnight and then pouring the water onto ferns. They said that the calcium in eggshell...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for waxleaf privet
December 15, 2014
i just removed some waxleaf privet due to reading about the invasive and allergy problem to it. Is indian hawthorn blueberry muffin any better? what shrub do you recommend? I want it to grow about 6-1...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 946 next >>