Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 next >> 
235 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Water Use Versus Soil Moisture
October 14, 2014
In the Native Plant Database, under Growing Conditions what is the difference between water use and soil moisture? Sometimes they seem contradictory.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where do snake herb and skeleton-leaf goldeneye get their names?
October 05, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Where does snake herb, and skeleton leaf goldeneye get their names from? Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is a height of 5 to 8 feet forOenothera biennis (Common evening primrose) normal?
August 30, 2014
I have identified a version of Evening Primrose Oenothera biennia L. In my yard, Livonia Michigan. These plants range in height from 5-8+ feet. Is this typical? The references I find indicates 3-5 fe...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Chickasaw plums evergreen?
August 13, 2014
Are Chickasaw Plums evergreens? I've been very interested in planting a few but some websites say they are evergreens while others say the opposite. Furthermore, would I have to plant a male and fema...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Viburnum rufidulum monoecious or dioecious?
July 28, 2014
Is Viburnum rufidulum monoecious or dioecious? Your database does not address this for most plants.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

The Designation of Annual and Perennial Plants
July 25, 2014
Sometimes when researching a plant I will find it listed as both annual and perennial. I understand that some plants will be perennial in a warm climate and die in a colder zone, but it is still a per...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mountain laurel with fasciation
July 24, 2014
My Texas Mountain Laurel bush has developed several "crested branches." What causes this, is it harmful & how do I get rid of them??? Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Purple leatherflower with white bloom
July 17, 2014
A couple of years ago at the wildflower center native plant sale I bought a purple leatherflower according to the tag. This is the first year it has bloomed and the blooms are pure white. The shape ma...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Forum for reporting rare plants
July 05, 2014
Hi Mr. Smarty Pants, I was wondering if there is a forum for Texans to submit sightings of native plants they find? I live in Medina County and 2 years ago had a rare native plant growing in my yard ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Taxonomy question concerning the Family Commelinaceae
June 17, 2014
Hi I have a question. Many people refer to plants differently, I have always used the Genus and species and rarely the family name..it is very confusing .. when a professional uses a name that is a co...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 next >> 
235 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page