Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 20 next >> 
192 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Mail order source for Guaiacum angustifolium from Ft. Worth TX
April 16, 2014
Do you have a mail order source for the seeds of Guaiacum angustifolium? I have looked extensively and cannot find one. Thank you!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting wildflowers on company property from Aquasco MD
April 04, 2014
Our company wants to plant wildflowers on our property. How do I know how much seed, what type of seeds, how to care for, how to plant, basically everything? Finally, we hope to find use some deer-r...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will native Galium aparine be a problem in Austin garden?
March 25, 2014
Should I be concerned that my yard is overrun with "sticky weed" (Galium aparine) in the early spring? Specifically, about five years ago I undertook converting about half my back yard into a na...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Help with Habiturf from Bertram TX
March 24, 2014
I am a resident of Bertram..about 45 min northwest of Austin. I have 1.33 acres of land with my home on it. My front pasture is pretty nice native grass but my backyard is full of weeds. I'm guessing...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Use of hand-held seed spreader from Robstown TX
March 20, 2014
I am planting native turf grass and prairie grasses as part of a backyard restoration on my 1.6 acre home site. My problem is good seed dispersal for the chaffey grass seeds. Have you have any luck...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seeds to scatter from Austin
March 20, 2014
Which seeds are good to throw and scatter on lawns or garden beds? Seeds that germinate easily, I suppose?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Different colors of Argemone spp. from McAllen TX
March 16, 2014
I took pictures of at least 5 colors of pricklepoppy today. Is this common to have so many colors in one area? How do I harvest the seedpods and when is the best time to do so?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Ashe Juniper seeds from Blanco Co., TX
March 10, 2014
I'm trying to find Ashe Juniper seeds to plant in bare areas of my property in central Texas. I understand they grow well in rockier soil and have many other benefits for native animal species. Unfo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native grass mix for Bastrop County, TX
February 25, 2014
I plan to put in a small lawn on a tract of land near Rosanky, TX in Bastrop County. There are scattered oaks but the yard space will be mostly open. Soil is basically sandy. Is there a good native...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting wild plant seeds indoors from Dallas TX
February 23, 2014
Is it possible to start some Phlox drummondii or other native wild flower from seed indoors, and then transplant to my garden? If so, can you suggest some?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 20 next >> 
192 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page