Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
209 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Melochia Pyramidata from Seed
November 06, 2014
Last year some Melochia pyramidata popped up in my yard all on its own. I was able to gather some (really neat looking) seed pods once they had dried out. I'm moving pretty soon and I'd like to grow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for a ecoregion prairie project in Cleburne, TX
October 30, 2014
I have a ecoregion prairie project in which students are to plant from pots a small area so visitors might see what the seeded area will become. We are struggling to find potted plants. HELP
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to germinate seed for Styrax grandifolius
October 18, 2014
How do I germinate seed for the Styrax grandifolius?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Storing Rudbeckia Hirta Seed
October 10, 2014
I just bought and planted your Rudbeckia hirta seed. I have a lot leftover. Can I store it until spring or better yet, next fall? If so, how?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Silphium Perfoliatum Seeds
October 06, 2014
I am trying to identify which part of the seedhead is the actual seed of the cup plant, Silphium perfoliatum. It is hard to find images. Some show the outer, larger, flat part of the seedhead which ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When is best time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade in San Antonio, TX?
September 20, 2014
I need to know the time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade. Can I plant them now ( August ), or wait till fall or spring?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When to Collect Rudbeckia triloba Seed?
September 13, 2014
How soon after flowering may I cut Rudbeckia triloba flower heads to save seeds? Do cones need to be attached to the plant in or out of the ground to continue to mature?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering ofPluchea odorata in Houston, TX
August 13, 2014
I sprouted Pluchea odorata seeds this spring, but the plants seem too small to bloom this year. Although your website characterizes this plant as an annual, do you think it will survive the Houston wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
209 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page