Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
202 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
When is best time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade in San Antonio, TX?
September 20, 2014
I need to know the time to plant seeds of Texas Nightshade. Can I plant them now ( August ), or wait till fall or spring?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When to Collect Rudbeckia triloba Seed?
September 13, 2014
How soon after flowering may I cut Rudbeckia triloba flower heads to save seeds? Do cones need to be attached to the plant in or out of the ground to continue to mature?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering ofPluchea odorata in Houston, TX
August 13, 2014
I sprouted Pluchea odorata seeds this spring, but the plants seem too small to bloom this year. Although your website characterizes this plant as an annual, do you think it will survive the Houston wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

When does Bouteloua dactyloides (Buffalograss) go to seed in southern US?
August 06, 2014
When does Bouteloua dactyloides go to seed in the southern United States, mainly Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for seeds for Carex texensis and Horse Herb
July 27, 2014
I am looking for either plants or seeds of Carex texensis and horseherb with no success. I live in the Albuquerque,NM mountain region (at ~6800ft, zone 6). I need something that is very dought resis...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native grasses for organic farm in Elgin TX
July 22, 2014
Hi there, I am working to restore native grasses on our certified organic farm in Elgin, TX. We raise eggs, grass fed beef, and grass fed lamb. I am having a terrible time finding organic pastur...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Preparation of seeds of Cosmos parviflorus for planting
July 21, 2014
This is in regards to Cosmos Parviflorus. I reside directly outside of Big Bend National Park in Terlingua, TX. Cosmos Parviflorus grows naturally here and I have collected some seeds from a couple of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing a Swamp Oak from Seed
July 02, 2014
I have a swamp oak that I started from an acorn. Someone at a nursery stated that after 4 years I should cut it off at ground level and then allow one of the suckers to grow while keep removing the ot...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How does Habiturf spread from Walburg TX
May 19, 2014
How does HabitTurf spread? - by seed only? - when/how often must you let it go to seed to insure a permanent stand?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Viability of Lupinus havardii seeds from Elmendorf TX
April 25, 2014
I have been able to grow several Lupinus havardii (Big Bend Bluebonnet) and they are now making seed. Is there anyway to determine if a seed is good or bad for this plant?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 21 next >> 
202 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page