Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 22 next >> 
213 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Germinating Milkweed Seeds
January 23, 2015
When is the best time to plant milkweed seeds outside? I was told when the overnight temperature hits 70 F. (our garden is in Lakeway, Texas). So around late May? Is this when the seeds germinate i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Annual Native Plants for Interplanting in Iowa
January 20, 2015
I'm looking for suggestions for annuals that will flower from seed or from spring plants. I want to use them to fill in the space around newly planted coneflowers and asters that I fear will look spa...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What to do about early seedlings
January 16, 2015
Hello, Over the last few weeks I have noticed that all my naturally occurring poppies and delphiniums have started to sprout up around my yard. Hundreds of them! I imagine it's because of the ear...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What does the seed for Tiquilia greggii look like?
December 01, 2014
What does the seed for Tiquilia greggii look like? Do you have a picture?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting a meadow garden in Pennsylvania
November 16, 2014
I live in Saxonburg PA near Pittsburgh PA. I want to put a meadow garden in my back yard. We are building a home so there is no established yard yet just trees and weeds. Where do I start . What...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Starting Melochia Pyramidata from Seed
November 06, 2014
Last year some Melochia pyramidata popped up in my yard all on its own. I was able to gather some (really neat looking) seed pods once they had dried out. I'm moving pretty soon and I'd like to grow...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for a ecoregion prairie project in Cleburne, TX
October 30, 2014
I have a ecoregion prairie project in which students are to plant from pots a small area so visitors might see what the seeded area will become. We are struggling to find potted plants. HELP
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fall Wildflowers for Helotes, TX
October 20, 2014
Dear Smarty, Could you please suggest a few colorful wildflowers for a sunny area. I live north of San Antonio, TX and would like to plant some flowers in October but I want something that has been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to germinate seed for Styrax grandifolius
October 18, 2014
How do I germinate seed for the Styrax grandifolius?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Storing Rudbeckia Hirta Seed
October 10, 2014
I just bought and planted your Rudbeckia hirta seed. I have a lot leftover. Can I store it until spring or better yet, next fall? If so, how?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 22 next >> 
213 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page