Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 next >> 
234 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Night-Blooming Cereus not Blooming
September 04, 2014
I have a plant called a night-blooming cereus, which during the warm season, is supposed to have blooms that come out at night and close up but don't fall off when morning approaches. But my cereus h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can non-native Epiphyllum (Orchid Cactus) be grown in Round Rock, Texas?
July 01, 2014
Can the Epiphyllum (Orchid Cactus) be grown in the Round Rock Texas area or is this area too hot for it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container plant in difficult sun exposure from Leander TX
June 06, 2014
HELP!!!! I have a large Mexican terracotta pot on my front porch. This awkward area is facing westward, so receives the full dose of Texas sun after about 3 pm onward. Now here's the catch; my fr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Unidentified stalk, possibly manfreda, from San Marcos TX
May 23, 2014
I had a very weird stalk pop up in my yard in San Marcos TX this month (May 2014) It bloomed very quickly and appears to be a manfreda but there is no rosette, or leaves of any kind - just the thick o...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem garden strip in Austin
May 22, 2014
Currently I live in the west half of a duplex. There is a small strip of dirt about two feet wide between the wall and the sidewalk in the backyard. It faces west, meaning it only gets sunlight duri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of an agave from Dripping Springs TX
April 30, 2014
Hi there, I have a Century Agave in my backyard. It is over 6 feet tall and is now producing the center stalk. I understand that means the plant is going to die. My question is how to harvest the pups...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for DNA sequencing of Opuntia species
March 04, 2014
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants, I am trying to do a Opuntia speciation study, and rather just identifying the species by morphological comparison, I would also like to go a little deeper by comparing the DNA...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Damage to Yucca rostrata from Nottingham, England
February 26, 2014
Hi, I have a yucca rostrata which has had its head snapped off in high winds (we live in Nottingham, England) we have left the trunk in the ground, will this re grow?? What is the best thing to do wit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Debugging and Preserving Dried Cholla Cactus
January 04, 2014
Hi. Recently found an intact skeleton of a cholla cactus. I want to Bring it in our house. Are there any dangers associated with this, like bugs inside the "branches?" how would you suggest I prese...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 next >> 
234 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page