Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 next >> 
238 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Will Sotol (Dasylirion wheeleri thrive in caliche soil?
December 02, 2014
I live on a high hill in the Hamilton Pool area outside of Austin. I am looking to plant a Dasylirion wheeleri that I grew from seed collected in New Mexico aria East Of Soccoro. I am wondering if the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems on Prickly Pear Cactus in Illinois
November 19, 2014
I have a fungus on my prickly pear cactus that is not a bug. I tested it and my fingers didn't turn red when I squeezed them. So how do I get rid of this as it is spreading to my other cacti?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of Agave suckers
November 18, 2014
I'm trying to transplant Dragon Toes Agave suckers. Is this similar to other agave pup transplants?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need help with century plant in Willis, TX
September 21, 2014
Ok so I have two gorgeously monstrous century plants in my yard..I love em BUT I don't know if the have ever bloomed but since I am removing pups as fast as I can during the rainy season I'm assumin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Night-Blooming Cereus not Blooming
September 04, 2014
I have a plant called a night-blooming cereus, which during the warm season, is supposed to have blooms that come out at night and close up but don't fall off when morning approaches. But my cereus h...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can non-native Epiphyllum (Orchid Cactus) be grown in Round Rock, Texas?
July 01, 2014
Can the Epiphyllum (Orchid Cactus) be grown in the Round Rock Texas area or is this area too hot for it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Container plant in difficult sun exposure from Leander TX
June 06, 2014
HELP!!!! I have a large Mexican terracotta pot on my front porch. This awkward area is facing westward, so receives the full dose of Texas sun after about 3 pm onward. Now here's the catch; my fr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Unidentified stalk, possibly manfreda, from San Marcos TX
May 23, 2014
I had a very weird stalk pop up in my yard in San Marcos TX this month (May 2014) It bloomed very quickly and appears to be a manfreda but there is no rosette, or leaves of any kind - just the thick o...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem garden strip in Austin
May 22, 2014
Currently I live in the west half of a duplex. There is a small strip of dirt about two feet wide between the wall and the sidewalk in the backyard. It faces west, meaning it only gets sunlight duri...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hanging plants for Austin, TX
May 18, 2014
I'm looking for a hanging potted flower suggestion for Austin. Most locations are shaded under a large tree, but some locations may have several hours of afternoon sun. I'd love to see some hummin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 24 next >> 
238 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page