Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 23 next >> 
227 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Source for DNA sequencing of Opuntia species
March 04, 2014
Hi Mr. Smarty Plants, I am trying to do a Opuntia speciation study, and rather just identifying the species by morphological comparison, I would also like to go a little deeper by comparing the DNA...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Damage to Yucca rostrata from Nottingham, England
February 26, 2014
Hi, I have a yucca rostrata which has had its head snapped off in high winds (we live in Nottingham, England) we have left the trunk in the ground, will this re grow?? What is the best thing to do wit...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Debugging and Preserving Dried Cholla Cactus
January 04, 2014
Hi. Recently found an intact skeleton of a cholla cactus. I want to Bring it in our house. Are there any dangers associated with this, like bugs inside the "branches?" how would you suggest I prese...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Both large and small Century plants putting up stems from Cayucos CA
November 18, 2013
I have a Century Plant that is sending up a stem. I am excited to see it bloom. I noticed that one of the small pups, about 4 inches tall, is also sending up a stem. I have not found a mention of pups...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Correction of tree name from Bay Point CA
October 16, 2013
The tree should of been Mulberry don't know how it was changed!! Tuesday - October 15, 2013 From: Bay Point, CA Region: California Topic: Non-Natives, Cacti and Succulents, Trees Title: Non-...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native jade plants and spider plants beneath Mayberry tree in Bay Point CA
October 15, 2013
I have a fruitless Mayberry in my back yard that's about 50/50' can I plant jade and spider plants under it? The tree is very healthy.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growth of yucca from seed pods from Saginaw MI
October 05, 2013
How do you grow a yucca plant from the pods? Do I need to dry out the pods first?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Overwintering Yucca Seedlings in Illinois
October 02, 2013
I have many yucca seedlings I started this year. My question is what do I need to do with them to overwinter here in Northern Illinois and when do I plant them in the ground for best chances of survi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Do flowers on century plants grow century plants from Huachuca City AZ
September 06, 2013
The flowers on century plants: can they "grow" century plants?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bringing upright a leaning cholla cactus
August 29, 2013
I have a 3 ft. tall Cylindropuntia bigelovii that fell over after recent rains. I righted it and supported it with garden stakes for about a month. I was afraid to pull too hard on the low...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 23 next >> 
227 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page