Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
299 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Deer Resistant Evergreens for Pennsylvania Woods
March 12, 2015
We are looking for evergreens that will grow in a partially shaded/wooded area and are ideally deer resistant. Hemlocks are out because of a parasite infestation in our area of Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Insect damage to Meyer lemon in Texas
February 19, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I have a Meyer Lemon tree in Galveston. It produced a lot of lemons. However, something has bit up to quarter sized holes from the side edges of the leaf. Could you please...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using Dormant Oils in the Winter
January 20, 2015
What are your thoughts on the use of dormant oils as part of a winter maintenance program? I live in Austin, Texas.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible leaf cutter ants in Elgin, TX
December 08, 2014
I've planted many beautiful native vines and flowering plants this fall. However, in the past week I've noticed something has been eating these plants, including coral honeysuckle vine, salvia, and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with leaf cutting bees in Houston, TX
December 08, 2014
I have four Arapaho crepe myrtle trees in my backyard and two have leaves, especially the young leaves, being eaten by something. I do not see ants of beetles on the leaves and have not seen any bees ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

White snails in Austin, TX.
October 01, 2014
We walked through an undisturbed site off of Hwy. 71 near Old Bee Caves Rd. and there were little white snails on the majority of the plants on site (not specific to certain types of plants). What typ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Weeping Willow Problem in Texas
September 04, 2014
Our weeping willow's leaves are turning yellow and falling off. We are also seeing some brown, gnarly looking pods on some of the stems can you tell us what's happening?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Rabbit-proof Plants for Texas
July 03, 2014
Do you have a list of flowers that rabbits will eat or will not eat so I know what to plant or avoid? I have a year-round rabbit population in my neighborhood and wish to co-exist with them without t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with mesquite tree limbs
June 13, 2014
i keep finding some smaller branches of my mesquite tree in the turf area around the tree. when looking at the cut ends, they appear to have a smooth cut around the circumference of the limb about 1/...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
299 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page