Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 32 next >> 
312 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Pests on Fan Tex Ash
July 30, 2015
We planted a Fan Tex Ash last year on our property. It's doing very well, but there are a lot of large stink bugs, yellow jackets and red wasps on it daily. We cannot seem to find any information on ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

White spotting on prickly pear cactus
July 28, 2015
Hello- I have large prickly pear cacti and just noticed large white spotting on some of the leaves. I also see some black bugs and apparently they are the problem.They are about 1/4" long. How can I ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hydrangea with Pest and Sun Issues
July 26, 2015
My hydrangea is in trouble. Something is eating holes in the leaves which then turn brown on the edges (the holes and the tips of the leaves are also burned). It looks like someone burned them with ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of tiny green spiders found in Sego lilies
July 14, 2015
Hi - I'm wondering if you can identify for me the name of the tiny green spiders that can be found inside Sego Lilies (Calochortus nuttallii). I have a photo if that would be helpful. Thanks!! Ca...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Keeping bugs out of a Texas home
June 29, 2015
I'm slowly growing my gardens into natural habitats for birds, bees, butterflies and other little critters but would like to keep them outside of my house. Being in central Texas it is difficult to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turk's Cap and Pavonia insect problems
June 27, 2015
My Turk's cap and Pavonia lasiopetala (rock rose) plants both have quite a few leaves that are skeletonized in appearance. I do not see any insects on the underside of the leaves. What could be cau...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will cochineal insects washed from cactus plants harm adjacent Oleander?
June 11, 2015
Will mealybugs (cochineal insects) power washed off prickly pear cactus harm adjacent oleander plants if the white fluff gets on the oleander? My neighbor asked me to power wash my prickly pears and t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Falling Balls from an Oak in Kingsland TX
May 25, 2015
I have a large Live Oak in the back yard, with St. Augustine grass under it. It is April 3, 2015. The leaves have fallen and now little tiny round balls are falling. I am hearing a popping noise und...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

ID of insects attacking a Mexican Plum in Austin, TX
May 11, 2015
I live in south austin and have a young 6' tall mexican plum. For the third year in a row it is getting eaten by small green 'leaf-rolling' worms. The destruction the past 2 years was so bad there ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 32 next >> 
312 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page