Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
303 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
ID of insects attacking a Mexican Plum in Austin, TX
May 11, 2015
I live in south austin and have a young 6' tall mexican plum. For the third year in a row it is getting eaten by small green 'leaf-rolling' worms. The destruction the past 2 years was so bad there ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Carolina buckthorn and Neem Oil Spray Damage
April 27, 2015
It's April, I have a Carolina buckthorn that seemed to be doing well, about 8 feet tall, about 2 years old in part shade. It was putting out new leaves about a month ago and seemed to have infestati...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Black Sap from Live Oak in Austin, Texas
April 20, 2015
We live in South Austin and our neighbor has several beautiful, enormous Live Oak trees whose canopies hang over into our yard. This past week, they've begun dripping some sort of black sap all over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chigger Control in Habiturf from Plano, TX
April 08, 2015
We converted our back yard in Plano, Texas to Habiturf last spring/summer and have a nice lawn; however, for the first time since we have lived in this house for 32 years, the lawn was full of chigger...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Evergreens for Pennsylvania Woods
March 12, 2015
We are looking for evergreens that will grow in a partially shaded/wooded area and are ideally deer resistant. Hemlocks are out because of a parasite infestation in our area of Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Insect damage to Meyer lemon in Texas
February 19, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I have a Meyer Lemon tree in Galveston. It produced a lot of lemons. However, something has bit up to quarter sized holes from the side edges of the leaf. Could you please...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Using Dormant Oils in the Winter
January 20, 2015
What are your thoughts on the use of dormant oils as part of a winter maintenance program? I live in Austin, Texas.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible leaf cutter ants in Elgin, TX
December 08, 2014
I've planted many beautiful native vines and flowering plants this fall. However, in the past week I've noticed something has been eating these plants, including coral honeysuckle vine, salvia, and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with leaf cutting bees in Houston, TX
December 08, 2014
I have four Arapaho crepe myrtle trees in my backyard and two have leaves, especially the young leaves, being eaten by something. I do not see ants of beetles on the leaves and have not seen any bees ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
303 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page