Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
308 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Keeping bugs out of a Texas home
June 29, 2015
I'm slowly growing my gardens into natural habitats for birds, bees, butterflies and other little critters but would like to keep them outside of my house. Being in central Texas it is difficult to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging Poison Ivy
June 27, 2015
Is there a fern that discourages poison ivy from growing?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Turk's Cap and Pavonia insect problems
June 27, 2015
My Turk's cap and Pavonia lasiopetala (rock rose) plants both have quite a few leaves that are skeletonized in appearance. I do not see any insects on the underside of the leaves. What could be cau...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will cochineal insects washed from cactus plants harm adjacent Oleander?
June 11, 2015
Will mealybugs (cochineal insects) power washed off prickly pear cactus harm adjacent oleander plants if the white fluff gets on the oleander? My neighbor asked me to power wash my prickly pears and t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Falling Balls from an Oak in Kingsland TX
May 25, 2015
I have a large Live Oak in the back yard, with St. Augustine grass under it. It is April 3, 2015. The leaves have fallen and now little tiny round balls are falling. I am hearing a popping noise und...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

ID of insects attacking a Mexican Plum in Austin, TX
May 11, 2015
I live in south austin and have a young 6' tall mexican plum. For the third year in a row it is getting eaten by small green 'leaf-rolling' worms. The destruction the past 2 years was so bad there ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Carolina buckthorn and Neem Oil Spray Damage
April 27, 2015
It's April, I have a Carolina buckthorn that seemed to be doing well, about 8 feet tall, about 2 years old in part shade. It was putting out new leaves about a month ago and seemed to have infestati...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Black Sap from Live Oak in Austin, Texas
April 20, 2015
We live in South Austin and our neighbor has several beautiful, enormous Live Oak trees whose canopies hang over into our yard. This past week, they've begun dripping some sort of black sap all over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chigger Control in Habiturf from Plano, TX
April 08, 2015
We converted our back yard in Plano, Texas to Habiturf last spring/summer and have a nice lawn; however, for the first time since we have lived in this house for 32 years, the lawn was full of chigger...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer Resistant Evergreens for Pennsylvania Woods
March 12, 2015
We are looking for evergreens that will grow in a partially shaded/wooded area and are ideally deer resistant. Hemlocks are out because of a parasite infestation in our area of Pennsylvania.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 31 next >> 
308 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page