Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 next >> 
278 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Tiny beetles eating a native plant in Austin, TX.
April 15, 2014
Help! Found plant devoured in my wildflower garden! Covered with literally thousand of small black bronze beetles. They are on other plants but the other plants (native poppies, coneflower, coreops...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mosquito problem from Mesa AZ
April 07, 2014
We have a mosquito problem in our backyard, I think they're grass Mosquitos. I wanted to get lemongrass for a deterrent but both nurseries were out so I opted for rosemary. They're ALL OVER the rose...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tiny red bugs on Mountain Laurel from San Antonio TX
April 02, 2014
Hordes of solid bright red tiny bugs are all over the bark of my Mountain Laurels. The infestation has me very worried. How can I deal with them? Thank you in advance for helping solve this problem.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sap dripping from redbud in Bertram, TX
March 03, 2014
Our multi-trunked Texas redbud has sap dripping down 3 of the trunks. It seems to originate from a very small crack in each trunk. The tree is just starting to show pink this week, and is about to blo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with Prosopis glandulosa (Honey mesquite)
February 27, 2014
One of our mature Honey Mesquite trees is losing thumb sized branches high up in the canopy because something is stripping the bark. The branches are completely white for 8-12 inches. Of course the ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Galls on live oak tree in Austin
December 12, 2013
I live in Austin, and have a 13 year old live oak in my yard. It has developed little spheres, kind of like green peas, on the underside of the leaves. What is it? Is it harmful? Is there somethin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of small objects that look like tiny pecans
November 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I am doing my science fair project on acorns. Last year I measured how many acorns and other nature-y stuff fell into a baby pool from a live oak tree in my backyard every ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Something damages leaves on Tecoma stans from Austin
November 08, 2013
Help! Something is chomping my Esperanzas. I thought it was deer but they don't seem to be eating other yellow bells in my neighborhood. I think it's an insect. Something is completely stripping the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Do white-tailed deer consume King Ranch bluestem?
October 25, 2013
Will white-tail deer in central Texas consume King Ranch bluestem ?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flying insects eating leaves of non-native Brugmansia in Aline CA
October 17, 2013
I have an Angel Trumpet tree. We live in Aline, California 30 miles east of San Diego. Little yellow and black flying bugs eat the leaves. Do you have a remedy for this problem.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 28 next >> 
278 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page