Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
291 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Rabbit-proof Plants for Texas
July 03, 2014
Do you have a list of flowers that rabbits will eat or will not eat so I know what to plant or avoid? I have a year-round rabbit population in my neighborhood and wish to co-exist with them without t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problem with mesquite tree limbs
June 13, 2014
i keep finding some smaller branches of my mesquite tree in the turf area around the tree. when looking at the cut ends, they appear to have a smooth cut around the circumference of the limb about 1/...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Herbicide on Habiturf from Austin
May 31, 2014
Can you recommend an herbicide that is safe to use on a Habiturf lawn? I followed the directions to put in a new Habiturf lawn about a month ago. The grass seedlings are doing well in places, but ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Infestation of shiny red and blue/black beetles
May 27, 2014
I have an infestation of 1 cm long shiny red and blue/black beetles. They have red heads with black eyes and antenna, 2 (?) red spots on their sides, and a bluish black body. Before I kill them with ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Small tan balls on oak from Pipe Creek TX
May 21, 2014
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, our spanish oak is growing tan colored lumpy balls about the size and weight of a marshmallow..sometimes just one at the end of a short stem and sometimes 2-3 clumped together....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will Canada geese eat Asclepias tuberosa from Cape May Court, NJ
May 20, 2014
Will Canada geese eat my butterfly milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa)? I know this plant is deer resistant. I really want to plant some on sandy bank near pond in my back yard, but I fear the geese will ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to Control Pests on Plants for Sale
May 15, 2014
I am renting a closed spot at a flea market, and am having trouble with several infestations at once, and I am not sure how to control them. I am currently having trouble with aphids, whiteflies, and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Webs on limbs of evergreen sumac from Austin
May 13, 2014
We have a mature Evergreen Sumac (Rhus virens) that has spider webs on the end of some limbs. The end of the those limbs have died although new growth is coming on further up the limb. We live in th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How are NPIN Deer Resistance Ratings Determined?
May 06, 2014
If your plant data-base (which is the best thing since sliced bread!) is silent on the degree to which a plant is deer-resistant, does this mean you just don't have enough information to make the cal...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Clicking heard under an Oak in near Bandera, TX
May 06, 2014
Hi, I live on a ranch in TX outside of Bandera. We're covered with live oaks, spanish oak and cedar. Last week,as I stood under an oak, I heard a constant fairly loud clicking sound under and around ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 30 next >> 
291 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page