En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 184 next >> 
1,837 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for non-native Chinese Pistache tree
April 23, 2015
Where in the Austin area would be a good place to find a nice sized Chinese Pistache to plant in my yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ground Arizona ash wood suitable for mulch?
April 23, 2015
We cut down a 40 year old Arizona ash tree and had the stump ground into mulch. Can we use this mulch in our vegetable garden and flower beds
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a children's playground
April 20, 2015
We have extensive native gardens on our 2 acre property, but my children want a garden of their own with plants they can hide under and that are good for imaginative play. Are there any native plants...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Black Sap from Live Oak in Austin, Texas
April 20, 2015
We live in South Austin and our neighbor has several beautiful, enormous Live Oak trees whose canopies hang over into our yard. This past week, they've begun dripping some sort of black sap all over ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Removal of Ashe juniper trees
April 19, 2015
I have 15 acres with scattered huge oak and elm trees with tens of thousands of Ashe Juniper (cedar) trees 2” to 10” in diameter growing within the drip zone of the hardwoods. How do I take out the c...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen Trees for Low Maintenance Screen
April 18, 2015
We live in Pacifica, CA and are looking to plant a row of low maintenance trees in our back yard along our fence, that grow to be a maximum of 15' high, that stay green year round. What do you recomm...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Southern Magnolia Damaged by Deer
April 16, 2015
I have a young Southern Magnolia (about 6 feet tall) that was damaged by deer on the main trunk. The bottom 2 feet looks okay, but where they damaged it and tore branches off, and above that, the leav...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Perennials for Bees and Butterflies in VA
April 15, 2015
What native perennial plants and trees can we plant to help honey bees and butterfly larvae in Harrisonburg, VA?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants to replace Red Tipped Photinias in Bonham, TX
April 11, 2015
I have 7 red tipped photinias that had all their leaves eaten last summer by an infestation of grasshoppers. I do mean all. They are or were about 10 years old. Can you tell me if they will grow back ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Live Oak Mess in Liberty, TX
April 09, 2015
Should I leave the pollination debris that has fallen from my 3 historic live oaks on the ground surface beneath them or use a leaf blower to remove.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 184 next >>