Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 194 next >> 
1,931 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Fertilizing Newly Planted Trees
February 07, 2016
Back in November, I planted 20 trees on rocky, caliche slopes around my house outside of Utopia, Texas. The trees were 45 gallon Monterrey Oaks and Texas Redbuds. I have also installed a drip irriga...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replanting a Desert Willow
February 07, 2016
My desert willow was damaged badly in a winter storm and had to be taken down. Do I need to remove the old root system below grade when I plant a new desert willow?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Repairing Damage to Oak Tree Bark
February 02, 2016
I have destructive horses who have torn a lot of the bark off of my oak trees. I've moved the horses from that area, but is there something I can put on the places where the bark is missing so the tr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What are the cone shaped evergreens around Pilot Point, TX?
January 26, 2016
What are the cone shaped evergreens around Pilot Point, Texas called? They are dark green with spiky leaves and rough bark. I have a row planted as a windscreen and want to transplant a couple from a ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How Close to Tree Trunks Should Bricks be Placed?
January 26, 2016
Do you have guidelines as to how close bricks can be placed to trees, particularly cypress, cedars and live oaks? Contractors habitually plant up to the trunk and I've had trees die from their roots...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Tannins in Persimmons the same in Fruit and Leaf?
January 23, 2016
I was wanting to know if tannins in persimmons have the same properties in both the fruit and leaves.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Bignoniaceae Family Members Fix Nitrogen?
January 23, 2016
Do plants in the Bignoniaceae family, such as Tecoma stans and Chilopsis linearis, fix nitrogen into the soil? I ask because they have a bean-type pod. Just curious.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Reducing the Height of a Redbud Tree
January 23, 2016
We have a very large, about 15-year old, Redbud tree that is growing so tall it's obstructing our view of the river. How and when can we prune this tree back so it does not hurt the tree.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wanting to grow a Buckley Oak in Amarillo, TX
January 20, 2016
I live in Amarillo Texas in the Texas Panhandle. I recently became interested in the Buckley Oak and was wondering if it might grow well here and if so, where I might find one that I could purchase a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will blue eyed grass grow under black walnut trees?
January 18, 2016
Will blue eyed grass grow under black walnut trees? I know the Siberian Iris is tolerant but the scientific names are not the same yet everything I read indicates that blue eyed grass is not in the g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 194 next >>