Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 180 next >> 
1,795 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is it safe to burn Cedar in a fireplace?
December 04, 2014
Is it safe to burn Cedar in our fireplace? I'm trying to thin out the population of Ashe Junipers on my property in Spicewood Tx. to give the young Live Oaks a chance to compete for sunlight and w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring disturbed land in Marshall, TX.
December 04, 2014
I have a 30 acre tract of land in Marshall, Texas. The oil company has turned 2-3 acres surrounding the rig into gravel. I would like to return the gravel area to green space. Any suggestions on gras...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Acacia farnesiana (Huisache) have agressive roots?
November 30, 2014
Hello, Do you know if the Huisache tree has an aggressive root system? I have a few in proximity to my septic draining field and I need to know if I should cut them down to prevent clogging of t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need a Replacement for Chinese Tallow tree in Austin, TX
November 26, 2014
I live in Austin and have a large Chinese Tallow in my front yard. I would like to cut the tree down, but it provides shade to my home. I was hoping to start growing a native fruit/nut tree near the C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Seven foot privacy fence in Tucson
November 25, 2014
I am looking for a privacy hedge for a home in Tucson, Arizona that will be in full sun. Needs to be at least seven foot tall and low water and maintenance. Any suggestions.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Oak Wilt in Georgetown, TX
November 17, 2014
We have lost several live oaks to oak wilt. Another couple are dying but still have some green leaves. Is it OK to cut down these trees now or should we wait until they are entirely dead? I've heard ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low Water Use Plants for a Pond Island
November 06, 2014
We have a medium sized pond/tank with a small island covered in black willows. The pond loses a lot of water and we were told it was partially due to the willows. We want to remove them and replace ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Small Tree for Texas Garden
November 06, 2014
I would like to plant a small tree just 3-4 feet from my house, but I don't want to damage the foundation. Is there a small fruit or nut tree I could plant that would fit the bill? Failing that, is t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Texas Redbud Suddenly Died in NM
November 06, 2014
We had a Texas redbud, approximately 5 1/2 years old. It had been doing great then all of a sudden after it bloomed this spring, the leaves appeared but then shriveled right away. We noticed the trunk...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 180 next >>