Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 183 next >> 
1,825 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Need plants to provide a privacy screen in Cedar Creek, TX
March 31, 2015
We need to screen out neighbor's house. What can we plant (fast growing tree or hedge) in partial shade? Area is dry in summer, but does get soggy during heavy rain. We live east of Austin in Cedar C...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Screen Tree for Lockhart, TX.
March 30, 2015
What is a good screening tree for a ranch in the Lockhart area that won't get much water.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Source for Hickory in Texas
March 25, 2015
I'm looking for a nursery in Texas that sells hickory trees. I've used your supplier links and gone through many, many websites of suppliers. However, the only nut tree anyone sells is pecan. I'...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Groundcovers for Shade Under a Sweetgum
March 25, 2015
I have 3 large sweetgum trees that produce so much shade each summer, and grass, even grass meant for shade, won't grow here. It's become a barren desert! I have English ivy but it only seems to gro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of mystery tree in Huntington Beach, CA
March 25, 2015
Have a "tree" that has grown from about 18" tall to about 10' tall in a little over a years time. It has a central trunk that is about 3/4" in diameter at it's largest. It has short thin branch...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Trees with white blossoms in Crockett, Texas
March 21, 2015
What are the trees that are blooming just East of Crockett Texas (off of Hwy 21) right now - fairly large trees - multitude of white blooms - almost like a wild plum or pear, but tree seems too large?...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Inquiry about the Arizona Cypress trees in the Family Garden
March 20, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I recently visited The Wildflower Center and enjoyed seeing several features that were new since my last visit two years ago. In the Family Garden areas I saw several beautifu...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pinus taeda (Loblolly pines) for a property in Van Zandt County, Texas
March 17, 2015
I want to initiate a stand of loblolly pine trees on our property in Van Zandt County in NE Texas. Assuming the ph factor is within range, how do I obtain seedings for this endeavor? Any other advic...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of wild plum in Childress County, Texas
March 16, 2015
I have a Wild Plum follow up question. My wife grew up around the Childress TX area. She remembers going around the creeks and gathering Wild Plums for her mother as a child. Would you have any ide...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why did the blossoms on my mountain laurels dry up before they flowered?
March 15, 2015
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 183 next >>