Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 181 next >> 
1,810 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Need suggestions for planting trees in poor soils in Austin, TX
February 27, 2015
Due to the clay soils and poor drainage in East Austin, what ornamental trees do you normally suggest?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

February 24, 2015
I have an Ehretia anacua in the way of possible development of a new building and I have a few questions.\r\nWhat is the typical life span of that tree and are the roots sensitive to compaction and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Insect damage to Meyer lemon in Texas
February 19, 2015
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, I have a Meyer Lemon tree in Galveston. It produced a lot of lemons. However, something has bit up to quarter sized holes from the side edges of the leaf. Could you please...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need fast growing deciduous trees for Austin, TX
February 14, 2015
We'd like to plant several fast growing deciduous trees in a full sun yard with a hard alkaline soil in the western edge of Travis Heights in South Austin. I've noted several locations in our neighb...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Time to Plant Trees and Shrubs in the Dallas Area
February 13, 2015
Is it OK to plant evergreen shrubs-trees in January or February in the Dallas, Texas area?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for Sideroxylon celastrinum (Coma saffron plum) seeds or seedlings
February 12, 2015
Hi. I'm trying to find a good commercial source for la coma (Brumelia celastrina) seedlings/seeds. Can you help? Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Landscape Fabric for Oak Suckers in Austin
February 11, 2015
Can landscape fabric (covered w/decorative bark mulch) be safely used to control Escarpment oak sprouts? 70-year-old knees are tired of getting down to remove. Oaks are in Circle C area of Austin
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Magnolia virginiana (Sweetbay) a major nectar source for honeybees?
January 31, 2015
Is the Sweetbay Magnolia a major nectar source for honeybees?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Franklinia alatamaha (Franklin tree) a major honeybee nectar source?
January 31, 2015
Is the Franklinia tree a major nectar source for honeybees?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sap oozing from trunks of Cherry Laurels in Austin, TX
January 24, 2015
I have several mature compact cherry laurels whose leaves are beginning to turn yellow. They are in raised beds, have been properly fertilized, have compost spread around them, and are properly water...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 181 next >>