Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 181 next >> 
1,801 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Sap oozing from trunks of Cherry Laurels in Austin, TX
January 24, 2015
I have several mature compact cherry laurels whose leaves are beginning to turn yellow. They are in raised beds, have been properly fertilized, have compost spread around them, and are properly water...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Redwood as a Screening Tree for Santa Cruz Garden?
January 20, 2015
I have a small yard in Santa Cruz, CA and we have to hide/distract from a power line. My husband is demanding a redwood. Is this sane? The space it will have to grow in is about 20x20. What species of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

large tree suited for limestone site in Austin, TX
January 15, 2015
I have a dying Chinaberry tree [35 ' tall; WNW corner of lot; at least 25 years old] that I am having removed. What native / adapted tree would you recommend to fill that void. I do understand that...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer-resistant trees for privacy in Texas
January 09, 2015
I need to find a deer resistant tall shrub or tree to plant and hide the deer fence my neighbor just put up on our property line. My property has full sun in parts and mostly shady in other parts and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need plants for privacy screen and noise reduction in Dallas.
January 07, 2015
Our backyard is on the north side of our house and is adjacent to the south side of LBJ Freeway (I-635) in Dallas. TXDOT only constructed an 8' concrete wall along our portion of its expanded right-o...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen tree for privacy screen in Granbury Texas
December 21, 2014
We need to put an evergreen privacy screen between our barn and our neighbor's new 132' long, unattractive building, which runs along & is just 40' away from our fence line & where they have decid...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a moist, wooded area in North Carolina
December 06, 2014
I am looking to plant some native flowers in a wooded area in Surry County NC. The chosen location is fully shaded beside a creek. The water table typically sets about 2 feet below the surface of th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is it safe to burn Cedar in a fireplace?
December 04, 2014
Is it safe to burn Cedar in our fireplace? I'm trying to thin out the population of Ashe Junipers on my property in Spicewood Tx. to give the young Live Oaks a chance to compete for sunlight and w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring disturbed land in Marshall, TX.
December 04, 2014
I have a 30 acre tract of land in Marshall, Texas. The oil company has turned 2-3 acres surrounding the rig into gravel. I would like to return the gravel area to green space. Any suggestions on gras...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Acacia farnesiana (Huisache) have agressive roots?
November 30, 2014
Hello, Do you know if the Huisache tree has an aggressive root system? I have a few in proximity to my septic draining field and I need to know if I should cut them down to prevent clogging of t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 181 next >>