Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 187 next >> 
1,861 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Looking for plants for phytoremediation in Columbus, TX
May 27, 2015
Hello! I am looking for native Texan phytodegrading/rhizodegrading plants (basically I want phytoremediating plants that could be left in place and not have to be removed/disposed of after they had ta...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Falling Balls from an Oak in Kingsland TX
May 25, 2015
I have a large Live Oak in the back yard, with St. Augustine grass under it. It is April 3, 2015. The leaves have fallen and now little tiny round balls are falling. I am hearing a popping noise und...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Male and female Ilex decidua ( Possumhaw) trees
May 18, 2015
I was excited to finally find and purchase a male and female possum haw pair via Amazon. (Berry Poppins variety). They were marked male-female and are thriving. But the male has little flowers and the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ostrya virginiana Compatible with Juglone
May 17, 2015
Is Ostrya virginiana sensitive to juglone?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of white flowering bush with lovely scent
May 17, 2015
Please identify the sweet smelling white flowering bush/tree blooming now,May, in western Massachusetts. The flowers are tiny 4(?) petals in small clusters. The scent is wonderful.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Willow Tree Early Leaf Fall
May 14, 2015
I have a weeping willow tree and it put out great leaves this Spring and looked great, but now here in the middle of May all the leaves are turning yellow and falling off like it does in the fall. So ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dogwoods Late in Blooming
May 14, 2015
We are seeing no evidence of flowers on two dogwoods this year. One usually is in bloom now, the other later on in the spring.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Life span of pin cherry (Prunus pensylvanica
May 12, 2015
Do you have any data on the lifespan of pin cherry (Prunus pensylvanica) under urban conditions where is Not subject to seral succession (trees won't be permitted to overtake it)? On the other hand ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chickasaw Plum suckering potential in Washington DC area
May 11, 2015
I have planted some chickasaw plums around the border of my property. My property is surrounded by a wooded area, which then opens into a golfcourse. Is there a chance that my chickasaw plums would...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Watering newly-planted Afghan Pines
May 11, 2015
I just planted some Afghan pines in Amarillo, tx (avg. rainfall about 2O in. Per year) What would be the appropriate amount of water and how often would I need to water during this time.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 187 next >>