Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 188 next >> 
1,879 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Protecting storm-damaged pecan and black walnut trees in TX
June 29, 2015
Several trees on our property in northeast Texas were uprooted by a tornado. A pecan tree with a circumference greater than 93 inches was carried to the ground. Although it is completely horizontal,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dog-safe Privacy Screen for Ocala, FL
June 25, 2015
Am desperately searching for fast growing privacy that would be non toxic to dogs in Ocala, Florida (zone 9 I think). Wanted Leland cypress but due to toxicity it won't work.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why are large numbers of leaves falling from my Live Oak trees in Driftwood, TX?
June 24, 2015
Today is June 6, 2015 and I have noticed that for the last week and a half, only a few live oaks out of many, have been losing large numbers of green leaves and turning brown on the ground. I cannot ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can Crataegus viridian be grown in Houston, TX?
June 21, 2015
I am looking to plant Crataegus viridis (species or cultivar "Winter King") at a location in full sun in Houston. Many places I've found online say that it is hearty through Zone 9, but others have...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native flowering aromatic trees for Frisco, Texas
June 21, 2015
Dear Smartplants, I live in Frisco, Texas. Could you please suggest me good native flowering aromatic trees from 12 to 50 feet. Thank you so much
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Poolside plants for East Texas
June 18, 2015
What are the best plants, shrubs, ornamental trees, etc. for poolside planting in East Texas?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning non-native peach in Austin, TX.
June 18, 2015
I planted two five gallon Texas Star peach trees last February but didn't have the nerve to prune them back to knee height. After having been convinced that this is a good thing to do, I'd like to k...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Spacing of Trees near a House Foundation
June 18, 2015
Can you recommend non-invasive shade tree that can be planted 6 to 7 feet from foundation. We are buying a new home in zone 8a and choices that are given are: Live Oak, Lacebark Elm, Cedar Elm, and B...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need fast growing shade tree in San Diego County, CA
June 17, 2015
I am looking for a fast growing tree that provides great shade. The reason being, is I need shade for three horseshoe pits and the sooner i get shade, the better. I live in San Diego county, zone 9b. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Red oak leaves have a swelling along the veins
June 17, 2015
I have red oaks in my back yard, approx 30 or more have a disease that are wilting the leaves. Looking at the back of the leaf there is swelling along the spines. I've gone to one nursery in town ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 188 next >>