Most recently answered

Aggressive Plants in Pleasant Valley NY
September 01, 2014
Are there any native plants that can out compete Japanese knotweed?

Is Tagetes lemmonii (Copper Canyon Daisy) native to the Southwest?
September 01, 2014
Due to the continued drought I have resolved to only use native plants in my garden. Copper canyon daisy is be recommended more often at nurseries. The NPSOT lists it a native of Arizona, yet I cann...

Problem with Chinese Pistache tree
September 01, 2014
We have a gorgeous Chinese Pistache in our yard, about 25 feet tall. We bought it for its gorgeous fall color. The problem is that it has never turned color for us. All the other pistaches in the neig...

Plants beneficial to honey bees in Indiana
August 30, 2014
I am searching for a list of shrubs, vines, low growing plants that would benefit, specifically honeybees in southeast Indiana. My Soil & Water Conservation District would like to offer these plants f...

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Smarty Plants's Facebook profile Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants