Most recently answered

Wildflowers for April wedding near Austin TX
August 31, 2015
Home wedding April 2016. Live North of Austin.on 200 acres ranch and would like to plant wildflowers. What to plant? When to plant? Flowers that will sustain in vase or bouquet?

Wildflowers for an Indiana septic drain field
August 29, 2015
We just had to have a septic system replaced due to our state highway consuming some of our front yard along with our original septic. Since this has happened, our lateral lines now lie in our back ya...

Dieback of river fern and maidenhair fern in the Texas summer
August 28, 2015
My river fern and maiden hair fern are dying back. I know it is hot, but they are in shade and watered regularly. The river fern is dying back from the tips. Any fungus or bugs I should be looking ...

Need suggestions for plants for bioswales in Philadelphia, PA
August 24, 2015
Hello, Are there a handful of species you would recommend for inclusion in bioswales throughout the US? I realize plants need to be selected based on climate, but I'm wondering if there are two or...

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants