Most recently answered

Vine for shady planter from Cedar Park TX
April 19, 2014
We bought a home in Central Texas and inherited several raised-bed planters. One of the planters is set up to grow a vine, but it's in a part of the yard that is mostly in the shade of a tree. Is t...

Plant ID from Cocoa FL
April 18, 2014
I am trying to identify a plant that looks like a rose bush. It has rose-like thorns. The leaves are green, slender, acute at the tip, slightly unequal at the base and the leaf stem grows closer to ...

Ivy a suitable ground cover in Live Oaks from Gulfport MS
April 17, 2014
Will Ivy be a safe and suitable ground cover for old growth Live Oak trees in coastal Mississippi?

Vine to cover fence from Haverhill MA
April 17, 2014
Hello, I'm looking for a fast growing vine to cover a chain link fence. The area is sunny half of the day. I have 2 small children so I don't want something that attracts bees or could be dangerous ...

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Smarty Plants's Facebook profile Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants