Most recently answered

What shade trees have non-invasive root systems?
March 03, 2015
What shade trees have a non-invasive root system? I am in zone 7a. Thank you, Mr. Smarty Plants!

Repairing the split trunk of a TX mountain laurel
February 28, 2015
I have a fairly large mountain laurel that I just realized has a split down the trunk. Is there anything I can do to save it?

Deterring geese from a wildflower garden
February 28, 2015
I've moved into a home with a large pond beyond the grass yard. I intend to plant a sunflower house with lots of other plants as part of the structure, such as flowering vines, clover, mint and thyme...

Need plants for a garden pathway in Austin, TX.
February 28, 2015
Hello! I am looking for a low-growing native plant or plants that I can use instead of grass; I have a section of the garden that gets full to part sun that will have a pathway of stones. I'd like ...

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Smarty Plants's Facebook profile Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants