En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 94 next >> 
9,364 Results:   10  25  50 100 per page

topicquestion
Promoting growth on non-native dipladinias (mandevillia) from Point Pleasant NJ
May 26, 2011
My Dipladinias were almost dead when I bought them last year, but after a little TLC, they blossomed like CRAZY in pots outside. They stopped blooming in November (I brought them into the house in Se...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants causing skin irritation in West Bend WI
May 26, 2011
Is there a list of plants that cause blistering in this area? I have a friend who gets it bad every year-I find no evidence of cow parsnip or poison ivy---thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacement for non-native St. Augustine in San Antonio
May 26, 2011
I have a large oak tree on one side of my front yard. St. Augustine grass does not grow there because of the shade. What do you recommend as a replacement for the St. Augustine? I would like to send...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will the native turf grass be a habitat for chiggers?
May 25, 2011
"Researchers create perfect Texas lawn"—Article. No mention was made of insect issues with this new type of lawn installation. Will 'chiggers/red bugs' still be an issue?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sun requirement for native turf grasses
May 25, 2011
What are the sun requirements needed for the native grass seed mix you recently released? I have a pretty well shaded back yard. Will this stuff grow well in this condition?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native turf grasses for shady lawn
May 25, 2011
I am interested in planting a native lawn using the grasses discussed on the website (2lb of buffalograss, 1½ lb of bluegrama and at least 4 oz of curly mesquite). My front yard is relatively small w...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Water loving companions for a vegetable bed in Greenlawn New York
May 25, 2011
I have a plot in a community garden that has poor drainage in one corner. I've installed raised beds, and that has helped immensely, but I'd like to plant some native plants in the wet corner that c...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with spreading juniper in Sturgis, SD
May 25, 2011
I live in Sturgis, South Dakota and I have two different varieties of Spreading Juniper in the yard as ground cover. They have developed an orange colored fungus that goes dormant in the winter but a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Mexican plum require more than one plant for successful pollination?
May 25, 2011
Re: Mexican plums.. Do I need to plant more than 1 to ensure proper pollination? I have always been told that commercial plums need at least 2 to pollinate properly for consistent plum production. A...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Invasive Cissus trifoliata in Dallas
May 25, 2011
I have finally identified an invasive, stinky vine in my urban landscape as Cissus trifoliata. It was waxy leaves, small greenish flowers, and small black berries. It appears to spread with undergrou...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are banana plants poisonous to dogs in Metarie, LA?
May 25, 2011
Can a dog die from eating a banana plant that I have growing in my yard?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ants in vegetable garden in Muskogee OK
May 25, 2011
I have ants in my vegetable garden this spring - I think because of all the rain. I think they are the culprits that ruined my spinach and swiss chard. They have left all the lettuces alone..but you...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of thorny shrub with blue berries
May 24, 2011
Thorny shrub with blue berries. In our acid sandy loam we have many thorn bushes. This one has small leaves like a wild pomegranate, long thorns. berries of the size and color of blueberries and is ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native plants for Summer Planting in Vernal UT
May 24, 2011
What are the native plants that I could plant this summer in Vernal, Utah
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

is the rainbow Eucalyptus poisonous to horses in FL?
May 24, 2011
Is the Rainbow Eucalyptus Tree poisonous to horses?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of small tree in McKinney TX with puffy red/pink bloom
May 23, 2011
Looking for info on McKinney area sm/med size tree found at water's edge that has a puffy rd pink bloom. Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants that will do well in a water retention basin in White Stone Virginia
May 23, 2011
I am looking for plants to grow under pine trees in a water retention basin. The pine trees line the basin. When it rains it will hold water for about two to three days before evaporating. I have p...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native mango in pool area in Stuart FL
May 23, 2011
We are landscaping a backyard and want to put in a pool. He wants to keep the huge mango tree that overhangs part of the pool area, I don't really care but would like to know what other fast growing...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Long-legged bugs eating roses in Richmond VA
May 22, 2011
There are bugs eating my roses. What can I do? They look like long bugs with a lot of legs.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yellowing leaves on non-native podocarpus Cupertino CA
May 22, 2011
I recently planted a podacarpus granular and over half the leaves are turning yellow some are dead. What could be the problem? Is there something I can feed it? What should I do? I planted four & the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Skunk cabbage to repel rabbits in Wichita KS
May 22, 2011
I would like to find a skunk cabbage plant or oil of skunk cabbage to drive away rabbits from my garden.. It does work for several yrs ago I purchased a plant from a garden shop but can not find it no...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yellowing foliage on a lemon cypress from St. Charles MO
May 22, 2011
I recently received a lemon cypress tree as a gift. After about a month we transplanted it outside and the foliage turned from a light green to a yellow color. Is this normal? The tree doesn't app...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Water absorbing plant from Surbiton, England
May 21, 2011
Ground soggy with rain, is there a plant that will absorb water?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native invasives question from Arlington MA
May 20, 2011
When I searched your website for creepers in Massachusetts, I found the following recommendations: Campsis radicans and Parthenocissus quinquefolia. But in response to a reader's question, you called...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Food for a veiled chameleon in Columbus GA
May 20, 2011
Hi I own a Veiled Chameleon, and have been recently searching for different options as to live plant use for their cage. It has pretty much come down to using hibiscus plants and only hibicus plants. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with Juniperus scopulorum in Dallas
May 19, 2011
Dallas, Texas - Juniperus Scopolorum "Skyrocket" Last June I planted six, five foot tall along my chain length fence by the alley. Full sun. One died within 6 months. The soil seems to stay damp...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Year-round flowering in Laredo TX
May 18, 2011
I'm trying to plant a variety of native plants in my mom's garden in Laredo, TX. The thing that I find a challenge is that she wants year round flowers. Can you suggest a few native flowering plan...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How many native trees in U.S. from Clarkson MI
May 18, 2011
Does anybody have any numbers on how many native trees there are in the entire United States?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Huisache tree is not thriving in Kerr County, TX.
May 18, 2011
Our landscaper planted a Huisache tree in our back yard (Kerr County). It was planted about 3 years ago. It has grown considerably (about 15 feet tall)but it has never flowered and is always late in...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning technique for Anacacho Orchid from Austin
May 18, 2011
I have an Anacacho Orchid tree that is about 8 ft tall and still young. It is doing quite well. I have never pruned it, but lately I have been considering it as some of the top branches are starting t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native invasive Chocolate Mimosa in Gulfport MS
May 18, 2011
Another Mimosa Question: I have a newly planted chocolate mimosa; it has a single, 7 ft spindly trunk with approximately a 3 ft canopy. I'm afraid that its girth will not withstand much in terms of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with non-native African violets from Mason OH
May 18, 2011
I have had 3 african violets for at least 4 weeks. I continue to water them and have moved their location. They continue to have wilted leaves. Are they done for or is there something I can do to g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native and/or hybridized shrubs in Pittsburg PA
May 17, 2011
I planted 2 boulevard cypress pom pom trees last year in my front yard in the clay conditioned soil. We dug the tree holds according to the planting instruction and filled some sand in the bottom for ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Invasive native wild onions in East Granby CT
May 17, 2011
I have wild onions which have become extremely invasive. I have no idea how to get rid of them, and this year they seem to have taken over my entire flower bed. I tried pulling the bulbs out for sever...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growing bluebonnets from seed in Maitland FL
May 17, 2011
Can I grow bluebonnets from seed in Maitland? The soil is quite sandy, and I do have sunny, dry places to grow them. Are there any special requirements necessary away from their native habitat?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Can non-native Jacaranda be grown in San Antonio
May 17, 2011
Can I grow a jacaranda tree in San Antonio? Wonder if it can handle heat, occasional freezes, & dry seasons.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for red clay in Hattiesburg, MS
May 16, 2011
Looking for plants and flowers to plant in red clay?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What to plant between patio flagstones in Austin, TX?
May 16, 2011
I would like to plant something between my flagstones on the patio. Something that doesn't require a lot of water, low growing, and can stand a little to moderate traffic. It is in a shade to partly...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Thalia dealbata toxic to dogs?
May 16, 2011
A pond in a park frequented by dogs contains Thalia dealbata and I have seen numerous dogs eating the roots with relish, which we discourage, of course. They seem to really enjoy it though. Aft...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Visual difference between Yarrow and Queen Anne's lace in Austin, TX?
May 16, 2011
What is different, visually, between yarrow and Queen Anne's lace?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification for Beeville, TX
May 15, 2011
Hi, Mr. Smarty Plants, I just saw this question on your web site: "Today in Beeville, TX I came across a plant that looks like a grass, but has a small black and white dotted flower. The flower lo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Keeping Bermuda out of Native Turfgrass
May 15, 2011
We live on zip code 78154. Sadly our yard has bermuda grass–we are using solarization to kill the bermuda and plant seeds of buffalograss/bluegrama/curly-mesquite. All the neighbors have bermuda and ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification for Beeville, TX
May 14, 2011
Today in Beeville, TX I came across a plant that looks like a grass, but has a small black and white dotted flower. The flower looks like an orchid. Could you identify this or give me direction as t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Eugenia Substitutes for Southern California
May 14, 2011
Is there a eugenia bush (preferable one that can grow tall) without berries. We like this plant but the berries create a problem. We live in Los Angeles, CA. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for Texas endangered trees to plant
May 14, 2011
I have 2 acres of good soil that does not have any trees. I would love to give life to native Texas endangered trees but I can not purchase them anywhere. Do you have any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shaded Trellis Plants for Georgetown TX
May 14, 2011
What native plants work well on a trellis that will be placed in an area that remains shaded most of the day?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deceptively deciduous, Cedar sage in Austin Texas.
May 13, 2011
Is Cedar sage deciduous or evergreen? Your database doesn't say. Thanks, and I always enjoy my visit to the Wildflower Center.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for shaded area under pecan trees
May 11, 2011
The east side of our Houston home has a 15 foot strip overhung with pecan trees. The shade by the start of summer is so dense that grass dies pretty quickly. I'd like to keep enough grass for the k...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Comparison of native turf with St. Augustine and Kentucky bluegrass
May 11, 2011
The native turf page mentions outperforming Bermuda grass, St. Augustine, and Kentucky blue, but the graphs only compare the natives to Bermudagrass. How do the native mixes stand up to St. Augustine...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Replacing Nandina with natives for a schoolyard in Washington DC
May 11, 2011
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants, Our schoolyard now has some invasive plants in the landscaping that we would like to replace with native plants. We have four clumps of Nandina planted at each pillar along a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need to identify white powdery substance on Wisteria in Georgetown, TX.
May 11, 2011
My wisteria shrub has a white powdery substance over the wood base. I have tried spraying a fungicide on it but have seen no improvement. Any suggestions?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are non-native Cleveland pear trees poisonous to dogs in Rushsylvania, OH
May 11, 2011
Are Cleveland pear trees poisonous to dogs?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Something eating Arizona ash in Gilbert AZ
May 11, 2011
Something is eating my Arizona ash tree. what should I spray on it?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting rid of non-native lesser celandine in Oswego NY
May 11, 2011
Help! We have lesser celandine on approx. an acre of our property right on Lake Ontario, it's in my gardens and in our yard, and in the woods, I have dug it out of my gardens, but I'm not able to g...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Obtaining Agave parryi in Cherryville NC
May 11, 2011
I live in western North Carolina and I had a friend that had a Agave parryi that bloomed about 1 year ago and of course it died. Since i saw the beautiful agave I have wanted one, but no one in my are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Low water use tree to shade pond in Burnet TX
May 10, 2011
I'm in need of some shade at a 1/2 acre pond, but I don't want a tree to consume so much water that it will lower the water level. During droughts the little pond needs all the water it can get. Som...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with gaura in Kyle TX
May 10, 2011
Gaura - I seem to have something going on with this plant. I've tried fungicide that also works on mealy bugs and spider mites, etc., but they're looking rather puny? Any suggestions? thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Trees for small spaces from San Jose CA
May 09, 2011
What tree can you plant in a corner of a yard 3ft from a fence? What is the best shade tree for a small yard with a pool?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mystery small tree with many large thorns
May 09, 2011
In a small spot on over 2 acres, we have this strange tree/shrub. It is a single, straight stem with no branches, and has profuse, large thorns from top to bottom. At the top of the stem, the leaves...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Protecting base of Texas Madrone tree in Austin
May 08, 2011
3 years ago, I successfully transplanted a 1-gallon Texas Madrone on the north side of an Ashe Juniper. The Madrone is thriving but the juniper, which has been a great "nurse", is dying. I am lookin...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of small plant with lavendar flower
May 07, 2011
I have something growing in my yard and pasture that for some odd reason is growing all over the place. I never noticed it being this abundant before. I'm not sure if it's listed as a wild flower or...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grasses to stabilize creek bed in Bastrop County, Texas
May 06, 2011
Hello, we have property in Bastrop county, the soil is sandy loam with clay underneath. We need to stabilize a creek bed, can you suggest any particular grasses (seed) for this? Know it's not the be...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Broad leaved evergreens for DC
May 06, 2011
We are looking for a flowering evergreen shrub, native to the mid-Atlantic, that grows in part shade but will tolerate full sun. We have been researching rhododendrons and azaleas but are concerned a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer resistant plants for a bioswale in NJ
May 06, 2011
We live in Morris County, New Jersey, on the edge of a nature preserve, i.e., deer are a bane to everything we plant. We recently had to have a swale dug on the west end of our house to deal alleviat...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mystery plant in VA
May 06, 2011
We bought a new house with an established garden bed last fall. We have a tall single stemmed plant with long slightly twisted leaves that looks like a tall tulip plant. However, it is just starting...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for lunaria in VA
May 06, 2011
Where in the state of Virginia or North Carolina can I purchase the Lunaria annual plant? (the purple leaf lunaria annual plant)
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for a screen in DC
May 05, 2011
Live in Washington DC vicinity (zones: 7-8). Looking for hardy shrubs to screen a 47 foot long picket fence and provide barrier to neighbor. It is western exposure with sun light. Ideally evergreen, d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer resistant trees and shrubs for PA
May 05, 2011
My yard backs up to woods, and we have a herd of 12 deer who peruse the neighborhood. This winter, the deer went after bushes and trees that they previously have not touched: euonomous and leyland cyp...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

East Texas Natives and Botanical History
May 05, 2011
I am looking for flowers &/or flowering shrubs that are native to east Texas, especially that would have been in this area over 100 or more years ago.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Freeze-damaged Texas Mountain Laurel in Austin, TX.
May 05, 2011
I have a Texas Mountain Laurel (Sophora secundiflora) that is several years old. During this past winter, one of the freezes we had split one of the largest trunk right below the soil line. T...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Powdery mildew hits Rock Rose in Round Rock Texas
May 05, 2011
My beautiful Rock Roses have gotten spots of white fuzzy "fur" on their leaves in the past month. This is not something they have ever had before and I'm worried its some kind of disease. Is it so...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Where to find Yarrow for sale in the area of Ft. Worth TX?
May 05, 2011
I'm very fond of the native plant called "Yarrow." Where might I find this in the Fort Worth area, and what are the tips for growing it. Seems like I saw it in one of the gardens at the LBJ Wildf...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Will wood shavings in the soil require nitrogen from Charleston MO
May 04, 2011
I cut down a big maple tree and a lot of the wood shavings was left in the soil. I planted a flower bed over the area this spring. I later read that the wood chips in the soil would use a lot of nitro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of pines on I35 between Dallas and Denton
May 03, 2011
I frequently drive I-35E from Dallas up to Denton and I've often wondered if the pine trees that I see near the road and in the surrounding areas, especially between Lewisville and Denton, have been ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recommendations for house plants for South Dakota
May 03, 2011
Thank you for your web site! I live in Enning South Dakota, and I am new to this beautiful part of the United States. I would love to grow house plants but don't know where to start looking or what k...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible sawflies on loblolly pine (Pinus taeda)
May 03, 2011
My pine trees looked great a week ago, now one from top to bottom is almost without needles. It is covered with greenish caterpillars. They have several stripes down their back . Could these be saw fl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Trees non-toxic for horses in California
May 02, 2011
I would like to plant next to my pasture. Please send a good variety of nontoxic (for horses) plants for shade. I live in Redding Cal.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why are my potted Prunus caroliniana plants shedding leaves in LA, CA?
May 02, 2011
I bought Prunus caroliniana in pots to use as privacy fence on my balcony. Have had them for about 6 weeks and they are shedding a lot of leaves. Some leave are drying out and others have what ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Grasses for erosion control in sand on coastal Georgia
May 01, 2011
I've been tasked with identifying native grass varieties or mixes (Coastal Georgia) that can be used for erosion control on sandy slopes created from dredged river sediment and that receive lots of s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs to block dust from dirt road
May 01, 2011
I live on a dirt road in Northwest Missouri. Could you recommend a fast growing, low maintenance shrub/bush that will form a barrier to block the dust from the dirt road? Thank you
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Hedgerow to block sounds and scenes of traffic
May 01, 2011
What would make the best year round hedgerow to block the sight and sounds of traffic 60 feet from my house?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for hedge not toxic to horses and llamas in California
May 01, 2011
I have goats llamas and horses, and need a short hedge that is non-toxic to them. It will be along a section of no-climb fencing, but they would be able to get to it. I lost a foal this morning and co...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification for West Virginia
May 01, 2011
Looking for the name of a wild flower in West Virginia, small golden colored petals..resembles a daisy.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Agave with large stem growing
May 01, 2011
It is a large stem growing from my agave plant in the middle of it. It looks scary and ugly, what is it? Is it poisonous? Is it rare? It gets taller and taller everyday, what to cut it.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Holes in leaves of wax myrtle from Austin
April 30, 2011
I just purchased 4 of the 5 gallon Wax Myrtles at the last spring plant sale and after planting them, they are getting eaten by bugs leaving holes in the leaves. I can't find any of the bugs doing th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Drought tolerant Plants and moving Wax myrtles in Austin
April 30, 2011
Mr. Smarty Plants, What are the most fire resistant and drought tolerant plants for caliche soil in Austin area? I am considering relocating or removing my wax myrtle shrubs because they are ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for NY wetland yard
April 30, 2011
We have standing water in our yard for the entire spring and sometimes summer if it's a rainy one. We dug a ditch and found that our yard has a natural spring, which explains a lot. I need to know ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is it live oak sprouts or parasites from Austin
April 30, 2011
You must get tired of questions about "Live Oak sprouts." I just read your recent Q&A about this. But I'm getting mixed info about whether the "sprouts" are actually Live Oak growth of some sort ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning oaks in August from Pflugerville TX
April 30, 2011
Can I do minor pruning on my Lacey oak and bur oak in August if it is hot and dry? I'd like to prune one limb from each. The Lacey oak limb is about 2 inches in diameter, and the bur oak limb is ab...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are any cherry trees poisonous from Clovis CA?
April 30, 2011
Are there some cherry trees that are poisonous? if so, how do you identify them?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planning and designing a green roof from Austin
April 30, 2011
I am in the planning stage to decide about planting a green roof as part of new construction. My ideal plant life on the green roof would have minimal root structure (deeper roots mean deeper soil mea...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for creek bank in North Carolina
April 29, 2011
I would like a list of plant options to plant on an almost vertical creek bank in some location in Charlotte, NC. The creek runs through a 300 acre basin, maybe 3 or 4' high banks and I have never se...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of volunteer tree
April 28, 2011
I have a volunteer tree in my yard that has a mixture of serrated, non-serrated, and partially-serrated leaves on it. My tree identification guides all assume either serrated or non-serrated. How do...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need a tree to replace a large oak tree that may be dying in Bedias TX.
April 28, 2011
I live in Bedias, TX in Grimes County. One of the largest oak trees on my property looks like it's dying. It's simply not leafing out well. I literally can't afford for this to happen since I depen...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to Prune a Mountain Laurel to make it more tree like in Hendersen, NV
April 28, 2011
How do I prune a Texas Mountain Laurel into a tree? Just bought a 15 gal. with two trunks above the crown. Was told that multiple trunks are their natural growth, which is OK. But all research call...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Live Oak Leaf Drop in North Carolina
April 27, 2011
We planted a 15 foot, approx. 3" caliber live oak tree last summer and it seemed very healthy throughout our unusually cold winter in the Piedmont area of North Carolina. (Winston-Salem). Now it's ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Would like suggestions for a tree or bush to be given as a memorial gift for friends in Austin, TX.
April 26, 2011
Hello, I would like to give a memorial gift of a tree and/or bush native to the Austin area to friends living there. Any suggestions? Local vendors would be appreciated also. Thanks very much!
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Weeds invading non-native Asian Jasmine in Dallas
April 26, 2011
Weeds have invaded my Asian Jasmine. What can I do to kill the weeds and not the Asian Jasmine?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native mint invading flower beds in Kendallville IN
April 26, 2011
A few years back we were given two sprouts of something referred to as peppermint tea. We planted in our flower bed and now it has taken over. It seems to start slow in the spring but doesn't take lo...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Carolina Jasmine failing to turn green in Pleasant Garden NC
April 26, 2011
We planted Carolina Jasmine last year and it did great. This Spring we only have about 2-3 small green leaves beginning on the vines. We did not cut them back in the Fall. Is it time for them to be tu...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion