En EspaÑol

Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 97 next >> 
9,691 Results:   10  25  50 100 per page

topicquestion
Information on what Texas wildflowers are disappearing
August 02, 2011
I was shocked to find that Texas Bluebells were vanishing. What other Texas wildflowers are vanishing? There is an endangered species list but I want to help before my wildflower neighbors before t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plant Suggestions for Dripping Springs
August 02, 2011
I have a very dry commercial property in Dripping Springs TX where the dry sand/dust isn't a good rain conductor (whenever we get rain). What can we plant there? We have no irrigation and use a rai...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Selection of a small variety of Desert Willow for SE Texas
August 02, 2011
Looking to plant desert willow as shrub. Any helpful tips to keep height down and plant full or bushy.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Want to know the name of a string looking moss in OR.
August 02, 2011
I want to know the name of a string looking moss or Licha that grows on pine trees? Thought was old mans whiskers, but this search brings up a flower; not what I am looking for. I found some in Glacie...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for grasses for slope around retention pond in Florida
August 02, 2011
I live in St. Petersburg, FL on a large retention pond. Most of my neighbors on the pond have seawalls. I do not nor do my neighbors to my left and right. I am interested in colorful grasses to put...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Dormancy in Pin Oaks without water in Del Rio, TX
August 02, 2011
Can Pin Oak trees go dormant without enough water? If so how long can they live that way? Can they be brought back to producing leaves? If yes, then what do I need to do besides giving them water. I d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Survival of native lawn in Hockley TX
August 02, 2011
I'm on the edge of the Katy Prairie and a very large ranch with full blasting sun and completely open exposure. The soil is fill from the developers with more clay than sand, a minimum of nutrients,...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Moving houseplants from New York to Florida
August 02, 2011
We are relocating to Florida from New York and would like to bring our houseplants with us. Are there any laws forbidding indoor plant transport into Florida???
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native Norfolk Pine suffering in Corpus Christi TX
August 02, 2011
About ten yrs. ago I transplanted my Norfolk Pine into the ground in my backyard. With all the frosty weather of 2010/2011 the Spring brought a browning/dying of a lot of the Norfolk Pines in this are...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Vegetable garden in Ballston Spa, NY
August 02, 2011
I never got my veg. garden in this year. Are there any late crops I can still plant at this late date in Ballston Spa, NY? Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native peanutbutter tree suckering in Oregon City OR
August 02, 2011
I have a beautiful 'peanutbutter tree' in my yard. I have noted that there are plantlets coming up that appear to be attached to the main root(s) of the tree. I have been breaking them off as I don...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

How to remove plume from Yucca elephantipes in NJ?
August 02, 2011
In Manahawkin, NJ, how do we cut plume (2" diameter) off 10' Yucca elephantipes?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Help finding and growing milkweeds for monarch butterflies
August 01, 2011
I would like to participate in your "Monarch Waystation" program. Knowing how milkweeds generally don't transplant well, and I have poor luck getting them to propagate from seeds, could you please...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Restoring a slope in the Mississippi sandhill region
August 01, 2011
We are building on 5 acres (leaving 60% as is, natural). Only building a small (900-1200 sq ft house) & clearing 1 acre of the valley for a pond. There is a steep slope (where we had to put field dra...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Favorite Wildflower
July 31, 2011
Dear Green Guru - What are your favorite wildflowers? Signed Curious
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Getting rid of poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac
July 30, 2011
How can I rid my yard of poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac? I have tried roundup, poison ivy roundup and even a clorox solution and nothing seems to kill it, I keep seeing it come up. Any help ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Invasive phragmites from New Egypt NJ
July 30, 2011
I have some wetland near a road. It has been taken over by phragmites. How is the best way to remove these grasses and add some diversity to this area. The area in question is approx. 100 by 30 feet.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting annuals around young oak in Evanston IL
July 30, 2011
is it OK to plant annuals (i.e. salvias, impatiens or dusty millers) around the base of a young oak tree (2-3 years old)?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native house plants stressed from Allen TX
July 30, 2011
I have three house plants that were plants I received from my father's funeral services. They were healthy for about two years and then we added some soil and now they are turning brown and appear t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ants in outdoor plants in Austin
July 30, 2011
Live in Austin. The problem is THIS. Ants have invaded our outside potted plants- mandevilla, begonia , lemon tree and violas. The colonies are devouring the roots it appears. Please give suggestions ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native Silver lace vine invasive from Ft. Davis TX
July 29, 2011
Is silver lace vine invasive?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need something to compete with Virginia wild rye in Bristol, TN.
July 29, 2011
I have been working for 4 years to convert a large area of sunny lawn (150' x 40') to a native woodland planting, using native trees, shrubs, flowers and grasses. Although I used seeds of a variety ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Non-native ixora full of weeds in Miami FL
July 29, 2011
My Ixoras are full of weeds look like some kind of berry. Is there a way to get rid of them?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Jelly made from local plums from Amarillo TX
July 29, 2011
On Wednesday, August 5, 2009 you answered a question on native plants in the Austin area in which you wrote:"Two kinds of local plums have also been used to make jellies: Mexican Plum (Prunus mexican...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Erosion prevention on shady Pennsylvania stream
July 28, 2011
I'm looking for a few species to plant along a stream channel to help reduce erosion during heavy rains. The soil is moist and in full shade. Ferns and thorny bushes are the only current vegetation...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

It's so hot, even the Salvia greggii are sad, in Bulverde Texas
July 28, 2011
I have several Salvia greggii in large terra cotta pots. The leaves have developed a yellowish tint and are thinning. What is the best process to get them back to full green foilage?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Survival of non-native rosemary on sea breeze from Alberta Canada
July 28, 2011
I read that Rosemary, in some locations, can live on nothing other than the humidity carried by the sea breeze. Is this true?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Finding woolly butterfly bush from Johnson City TX
July 28, 2011
Where can I find woolly butterfly bush? They are difficult to locate in the nurseries
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Air layering with Spanish moss from Dunnellon FL
July 28, 2011
Is it possible to air layer plant cuttings using Spanish Moss instead of Sphagum Moss? I have a yard full! Thanks
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification of chenille-like plant in Florida
July 27, 2011
I live in Central Florida. I have a small, 8-10 inch plant that grows wild in the yard and has a 1 to 1-1/2 inch, bright red, feathery flower on it. I can't seem to find it on the internet and I'm ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant identification of 3-leaf plant with red berries in Utah
July 27, 2011
I would like to send you a picture to ID a 3 leaf plant with red berries. Could you give me an email to do that? Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Name for paloverde look-alike near Colorado Springs
July 26, 2011
I don't know where this plant comes from. However, I am wondering what the name of plant of the following description would be. It is a shrub, about 2 to 3 feet tall and wide. It grows in zone 6 t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for slope in central Alabama
July 26, 2011
Our home is atop a 20-25' eastern facing sandy loam slope in central Alabama. It was previously covered w/ kudzu. After 3 yrs. of eradication of the kudzu we are ready to plant with native grasses/pl...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Impenetrable privacy hedge in Wimberly, TX.
July 26, 2011
I live near Wimberly, TX. I'd like to grow an impenetrable privacy hedge about 200' long and at least 10' tall and 10' deep (or more) using native plants. I'd like it to be evergreen, drought t...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alternate native plants for bamboo as a privacy screen in Austin, TX.
July 26, 2011
Can you recommend a bamboo that I can plant, acting as a privacy screen, reaching at least 10'-12'? We are looking for a bamboo that does not spread, and can take the afternoon sun. It will be pla...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deciduous shade tree for Inland California dry hills
July 26, 2011
What type of tree would work well in our back yard? We're looking for a deciduous tree that doesn't grow too tall, maybe 20'. We'd like it to have spreading branches to provide shade during the su...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Liatris spicata through blooming from Norman OK
July 26, 2011
We have a Liatris spicata, I thought it was done blooming (dried tops), so I cut them off. Will it come back and bloom again? What can I do?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Texas madrone trimmings for a wedding
July 26, 2011
Looking for Texas madrone tree trimmings needed for a special wedding.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need help with powdery mildew and mites in Bastrop, TX
July 26, 2011
I tend to flower beds for the city. I have noticed a powdery mildew in 2 beds. It is on the Pavonia and Turks caps. I now notice mites. What should I do?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need suggestions for landscaping along a creek in Lenoir, NC
July 25, 2011
I live in Lenoir, NC and would like to landscape my creek bank that is about 90 feet long and is 200 feet from my house. I thought about evergeen bushes maybe rhododendron; some grasses; a few trees ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Error on message from Rogue River OR
July 25, 2011
Previous message regarding sweet peas and how to get them growing was submitted with wrong state - It went out Rouge River, Rhode Island -- Should have been Rouge River, Oregon
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Newly planted Burford Holly doing poorly in Austin, TX.
July 25, 2011
About a month ago I bought dwarf burford holly. Now they have slowly started getting brown leaves that eventually fall off. Some of the plants have white spots on the ends. I usually check my plant...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possible freeze damage in Wax Myrtle from last winter in Bastrop, TX
July 25, 2011
Our Wax Myrtle is about 7 yrs old and in good shape until this past winter when we had several very hard freezes. Now several of the large branches are dead and more are dying each month. We have not ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Redoing garden in Memphis TN
July 25, 2011
Please help. I don't know much about landscaping and plants and I am re-doing my flower bed. I recently had everything pulled out and I want to start fresh. The area that I will be working with is ap...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shy blooming non-native Crape Myrtle, in Littlestown Pennsylvania
July 25, 2011
My Crape myrtle has been planted about three years, and reached a height of about 4'. It blooms late July and for the past two years, has only had one or two blooms on it. I have a lot of buds whic...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Lindheimer's muhly, goat food in Fredericksburg TX
July 25, 2011
How can I eradicate Lindheimers muhly in my pasture and what can I plant in its place that goats will graze on?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cutting back perennials in PA
July 25, 2011
Can you pinch back echinacea in the spring to produce a shorter plant? I have some that get too tall and fall over.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Deer-resistant plants for Central Texas
July 25, 2011
I live in a community that is overrun with deer, thanks to neighbors who feed them daily. I am looking for TRUE deer resistant plants for beds...they have eaten my lantana, salvia, esperanza, jasmine...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

What caused bump after walk in woods from Ontario
July 25, 2011
I recently went for a walk in the woods near a stream. When I got to the river my leg had a little bump. It wasn't itching. I got home, it swelled even bigger. Can you tell me what plant I bumped int...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Yard Trees for Burleson, TX
July 24, 2011
We need to replace 2 mature pear trees in our front yard, north side of the house in Burleson, TX. We are looking for faster growing trees that will last for decades that resist disease in clay soil....
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Root barriers for invasive plant roots from neighbor in Austin
July 24, 2011
My neighbor's invasive plantings are invading my yard. He has Chinese parasol, China berry, Japanese honeysuckle, privets, ligustrums and native Mustang grape vines planted so closely together they ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tree with no invasive roots for Los Angeles
July 24, 2011
I have a large in ground planter sharing the outside wall (on south/east corner) of my house in east LA 90032. I would like to find a tree that grows quite tall (2 story building), but grows roots ver...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Garden problems from Centreville VA
July 23, 2011
Plants die, trees won't grow. I've replaced the soil (6") twice. Replaced grass twice and planted new plants and tree. After two yrs, the tree is still the same size and the flowering bushes nea...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Trumpet creeper with ants in Belchertown MA
July 23, 2011
My Campsis Vine is having one of the maximum blossom years it gets after a good pruning. This year, I have black carpenter ants on the blossoms and the flowers are rotting from the edges down on some...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Soapberry suckers in Austin
July 23, 2011
Western Soapberry. Cut it down many months ago. Now I have baby trees all over the lawn. Are these the berries or are they coming from roots even though some sprouts are quite a distance away. I pul...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Problems with non-native zucchini in Muskogee, OK
July 23, 2011
In the awful heat of this summer I am still getting zucchini to produce. But, once it grows about 3 inches, it gets yellow on the ends and dies. Am I watering it too much? (I have sprayed for bugs ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Planting wildflowers on roadsides in Dallas
July 23, 2011
Am interested in leading Y Princess group in community effort to plant wildflowers along roads in Dallas area. Do you have any advice on how to approach the problem or sources for the seeds?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Eliminating a briar vine in American holly
July 22, 2011
I have a wild vine (I was told it is a type of briar) living on my place. The root nest is like a potato. I have dug them up, I have sprayed them and I still am plagued with them. I have a beautiful A...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Looking for the tallest okra stalk in Waco, TX.
July 22, 2011
I am looking for the tallest okra stalk in Waco,Texas. Back in the 1950s, it was in the Waco paper but I can't find it. My Grandfather's name was Robert W. Goss of Waco, and he had his picture take...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Panicum virgatum native to Pennsylvania
July 22, 2011
Is Panicum virgatum native to PA? I do not see it in your database but it is listed as a native in many places.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for slope on Orcas Island, WA
July 21, 2011
Hi! What a great site! Okay, I have a home on Orcas Island, WA. We live here from about June through September, but only visit once a month or so the other times of the year. We are looking for somet...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Color in non-native portulaca from Beach Haven NJ
July 21, 2011
I bought a portulaca in a hanging basket and divided it up and planted it in my garden. It is doing ok..but I have almost entirely orange flowers..maybe two reds. I was hoping for multi-colored..red...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of Sagittaria-like plant with purple flowers
July 21, 2011
I have collected a wetland plant that I can't seem to identify. Its an emergent plant collected along with a species of sagittaria. Very similar in leaf structure to an sagittaria or alisima, but i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leaves on yaupon holly turning brown/black
July 20, 2011
Arlington TX Yaupon Holly has leaves on stems closer to the bottom of the plant and moving up that are turning brown/black. Is this a disease, over/under watering? There is black gummy soil, but it ha...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Why did mountain laurel turn brown and die?
July 20, 2011
I have (had) a lovely mountain laurel that I planted more than 25 years ago. Many times one or two branches would turn brown and I would trim them out. The shrub is about 10 feet tall and is many tr...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a school garden in College Station TX
July 20, 2011
I need to plant some things in my school garden. Green plants and plants with some color. Hardly ever rains here. Please give suggestions.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Propagation of quincula lobata from Alleyton TX
July 20, 2011
Quincula lobata..how to propagate and when?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Sooty mold on Texas Sage in Silsbee, TX.
July 20, 2011
I just saw two questions from December regarding black sooty mold appearing on leaves of Texas Sage. My Texas Sage is two years old growing in the original, well-draining large pot it was planted in ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Should Texas live oaks be mulched under drought conditions?
July 19, 2011
Should we mulch our live oaks in pastures for water retention?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for a property near a conservation area in MD
July 18, 2011
Can you tell me what native plants and the type of landscaping that would be good to plant in front of a forest conservation area that is on a steep hill behind our future house? It is located in Manc...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Evergreen for privacy in PA
July 18, 2011
We need to plant a privacy/sound barrier hedge/hedgerow and my husband says it must be evergreen. I am not familiar with which species would be native to our area and I just don't trust those big sto...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Mystery shrub in Michigan
July 18, 2011
I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan and noticed a shrub in the woods that has large clusters of small red, what I would call berries on it. Can you give me some n...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Should I purchase wax myrtle plants as liners or pots
July 18, 2011
I want to buy some wax myrtle over internet.Place has wax myrtle "liners" They look very thin. Will these bushes grow quickly or should I spend more $ for 1 gallon plants. Just need a hedge fairly q...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Cedar trees dying in CO
July 18, 2011
We have mature cedar trees at the home we bought in SW Colorado. The large ones have begun to die. Can too much water kill a cedar tree and is there anything I can do to keep them alive?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Windbreak for Eastern Kansas
July 17, 2011
I need to plant a fast growing windbreak near my lateral lines for a septic tank. We obviously can't have anything that would interfere with the laterals but I desperately need a North wind break. ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leaves on 3 year old maple turning brown in Lebo, KS.
July 16, 2011
Hello, one of our five Maple trees which is is 3 yrs. old now, we saw a week ago that the leaves started turning brown and dropping. My question is: Will the tree survive this and return healthy next ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Alamo vine not blooming in Liberty Hill TX
July 16, 2011
My Alamo vine is not blooming. It is planted in full sun. The vine looks healthy. Should I fertilize, if so, with what.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Common name of non-native Senna corymbosa (Argentine senna)
July 16, 2011
I just had a plant identified as Senna corymbosa. Can you tell me whether it's a Texas native and what its common name is? Thanks.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Growth of non-native bermudagrass in Snelville GA
July 16, 2011
How do you grow Bermuda grass successfully in the state of Georgia? Techniques in fertilization, lawn cutting and general maintenance. Thank you.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Watering Oak Trees in the Summer
July 15, 2011
Should you water oak trees in the summer? Some people say its not good for them. But many trees seem to be withering up and dying in this heat. Especially the black jack oaks. There are also post ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Premature browning of bald cypress needles in summer
July 15, 2011
I have several 10m high taxodium distichum trees in the lawn, with drip irrigation twice a week, and same soil content, and on just one of them, several leaves have started turning brown, it seems to ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need suggestions for alternatives for Crape Myrtle in Washington, DC.
July 15, 2011
What can you recommend as native alternatives to the shorter (garden-sized) crape myrtle cultivars?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Is Hibiscus coccineus still considered native in Dallas, TX?
July 15, 2011
Is Hibiscus coccineus still considered native?. I recently was told by someone with the Native Texas Plant Society that it was no longer thought to have crossed the Sabine naturally. Thoughts...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tree with brown spots on leaves containing caterpillars
July 14, 2011
We have a new little tree we planted in our yard and I went over to admire it and on each leaf there is a brown spot in which little worms are living. They are alive and moving around in the pocket th...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Care of a live oak with decay and perhaps fungus on trunk
July 14, 2011
I have a huge live oak on my property in Salado that just lost a very large branch. The branch had decay in the center and also has a variety of bugs in it, espeically since it has been on the ground...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant Identification
July 14, 2011
What is the common purple flower found in fields that has a yellow flattened oval berry like pod after blooming? Leaves are grayish green. I am thinking in the nightshade family? It is a bane to a pas...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of shrub with purple flowers in Las Vegas, Nevada
July 13, 2011
Large purple flower shrub, flowers are on long stems. Round flowers with green leaves on the stalks, used as front yard landscaping in a new house in Las Vegas NV. Very drought tolerant, shrub grows ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Treating suspected drought-stressed live oak
July 13, 2011
I have a live oak with excessive leaf drop - it was planted approx. 20 year ago surrounded by heavy pavers. very little grass - I did not plant the tree - I have noticed in the last few years the dro...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possibility of hydrophobic soil in Austin, TX.
July 13, 2011
I believe I have an area in my garden with “hydrophobic soil”: no matter how much or how slowly I water, it just beads up and rolls off and the soil beneath remains cement dry and powdery. In my readi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shrubs for privacy in wet area in Ohio
July 13, 2011
I am looking for flowering shrubs for Ohio that reach 8-10 feet and can handle wet feet. I am trying to avoid building a wall for privacy and would like to use flowering shrubs instead.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Acacia tree that will grow in Louisiana
July 13, 2011
Please tell me if there are any Acacia Trees that will grow in direct sun in Louisiana. I really want to plant some from seeds but don't which to get for zone 8. Thank you Mr Smarty Plants
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Pruning smooth azalea in NJ
July 12, 2011
I have a Smooth Azalea growing in my woods. It was verified by the Master Gardeners of Burlington County New Jersey. It's 12 feet tall and lanky. Can it be trimmed in hopes of thickening up? If s...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for steep bank in Pennsylvania
July 12, 2011
What do I do with a very steep bank with hard clay soil to stop erosion and to look nice. Is there a ground cover that would help?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Native Plants for North Texas Container
July 12, 2011
What would you recommend for a large permanent plant for a large container (3' X 3') for Plano, Texas in the sun?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Discouraging rattlesnakes in northern California
July 12, 2011
Searching for information re: managing your garden to discourage snakes, especially rattlesnakes. I live in northern California and we have many. I found one of your articles, but the link to an U. of...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Tulip trees losing bark in OH
July 11, 2011
We have two tulip trees in our yard that are losing their bark at the base of the trunk. I am careful with the mower keeping away from the tree when I mow. What could the problem be and what can I d...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants for vertical cliff in Pismo, CA
July 11, 2011
Need help with erosion control on an 80' steep to vertical, top-soil, south facing cliff, Pismo CA (central coast) area. Terracing not an option. Prefer native, colorful plants that will give the bes...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Fragrant perennial plants for shade in Dallas
July 11, 2011
I am looking for shade-loving perennial plants to provide fragrance in my garden. What plants would you recommend for my North Texas (Dallas) garden that is fully shaded by huge pecan trees? My curren...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Possumhaw losing leaves in Liberty Hill, TX.
July 11, 2011
I have two female possumhaw trees and one of them is losing its leaves. I planted both of them in February and they were doing very well, getting green and full. What's happening?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Need help with my 25 yr old Mountain Ash in Clinton Township, MI.
July 11, 2011
For the first time our 25yr old mountain ash tree has dying branches, we removed one branch and it seems to have spread to other branches? What should we do?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion