Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 968 next >> 
9,678 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Groundcover for shady slope in clay soil
May 20, 2015
I need to stop erosion on a very shady, sloping side of my house. It is cly soil. We drive our rider mower over it to get to the grassy area in our yard. What perennial ground over might work? Thank...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Does Buttonbush Spread?
May 20, 2015
I live in Los Angeles County. Does Buttonbush spread via its roots/rhizomes? I've got a picture I could send in a reply. Gotta know if it's, what I see, a part of the buttonbush.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plant for Erosion Control on Wooded Slope in MD
May 19, 2015
We are looking for a plant to help with erosion control on a wooded slope next to our drive. The roots of several of the trees are exposed like a shelf, so I think it's a fairly severe problem. We ar...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Wildflowers in Bloom in Hudson Valley NY in July
May 19, 2015
We are hosting a rustic wedding on July 11, and we would like to decorate with wildflowers. We live in rural NY state, in the Mid-Hudson Valley, and there are many sites from which to pick wildflowers...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Male and female Ilex decidua ( Possumhaw) trees
May 18, 2015
I was excited to finally find and purchase a male and female possum haw pair via Amazon. (Berry Poppins variety). They were marked male-female and are thriving. But the male has little flowers and the...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Ostrya virginiana Compatible with Juglone
May 17, 2015
Is Ostrya virginiana sensitive to juglone?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identification of white flowering bush with lovely scent
May 17, 2015
Please identify the sweet smelling white flowering bush/tree blooming now,May, in western Massachusetts. The flowers are tiny 4(?) petals in small clusters. The scent is wonderful.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Identity of grass-like plant with white or cream flowers in The Woodlands, TX?
May 16, 2015
What is the name of the tall grass-like plant with small white or cream flowers that is planted in most esplanades in The Woodlands, TX.?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Controlling weeds in Habiturf lawn
May 16, 2015
What's the best way to get rid of weeds in a Habiturf lawn? Habiturf seems like a great idea, but even with no extra water and no fertilizer, it seems the weeds take over - K.R. Bluestem and various...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Willow Tree Early Leaf Fall
May 14, 2015
I have a weeping willow tree and it put out great leaves this Spring and looked great, but now here in the middle of May all the leaves are turning yellow and falling off like it does in the fall. So ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 968 next >>