Smarty Plants Question Topics

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 932 next >> 
9,313 Results:   10 25  50  100 per page

topicquestion
Shrub for Dallas Street
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a native shrub for Dallas, Texas. It is full sun with a maximum height of 3 feet to border the street edge of a shopping center. It will get irrigated.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shady Container Plant for Austin
August 20, 2014
I am looking for a tall plant/small shrub/ornamental grass for a very large pot that is placed against the north wall of our Austin home. That spot gets some morning sun in the summer, but virtually ...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Recipe for Sideroxylon lanuginosum (Gum bumelia) fruits
August 17, 2014
Do you have a recipe for using the fruits of Sideroxylon Lanuginosa?
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowers that attract Queen butterflies
August 17, 2014
Walking into the cloud of Queen butterflies around my Gregg's Mistflowers is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced, so I started wondering how I could prolong this "visitation". Can you...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Plants to grow in sandy shade with steep slope
August 14, 2014
I'm a very experienced gardener but I'm completely stumped on this one. We live among the dunes in SW Michigan. Our yard mostly consists of Ammophila breviligulata and Asclepias syriaca bisec...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Flowering ofPluchea odorata in Houston, TX
August 13, 2014
I sprouted Pluchea odorata seeds this spring, but the plants seem too small to bloom this year. Although your website characterizes this plant as an annual, do you think it will survive the Houston wi...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Are Chickasaw plums evergreen?
August 13, 2014
Are Chickasaw Plums evergreens? I've been very interested in planting a few but some websites say they are evergreens while others say the opposite. Furthermore, would I have to plant a male and fema...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Shade Trees for Bullhead City, AZ
August 12, 2014
We have a patio with 2 old (unused) fire pit cut-outs; about 4 ft wide each. The cut out is not lined with concrete or brick: just rimmed with the concrete on all sides. The center of the cut-outs i...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Chemical Weed Control in Lady Ferns in North Carolina
August 12, 2014
Lady Fern (Athyrium filix femina): What herbicide may I use for weeds in a new bed of Lady fern.
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

Leaves dropping from a potted Mesquite
August 11, 2014
I have a Prosopis pubescens (Screwbean Mesquite) that I purchased at a nursery in Alpine, TX just a few miles away from me. It was a in nursery style black plastic container. The mesquite is perhaps a...
View Mr. Smarty Plants' Answer

topicquestion

<< previous 1 2 3 4 ... 932 next >>