Monday - February 13, 2012

From: Doswell, VA
Topic: Poisonous Plants
Title: Non-toxic plants for horses in Virginia from Doswell VA

Looking for a list of Non Toxic plants to horses in the State of Virginia.

From a previous Mr. Smarty Plants answer:

Here are databases that you can use to check on toxicity of plants to horses and other animals:

ASPCA's Toxic and Non-Toxic Plant List - Horses  [Note:  The first list is for plants toxic to horses and the second list is for plants non-toxic to horses.

Horse Nutrition: Poisonous Plants from Ohio State University Extension Service

10 Most Poisonous Plants for Horses from Equisearch

California Poison Control System

Pennsylvania's Poisonous Plants from the Universtiy of Pennsylvania

Cornell University Plants Poisonous to Livestock

Toxic Plants of Texas

Poisonous Plants of North Carolina

Canadian Poisonous Plants Information System

Your best source of local poisonous plant information would probably be your own veterinarian. Another source is the Virginia Texas Extension Office for Hanover County