There’s always something new to see and do at the Wildflower Center, including new programs and exclusive hours so you can explore the garden before it opens to the public. You’ll also enjoy the benefit of knowing you help provide a fun and engaging educational experience for Austin-area students and visitors from around the world.
To help you navigate your Wildflower Center membership, we’ve compiled frequently asked questions to assist you. Choose the category that best fits your need:
I’m considering membership.
Who can be a member?
What does Wildflower Center membership include as benefits and privileges?
- Discounts on merchandise and classes
- A subscription to Wildflower magazine
- Members-only access to our Spring and Fall Native Plant Sales
- Private access to the gardens during Member Mornings (every Thursday and Saturday, 7:30 to 9 a.m. Central time) and so much more! See the benefits associated with each level of membership.
- Reciprocal benefits at over 300 additional gardens across North America
Which membership level is right for me?
Do you offer student, senior or military memberships?
I am interested in joining the Wildflower Center as a member, but I’d like to visit first. What can I do?
Do I need to add a second name on membership applications for the Dual level and above?
Is it acceptable to lend my membership card to a friend or family member?
No. Memberships are nontransferable and valid only for the person(s) whose name is printed on the card. Valid photo ID is required for all member adults to gain free admission to the Wildflower Center.
Can I use my membership on a field trip or group visit?
Can my caregiver bring my children to the Wildflower Center and use my card?
How do I become a member?
- In person
- By calling 512.232.0163
- By mailing your membership contribution to 4801 La Crosse Avenue, Austin, TX 78739, Attn: Membership
Is my membership contribution tax deductible?
What are the rules and expectations related to membership at the Wildflower Center?
- The primary member must be 18 years or older.
- Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Membership at the Wildflower Center is intended for noncommercial use by individuals (excluding Corporate Memberships).
- Admissions or discounts granted as a privilege of membership can never be sold to another person or entity.
- Photo identification is required at the time of visit and should match the person whose name is on the membership. At least one card-holding member must be present with guests.
- The Center reserves the right to revoke memberships for abuse of member privileges or for inappropriate conduct.
- The Center reserves the right to change its pricing and benefits structure at any time.
I just became a Wildflower Center member.
How long does it take to receive my membership cards?
When will my membership expire?
I have not received my membership materials. What do I do?
Can I bring guests to member-only events?
I’d like to manage my membership.
How can I upgrade my membership to a higher level?
Please visit us at the Wildflower Center or call 512.232.0163 to complete a membership upgrade.