AN INCLUSIVE TEAM
We strive to be a safe, respectful and inclusive environment for everyone. Our values apply to the staff, volunteers and guests of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, including participants on our social media channels and attendees of on-site and online events and classes.
All are welcome, and all are held to the same standard of behavior.
Be kind and considerate.
- Recognize that all people, plants and animals should be respected.
- Remember that this is a public garden with staff, volunteers and guests from many different cultures and backgrounds.
We do not condone any harassment, including:
- Intimidation or threats
- Inappropriate disruption of events
- Hurtful language or symbols
- Physical assault of any type
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwanted sexual attention
- Unwanted photography or video recording
- Bullying or stalking
Especially in connection to:
- Race or ethnicity
- National origin
- Gender identity or presentation
- Sex or sexual orientation
- Level of ability, medical condition or pregnancy
- Citizenship status
As an organization, we uphold the following Core Values:
- Discovery: We believe that progress and transformative change emerges from the processes of discovery and learning.
- Diversity: We are committed to fostering and supporting biological and cultural diversity in order to improve the health and well-being of people and the planet.
- Hospitality: We create a welcoming, warm environment to ensure that all guests experience our culture of generosity, curiosity and thoughtfulness.
- Inclusivity: We believe in broadening and uplifting our community by providing equal access to opportunities and resources to all.
- Stewardship: We are committed to cultivating our environmental, cultural and organizational resources responsibly and sustainably.