The rest of your life starts here. Create an experience that you and your guests will never forget among our beautiful Hill Country architecture and native gardens.
The Center is available for weddings every day of the week, 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Exclusive use of both indoor and outdoor spaces: window-lined gallery, main gardens and idyllic courtyard
- 9-hour facility rental (4 p.m. – 1 a.m.). Includes Load in/out
- 2-hour portrait photography session (Center does not supply photographer)
- 1-hour rehearsal scheduled during open hours
- Separate dressing facilities for wedding parties
- On-site manager, on-site security officer
- Event liability insurance up to $1,000,000
- 1 Dual Level Membership to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
The suggested guest limit for Ceremony and Reception events is 250 max.
Auditorium (Ceremony Site/Inclement Weather Plan):
- 250 Max, 232 seats provided for Ceremony
- Adjacent foyer can be used for cocktail hour during inclement weather
Great Hall (Reception/Ceremony/Inclement Weather Plan)
- Seats 120 comfortably for dinner setting and dance floor with 12 round/rectangular tables (seated with 10 each)
- Seats 160 for dinner setting without dance floor with 16 round/rectangular tables (seated with 10 each)
- Option for additional seating of tables outside of the gallery under the large outside covered awning
Courtyard (Ceremony/Cocktail Hour/Reception)
- 250 Max (no rain plan; tenting the courtyard is not permitted)
- Seated Rounds = 250
- Seated Rectangular = 250
Library (Bridal/Groom’s’ Suite/Inclement Weather Plan)
- Tables and chairs provided = 22 capacity
McDermott Learning Center (MLC) (Cocktail Hour/Inclement Weather Plan)
- $500 optional addition
- 100 capacity for standing cocktail hour
- 80 capacity for seated dinner with round or rectangular tables
- There are no restrooms in this facility. Closest restrooms are located in Courtyard.
- Portable restrooms can be rented by client and placed on site within rental hours.
- MLC is not available for rent without renting entire venue first.
Luci and Ian Family Garden
- Up to 250 on the Play Lawn
- Up to 50 in the Robb Family Pavilion
- Four unisex restrooms nearby
- Access road for vendors
- Up to 200 guests seated on the event pad
The Wildflower Center allows you to choose from a wide selection of authorized caterers. Those not on our Exclusive Caterers list are allowed upon approval and subject to a $500 surcharge. The catering company must provide proof of insurance and sign a vendor contract agreement. Clients are allowed to bring their own alcohol without any additional expense; all alcohol must be served by a TABC-certified bartender working for the selected catering company.
You may use any vendor that you choose at the Wildflower Center — except for the noted exception under catering and alcohol. This includes lighting companies, equipment rental, bakeries, florists, coordinators, etc. View our recommendations here.
- Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests should be at least 48 hours in advance. Any reservation will be considered tentative until the client receives an executed copy of the contract and the full rental fee is received.
- The Client/Licensee will be responsible for all actions and activities of their guests. The licensee is responsible for any and all damages. The Center reserves the right to inspect and monitor all activities. The Center will not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of licensee items.
- The Center reserves the right to make non-competing areas of the Center available for other events.
- No smoking (including e-cigarettes) or tobacco use is permitted on the grounds at any time.
- No pets allowed on premises (with the exception of service animals and ceremony-only wedding appearances)
- Wireless access will be provided.
- All items that are brought into the Center for special events must be removed that same day. Anything left in a space following a use period will be thrown away by the custodial staff.
- Visitors are expected to respect all nature at the Center. This includes never picking flowers, walking through garden beds or harming wildlife. The Center reserves the right to remove any guests in violation of any of these policies from the grounds.
What is included in the rental rate?
The facility rental rate includes exclusive use of the Great Hall, Courtyard, Theme Garden, Family Garden and Lawn, Texas Hill Country Arboretum, and the Little House for up to 250 guests every day of the week for weddings from 5 p.m. – 1 a.m.
How do I reserve a date?
We are happy to place a courtesy hold, without a deposit, on your special date for up to five business days. To secure your date a nonrefundable deposit of 50 percent of the facility use fee is required with a signed contract. The remaining balance is due 90 days prior to the event. The Wildflower Center accepts checks and all major credit cards and our rates are never charged service charge or tax.
Which buildings are not available for rental?
Buildings not available for rental are the Gift Store and Administration building.
Are there rental discounts?
Discounts are only available for nonprofit organizations and government entities.
What is the arrangement for Wedding Ceremony Rehearsal?
Rehearsals need to be scheduled with the event coordinator in advance and are based on availability. Rehearsals must take place within a 1-hour timeframe during the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with the rehearsal ending at 4 p.m.
What time does the Wildflower Center close to the public?
The Wildflower Center closes at 5 p.m. to the general public. Vendor load in can begin at 4 p.m. for all interior spaces and at 4:30 p.m. for all exterior spaces.
How late can I play music?
Amplified music, indoor and outdoor, from a musician, band or DJ must conclude by 11:30 p.m. Amplified sound cannot exceed 75 decibels from the property line.
What if it rains
While we hope that it will not rain during your celebration we will not let it ruin your day if it does. The Wildflower Center has a built in rain plan for up to 250 guests for no additional cost. The Great Hall is perfect for an indoor ceremony or reception. The adjacent Auditorium has tiered seating for up to 232 guests and can be used for the ceremony.
What are the cancellation policies?
If you cancel your event or change your event date after signing the contract the deposit is nonrefundable.
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
Yes, you may provide alcohol that has been purchased from a distributor. The alcohol can be delivered or brought to the venue and accepted by a licensed/insured caterer or bartending service. The Wildflower Center cannot be held responsible or accept alcohol deliveries from any vendor and cannot hold alcohol on site overnight/the day before.
All Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) laws must be followed while on premises. Alcohol must be served by a TABC-certified bartender who is working for the selected, insured catering company.
What staffing is provided by the venue?
A manager on duty (MOD) is on site for the duration of the private event. The MOD will lock and unlock interior spaces and act as the liaison for the Wildflower Center to your vendors. The MOD and security guard are available for emergencies and can drive the golf cart. The on-site staff is not responsible for event coordination.
Is there a room for kids and babysitter?
Yes, the Little House is located at one end of the Courtyard and is set up like a classroom with child size furniture. All children must be accompanied by an adult 18+ at all times.
Is there free parking onsite?
Yes, there are 150 parking spaces total in addition to back in angle parking along La Crosse Avenue. We offer a separate parking lot for vendors along with a loading dock for easy load in/out.
Is the venue ADA/wheelchair accessible?
Yes, there are wheelchairs available in the Admissions Kiosk. The manager on duty can access the wheelchairs upon request. Should your guests require rides to different parts of the venue, this can be coordinated by the security guard on duty.
What is allowed/not allowed?
- No smoking.
- No fireworks/sparklers/explosives.
- No pets: The exception would be that a dog (on a leash at all times) is allowed for the ceremony only
- and would need to be removed from property after the ceremony ends.
- No alcohol can be on property before 4 p.m. and all alcohol must be served by the caterer bartender.
- Candles in votives only.
- Flower petals are permitted during the ceremony only. Petals are not allowed for the Grand Exit.
What is the best option for a welcome happy hour and/or rehearsal dinner at a nearby restaurant?
The NXNW Restaurant (nxnebrew.com) South is located in close distance to the Wildflower Center at 5701 W Slaughter Lane. There are private room rentals available for Rehearsal Dinners and Private Parties for 20-50 guests. *This is the ideal option for a landing for guests to enjoy Happy Hour, while event setup takes place on site at Wildflower Center. Also inquire about their 15-person Beerliner Party Bus (74-foot vintage bus with 4 beer taps, 3 video screens, and full catering capabilities). Contact: Maddie Miser at 206-240-8544, firstname.lastname@example.org
The famous Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood (capacity up to 120) and Salt Lick Cellars (capacity up to 100) is located in close distance to Wildflower Center at 18300 Farm to Market Rd. 1826. There are private spaces available for rehearsals and private parties for 100-120 guests. Contact: 512-894-3117, email@example.com
It is an authentic Italian grocery. It is a place to gather. But most of all, it is a place to truly enjoy great food and warm Italian hospitality. Mandola’s Italian located in the Arbor Trails shopping center at William Cannon and MoPac. Private and semi-private rooms available for up to 100 guests plus bocce ball and a patio that accommodates up to 50 people. Large variety of wine, beer, mimosas, and sangria. Contact: Delia Prieto 512-375-0153 or firstname.lastname@example.org