What We Do
The Wildflower Center is committed to providing a safe environment for our staff and guests. Here’s what we’re doing:
- Wearing face coverings at all times except when working at a safe distance from one another outside
- Maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from others wherever possible
- Sanitizing and washing our hands regularly
- Keeping common areas (e.g., restrooms) sanitized and clean
- Sanitizing and washing tools and other commonly used equipment
- Monitoring our health and staying home if not feeling well
- Working with local and university health authorities to utilize recommended practices
What We Ask of You
When you are at the Wildflower Center, please follow these rules to enjoy a safe and pleasurable visit and keep others, including our staff and volunteers, safe:
- Texas law requires that face coverings be worn when appropriate social distancing isn’t possible. At the Wildflower Center, anyone over the age of 10 must wear a face covering in all of the following situations:
During admission (at the Admissions Kiosk)
In the Gift Store
In the restrooms
Inside any buildings (if open)
In confined outdoor spaces, such as Fortlandia forts and the Plant Sale
When social distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of space between yourself and those outside your household.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Per City of Austin guidelines, total group size while in the gardens should not exceed 10 people (unless in the same household).
- Please stay to the right on trails and provide space for fellow guests to pass.
By reserving a spot and/or buying a ticket to enter the Wildflower Center, you acknowledge you have read and will abide by these safety guidelines.
While we can take reasonable steps to keep our guests healthy, please understand that the Wildflower Center cannot guarantee your safety from COVID-19.
Thank you for helping everyone stay healthy!