LADY BIRD SOCIETY
A three-year giving society
The Advisory Council invites you to join them as fellow members of the Lady Bird Society to play an integral role in furthering the Wildflower Center’s mission to inspire the conservation of native plants. Your contribution enables the Center to share the transformative power of nature and native plants with families, children on field trips and guests from all parts of the world.
The Lady Bird Society is a growing circle of individuals dedicated to stewarding the vision of Lady Bird Johnson. Society members sustain the Center’s vital work by pledging unrestricted annual gifts at one of three levels for three years or more, providing a stable source of funding for the gardens and living collections, educational programs, and research opportunities.
Society Member Benefits
In appreciation, Lady Bird Society members receive exceptional benefits, including invitations to special events and recognition in Wildflower Center publications.
- Free admission for two adults + children and grandchildren under 18
- Free admission for six additional guests on each visit
- Early, members-only access to the gardens Saturdays and Sundays from 8 to 9 a.m.
- 20% discount on educational programs for children and adults
- Concierge service at biannual plant sales — place your order with us for presale pickup
20% discount at biannual plant sales
- 20% discount at the Gift Store
- Reciprocal privileges at more than 300 of North America’s top gardens
- A complimentary subscription to Wildflower magazine
- A Family level membership to give as a gift
- Recognition as members of the Lady Bird Society on our website, at special events and in Wildflower magazine
- Free admission for two to special events
- Advance notice and priority registration for after-hours, limited-capacity events
- A personal contact at the Center for all inquiries and needs
Redbud Circle – $2,500 – $9,999 per year for three years
All benefits above plus:
- A guided, weekday tour of the Center via golf cart for up to five people*
Cedar Elm Circle – $10,000 – $24,999 per year for three years
All benefits above plus:
- A seasonal walk and private lunch at the Center with the Executive Director for up to five people*
Live Oak Circle – $25,000+ per year for three years
All benefits above plus:
- One home garden or landscape consultation with a staff expert on your property (within Texas)*
*You may give your experience as a gift to family or friends.
The majority of your gift through the Lady Bird Society is tax deductible. If you wish to waive your benefits to make your gift fully tax deductible, you may indicate your preference to us.
The Wildflower Center always recommends you speak with your financial advisor or tax expert, especially when paying for membership with certain charitable giving methods. Some methods may not allow you to receive benefits.
How to Join
We offer three easy ways to join the Lady Bird Society:
1. Call or email:
2. Join online:
- Click here – you’ll be directed to the UT Austin donation portal for the Lady Bird Society (100% of your donation stays with the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center).
- Enter the amount of your first pledge installment in the Gift Amount field ($2,500 to $25,000+ depending on your level).
- Choose “Annually” as your gift frequency.
- Click on “Your Information” to proceed to the next page.
- Enter your information, and type “Gift for 3 years” (or longer if you prefer) in Gift Comments field.
- Click “Proceed to Payment” and follow the instructions.
3. Download and complete the pledge form, and send by mail with your first installment to:
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
4801 La Crosse Ave.
Austin, TX 78739
Live Oak Circle
Jeanie and Thomas Carter
Luci Baines Johnson and Ian Turpin
Carolyn and Jack Long*
Ann H. Moore*
Lynda and Chuck Robb
Cedar Elm Circle
Laura and John Beckworth
Ellen C. Temple*
James J. Truchard*
Rob and Robin Wilder
* Founding Member
Kim Bacon and William P. Bacon
Mary Ann and George Baker
Joseph E. Batson*
Ariane Beck and Eric Sebesta
George Blume and Molly Rogers
Heather Bowman and Natalie Amoroso
Ruthie and Gene Burrus
Lynn and Mason Carter
Chris and William Caudill*
Susan Conway and John Howell
Carolyn and Tom Curtis
Linda and Russell Deason
Kit and Carl Detering
Trisha and James Elizondo
Tyrrell Flawn and John Howell
Mary F. Forbes
Kathryn and Will Fowler
Sherrie and Robert Frachtman
Vincent Geraci and Wanda Summers
Suzanne and Steven Hesley
Sarah and Jim Hillhouse
Jeffrey Howell and James Howell*
Nancy and William Kibler
Sarah Westkaemper Lake
Sandra and Stanley Lehman
Karen Lundquist and Jim Zion
Tom Mays and Orlando Zayas
Donna and Frank McCamant
Mary McKeown-Moak and Lynn Moak
Jean and James Murff
Celia Newhart and Jeremy Taylor
Anne “Dede” Neal Petri
Sarah and Stephen Pitt
Arthur Reis and Carol Franco
Jennifer Robb and Joshua Glazer
Celina Romero and Paul Williams
Jenny and Lonnie Samford
Art Sansome and James K. Ferguson
Jennifer and Luke Schneider
Emily and Joey Schonefeld
Page and John Schreck
Brian and Debra Jones Shivers
Nancy and Edward Steves
Ann and Jack Swingler
Christine Ten Eyck and Gary Deaver
Douglas and Wilmer J. Thomas
Angela and Mario Ubalde
Amy and Mark Updegrove
Mary and Roger Wallace
Carol Walsh-Knutson and Kelley Knutson
Serene and Christopher Warren
Marilyn and Ben Weber
Robin and Rob Wilder
Vasilia and Laurens Wilkes
Peggy and Matt Winkler
Melinda and Stephen Winn
You will be directed to the UT Austin giving page where the “Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Lady Bird Society” fund will be preselected. From there, enter the amount of your first pledge installment as an annual gift in the Gift Amount field ($2,500 to $25,000+ depending on your level). In the Gift Comments, type “Gift for 3 years” (or longer if you prefer). Thank you!