LADY BIRD SOCIETY
A three-year giving society
The Advisory Council invites you to join them as fellow members of the Lady Bird Society to play an integral role in furthering the Wildflower Center’s mission to inspire the conservation of native plants. Your contribution enables the Center to share the transformative power of nature and native plants with families, children on field trips and guests from all parts of the world.
The Lady Bird Society is a growing circle of individuals dedicated to stewarding the vision of Lady Bird Johnson. Society members sustain the Center’s vital work by pledging unrestricted annual gifts at one of three levels for three years or more, providing a stable source of funding for the gardens and living collections, educational programs, and research opportunities.
Society Member Benefits
In appreciation, Lady Bird Society members receive exceptional benefits, including invitations to special events and recognition in Wildflower Center publications.
- Free admission for two adults + children and grandchildren under 18
- Free admission for six additional guests on each visit
- Early, members-only access to gardens every morning from 8 to 9 a.m.
- 20% discount on educational programs for children and adults
- Concierge service at biannual plant sales — place your order with us for presale pickup
20% discount at biannual plant sales
- 20% discount at the Gift Store
- Reciprocal privileges at more than 300 of North America’s top gardens
- A complimentary subscription to Wildflower magazine
- A Family level membership to give as a gift
- Recognition as members of the Lady Bird Society on our website, at special events and in Wildflower magazine
- Free admission for two to special events
- Advance notice and priority registration for after-hours, limited-capacity events
- A personal contact at the Center for all inquiries and needs
Redbud Circle – $2,500 – $9,999 per year for three years
All benefits above plus:
- A guided, weekday tour of the Center via golf cart for up to five people*
Cedar Elm Circle – $10,000 – $24,999 per year for three years
All benefits above plus:
- A seasonal walk and private lunch at the Center with the Executive Director for up to five people*
Live Oak Circle – $25,000+ per year for three years
All benefits above plus:
- One home garden or landscape consultation with a staff expert on your property (within Texas)*
*You may give your experience as a gift to family or friends.
The majority of your gift through the Lady Bird Society is tax deductible. If you wish to waive your benefits to make your gift fully tax deductible, you may indicate your preference to us.
The Wildflower Center always recommends you speak with your financial advisor or tax expert, especially when paying for membership with certain charitable giving methods. Some methods may not allow you to receive benefits.
How to Join
We offer three easy ways to join the Lady Bird Society:
1. Call or email:
2. Join online:
- Go to the UT Austin giving page.
- Type “Lady Bird Society” in the search bar.
- Click “Add” next to Wildflower Center Lady Bird Society.
- Enter the amount of your first pledge installment in the Gift Amount field ($2,500 to $25,000+ depending on your level).
- Choose “Annually” as your gift frequency.
- Click on “Your Information” to proceed to the next page.
- Enter your information, and type “Gift for 3 years” (or longer if you prefer) in Gift Comments field.
- Click “Proceed to Payment” and follow the instructions.
3. Download and complete the pledge form, and send by mail with your first installment to:
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
4801 La Crosse Ave.
Austin, TX 78739
Live Oak Circle
Jeanie and Thomas Carter
Luci Baines Johnson and Ian Turpin
Ann H. Moore*
Lynda and Chuck Robb
Cedar Elm Circle
Kathryn Fuller/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Carolyn and Jack Long*
Ellen and Eric Petersen
James J. Truchard*
Dean Michelle Addington
Kim and William P. Bacon
Mary Ann and George Baker
Joseph E. Batson*
Ariane Beck and Eric Sebesta
Mary Hooper Bell
Ruthie and Gene Burrus
Steve Carothers and Vicki Reed
Lynn and Mason Carter
Chris and William Caudill*
Susan Conway and John Howell
Germaine Curry and Borge Endresen
Carolyn and Tom Curtis
Kit and Carl Detering
Kathryn and Will Fowler
Karen and Warren Hayward
Suzanne and Steven Hesley
Chris and Carole Bond Jordan*
Nancy and William Kibler
Carol and Kelley Knutson
Sarah Westkaemper Lake
Sally and Dennis Loner
Thomas Mays, III and Orlando Zayas
Mary McKeown-Moak and Lynn Moak
Jean and James Murff
Nancy Perot and Rod Jones
Anne Neal “Dede” Petri
Camille and Richard Raycraft
Celina Romero and Paul Williams
Jennifer and Luke Schneider
Page and John Schreck
Brian and Debra Jones Shivers
Alane and Doyle Simons
Christine Ten Eyck and Gary Deaver
Mary and Roger Wallace
Serene and Christopher Warren
Matt and Peggy Winkler
Melinda Winn and Heather Bowman