Tuesday - July 31, 2012

From: Killeen, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Shrubs, Trees
Title: Plants dying in circular garden in Killeen, TX.

I have a large circular garden in my backyard out in the country in Killeen Texas. Last year two elms died. This year the Rose of Sharon has been dying one by one. One bush will completely die off before the next bush shows any sign of distress. Ive lost about 8 big rose of sharon this year so far. A mulberry tree has also died in he circle. I went out this morning and my butterfly bush is failing fast. Any ideas on what this could be. I need to get it stopped before it kills everything.

Plants die for various reasons; insects, fungi, watering problems, etc. Mr. Smarty Plants thinks that you need to have someone knowledgeable come and take a look at your circular garden. He suggests getting in touch with the folks at the Bell County office Texas AgriLife Extension for help locating such a person.