Tuesday - May 04, 2010

From: Frisco, TX
Title: Tall trees for planting around a swimming pool in Frisco, Texas

QUESTION:

Could you please tell me what kind of tall trees would be best to plant around a swimming pool in Frisco, Texas?

ANSWER:

You can visit our Texas-North Central Recommended page to find commercially available species for landscaping in your area.  You can use the NARROW YOUR SEARCH option in the sidebar to select "Tree" from the GENERAL APPEARANCE box to find recommended tree species for your area.  Here are a few tall trees native to Collin County and/or adjacent counties from that list:

Juglans nigra (black walnut) grows 50 to 75 feet tall

Platanus occidentalis (American sycamore) grows 75 to 100 feet tall

Ulmus americana (American elm) grows 60 to 80 feet tall

Quercus muehlenbergii (chinkapin oak) grows 40 to 60 feet tall

Quercus shumardii (Shumard's oak) grows 50 to 90 feet tall

Black walnut
Juglans nigra

American sycamore
Platanus occidentalis

American elm
Ulmus americana