From: Clarkston, MI
Title: How many native trees in U.S. from Clarkson MI

QUESTION:

Does anybody have any numbers on how many native trees there are in the entire United States?

ANSWER:

No, we couldn't find a number, but we did find the Atlas of United States Trees, with the following volumes. We have linked you to each volume we found, although there appears to be considerable overlap. These are not very recent, so there may have been more trees classified since. Sorry, apparently the U. S. Forestry Service doesn't have time to go roaming in the woods, counting the trees.

Volume 1 - Conifers

Volume 2 - Hardwoods

Volume 4 - Minor eastern hardwoods

Volume 5 - Florida

Unfortunately, some of these and all the rest of the titles we found online were used book store ads. We actually don't know any other way to get "head count" of United States trees.