Monday - July 09, 2012

From: Horseshoe Bay, TX
Topic: Planting, Propagation, Shrubs
Title: Planting Texas Mountain Laurel seeds in Horse Shoe Bay,TX

I have harvested Texas Mountain Laurel pods and extracted the seeds from the pods. The seeds are characteristic red/orange/maroon. When is the best time and best method to introduce seeds into pots? Thanks

Texas Mountain Laurel Sophora secundiflora (Texas mountain laurel) is a beautiful and fascinating plant, and Mr. Smarty Plants frequently gets questions about propagation. Be aware that the seeds are toxic if injested, so keep them away from small children who like to put things in their mouths. Since its summertime when the living is supposed to be easy, he is going to refer you to two previous answers that I think will answer you questions.

This link to plantanswers.com has an interesting about Texas Mountain Laurel.

Texas mountain laurel
Sophora secundiflora

Texas mountain laurel
Sophora secundiflora