Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant ID at the Wildflower Center from Austin

Monday - June 18, 2012

From: Austin, TXB
Topic: Plant Identification, Water Gardens, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Plant ID at the Wildflower Center from Austin

QUESTION:

I was at the Wildflower Center today and loved the green plants with delicate white flowers that were in both clay pots in front of the auditorium. Please let me know the name of the plants.

ANSWER:

From our really best Staff Gardener, Julie Marcus:

"The plants in the pots is Heliotropium angiospermum (Scorpion's-tail).  We also have them in the tank gardens in the Demonstration Gardens."

Follow the plant link to our webpage on that plant for growing conditions, water and sunlight needs, etc.

Pictures