En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Where to find Yarrow for sale in the area of Ft. Worth TX?

Thursday - May 05, 2011

From: Fort Worth, TX
Title: Where to find Yarrow for sale in the area of Ft. Worth TX?

QUESTION:

I'm very fond of the native plant called "Yarrow." Where might I find this in the Fort Worth area, and what are the tips for growing it. Seems like I saw it in one of the gardens at the LBJ Wildflower Center on my recent visit. Thanks so much!

ANSWER:

Yarrow Achillea millefolium (Common yarrow) is a herbaceous perennial with fragrant lacy foliage and small daisy-like flower heads. It can be found in all of the 48 contiguous states in the US.

This link from Floridata.com contains lots of information about the plant and how to care for it.

Our Suppliers Directory can help you find businesses that sell native plants or seeds.

I looked through the directory and found two nurseries in the Ft.Worth area where Achillea millefolium is sold:

Stuart Nursery in Weatherford

Weston Gardens In Bloom in Ft. Worth

Seed may be purchased on line from Wildseed Farms in Fredricksburg, however the farm is so beautiful it might be worth a "day trip" to pick them up yourself.