A: There are those who suspect Wildflower Center volunteers Nan Hampton, Jimmy Mills and Barbara Medford to be the culpable and capable parties. Yet, others think staff members Damon Waitt, Joe Marcus and Philip Hawkins might play some, albeit small, role. You can torture us with your plant questions, but we will never reveal the Green Guru's secret identity.

Support NPINHelp grow the Native Plant Information Network by giving to the Plant Database Fund or subcribing to Wildflower magazine.

Subscribe online now
Mr. Smarty Plants would give Wildflower magazine two thumbs up...if he had two thumbs.

Fort Worth, TX
Shrubs for a barrier in Ft. Worth TX
Hello, I'm looking for a natural barrier as an alternative to a fence in my backyard. I see several other questions answered relating to this but I'm looking for something specifically as a nativ...

Fort worth, TX
Pride of Barbados seed for Ft. Worth TX
When can you plant the Pride of Barbados plant seeds and how to go about it in Fort Worth Texas?

fort worth, TX
Should wax myrtles (Morella cerifera) be pruned?
We planted Wax Myrtles in our backyard as a wall for privacy from the lot behind ours. Should we prune or cut back the tops periodically to get more fully developed bushes or let them grow naturally?

Fort Worth, TX
Edibility of Rumex hastatulus (heartwing sorrel)
My mother and aunt, who are in their 80s, tell stories of eating a plant, when they were girls in North Central Texas. They call the plant "sheep shire". My mother says that it is a flat weed, that...

Fort Worth, TX
Response to previous answer from Ft. Worth TX
What email can I respond to Barbara Medford QUESTION:

Fort Worth, TX
Annual ryegrass and Habiturf from Austin
We've decided to put Habiturf in our freshly cleared back yard that was overgrown with sticky burs and crabgrass, but now that it is fall, would you recommend putting in a cover crop of annual ryegra...

Fort Worth, TX
Are flower petals poisonous?
Is it toxic to eat the petals on a flower? Ashley

Fort Worth, TX
Will a Venus flytrap bite?
Will a venus flytrap bite a person? Taylor

Fort Worth, TX
Plants for church gardens in Ft. Worth TX
Second attempt. Our church has many gardens in Fort Worth, TX. There are gardens for blue,red,yellow,white,purple,orange,pink,mixed,community garden,roses, and more. I am interested in the la...

Fort Worth, TX
Picture of tree in Gilmer, TX cemetery
HELP . I am looking to find pictures of the beautiful tree before it was struck by lighting. The tree was in the Gilmer, Tx City View Cemetery ?

Fort Worth, TX
Vines for pergola in Fort Worth
I just bought a pergola for back porch 12 x 10 that faces east so gets full morning sun, looking to plant vines for looks and help with shade. Would obviously like something that complements the pergo...

Fort Worth, TX
Yellowing leaves on yaupon in Ft. Worth
I planted a Pride of Houston Yaupon Holly in January in full sun. It is blooming little white flowers right now for spring, but a lot of leaves are turning yellow. Do you know what is causing this? ...

Fort Worth, TX
Smog-eating plants from Ft. Worth TX
Looking for a list (40 >) of Native Texas Plants for Fort Worth Urban (Condo) that are Drought tolerant or (drip irr) and Fragrant and long blooming and eat up the city smog. Fort Worth is in a non-at...

Fort Worth, TX
Plant Identification
Curious about the identification of the foxglove-looking plants flowering along the railroad tracks that parallel Lancaster in Handley. Some are white while others are purple. Leaves are about 2-3 inc...

Ft. Worth, TX
Plants for pool area in Fort Worth
We have a new pool in our backyard, and now also quite a bit of bare land to go with it. Looking for native grass suggestions and also shrubs/trees that I can plant around the pool area for privacy an...

Fort Worth, TX
Bluebonnets for wedding centerpieces in Ft. Worth
I am looking to purchase 25 live bluebonnet plants for my wedding centerpieces. I need them by May 15, 2009. Do you sell them?

Fort Worth, TX
Hackberry stripped by Cedar Waxwings or American Goldfinches
I live in Fort Worth. My one and only tree in the backyard is a 23 year old hackberry. While not infested with gall or weevils, we have been invaded this past few weeks by hordes of small, chubby, yel...

Fort Worth, TX
Mail order source for Guaiacum angustifolium from Ft. Worth TX
Do you have a mail order source for the seeds of Guaiacum angustifolium? I have looked extensively and cannot find one. Thank you!

Fort Worth, TX
Will non-native poisonous oleander grow through non-native invasive bermudagrass in Ft. Worth?
I was wondering if you knew which flowering plants would grow through grass. I have bermuda, have tried raised beds but due to uneven yard with lots of rock it would be too expensive to do properly. ...

Fort Worth, TX
Every plant in Texas
Do you know every plant in Texas? Alexis

Fort Worth, TX
Is scarlet buckeye (Aesculus pavia) poisonous?
Is a scarlet buckeye poisonous? Anna