En EspaÑol

Saturday - March 08, 2008

From: Marietta, GA
Title: Source of seeds for non-native Josephs Coat

QUESTION:

Looking for some time for Joseph's coat seeds,(Althernanthera--Chartreuse), Can you help?

ANSWER:

The focus and expertise of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America. Our mission statement reads:

"The mission of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is to increase the sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes."

Alternanthera ficoidea (Joseph's coat) is a native of the West Indies, Central and South America and, as such, is not really in our purview.  We don't really have a source for seeds of non-native plants. Your best bet is to Google "Alternanthera ficoidea 'Chartreuse' seeds" or "Joseph's Coat 'Chartreuse' seeds" to find a source.