Wednesday - July 29, 2009

Title: Source for Phyla nodiflora, fogfruit seeds

QUESTION:

Where can I buy fog fruit seeds (nodiflora)Do you know a seed company that sells this seed? I am replacing my lawn with lippia and have it half done. Need more seeds Please reply Thanks Claudia

ANSWER:

Please visit our National Suppliers Directory to search for nurseries and/or seed companies that specialize in native plants in your area to look for a source for Phyla nodiflora (turkey tangle fogfruit).  I did a quick search in seed companies in the Austin, Texas area that feature plant lists on their web pages and found that McNeal Growers in Manchaca lists Phyla incisa (a synonym for Phyla nodiflora) for sale as plants.  On our web page for the species there is a reference under "From the National Suppliers Directory" that leads you to Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation Native Plant Nursery in Sanibel, Florida that also lists Matchweed (Phyla nodiflora) for sale.  Many of the nurseries or seed companies don't show a web page or their web page doesn't have a list of available plants.  They do have a telephone number listed, however, so that you could call and inquire.