Mr. Smarty Plants - Sources for buffalo grass seed in Junction, TX

Sunday - December 19, 2004

From: Frisco, TX
Title: Sources for buffalo grass seed in Junction, TX

QUESTION:

I'm looking for a local supplier for buffalograss sod near Junction, Texas. I want to have it installed on my dad's gravesite. The cemetary in Junction has minimal maintenance available and, of course, the grass is not irrigated.

ANSWER:

You have certainly picked a good grass for low maintenance and low moisture requirements. It should do very well on your father's gravesite as long as it gets plenty of sunshine. There is a source, Native American Seed, right in Junction for buffalo grass seed. You can find other suppliers of buffalo grass seed in the National Suppliers Directory in the Native Plant Information Network on the Wildflower Center web page. You can check with garden centers or nurseries in or near Junction for buffalo grass sod, but you may have to contact ones in larger cities such as San Angelo, San Antonio, or Austin to find sod.

You will find information about growing buffalo grass from seeds, sod, or plugs in the Native Plant Library under "Native Lawns" on the Wildflower Center web page.