Monday - July 11, 2005

From: East Providence, RI
Title: Seed source for non-native Cenipa americana

The Genipa americana plant or seeds, do you have it on sale too?

Genipap or Jacqua (Genipa americana) is native to Central and South America. All of the seeds for sale in our Wild Ideas store are for plants native to North America since that is the focus of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. We have two plant sales each year, our Spring Plant Sale and our Fall Plant Sale, at which we sell plants native to the Central Texas area. You can try searching our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries and seed companies specializing in native plants in the more tropical states (e.g., Florida) and contact them to see if they have Genipa americana seeds or plants for sale. I did a quick Google search and found a nursery, Govardhan Gardens, in Mayaquez, Puerto Rico that appears to have plants for sale. If there are grocery stores in the Providence area that specialize in South American products, these or other South Amerian speciality stores might be a good possible source for seeds.