Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant Identification

Wednesday - August 13, 2008

From: HAUSER LAKE, ID
Title: Plant Identification

QUESTION:

I have a plant that shoots seeds out of pods in late summer and grows like crazy. The stem looks like a rhubarb plant. It has multiple leaves, and beautiful flowers that look like orchids. I was wondering what it is. I have pictures of it if that would help

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants doesn't immediately recognize the plant you are describing.  Please send pictures and we will do our best to identify it.  Visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page to read the instructions (under "Plant Identification") for submitting photographs.