Mr. Smarty Plants - Identification of a Kerry bush on Cape Cod

Thursday - May 20, 2010

From: Conway, NH
Title: Identification of a Kerry bush on Cape Cod

QUESTION:

I think the "bush" is called a Kerry bush - grows wild on Cape Cod - has little yellow "rose-like" flowers. - Is this the correct name and how can I make it thrive in New Hampshire?

ANSWER:

Sorry, we tried to find something with a common name of "Kerry Bush" but mostly just got political campaign hits on the Internet. Go to our Mr. Smarty Plants Plant Identification page, follow the instructions for sending us a picture, including information on the area, the time of bloom, etc.  After we get that, we will try to identify it; however, it may be an escaped non-native, and won't be in our Native Plant Database, so we don't guarantee results.