Thursday - March 10, 2016

From: Canyon lake, TX
Topic: Pests, Shrubs
Title: Lopidea on Texas Mountain Laurel
Answered by: Mike Tomme

QUESTION:

How do I get rid of lopidea on mountain laurel?

ANSWER:

Here is a link to a previous Mr. Smarty Plants answer on that subject:

https://www.wildflower.org/expert/show.php?id=8029

Distinguishing American from Chinese beautyberry from Huntsville AL
August 03, 2012 - How can I tell American beautyberry from Chinese beautyberry when trying to purchase strictly native plants?

June 12, 2014 - We live in Magnolia TX and have a shrub we can't identify. It's evergreen and has waxy leaves with a serrated edge that are about an inch in length. They have pink flowers and they grow to ab...

Cuttings from beautyberry from Stockport OH
May 22, 2014 - My beauty berry is starting a new growth about 2ft from main plant, can I dig this and part of the root without hurting the main part, if so, when?

Shrubs and trees over septic tank in Killen AL
May 20, 2013 - Our church has 5year old blue rug juniper, a crape myrtle and two shrubs I can't identify planted over the septic tank which is surrounded with concrete and asphalt. I am afraid these will cause a pr...

Toxic trees and shrubs in Pennsylvania
September 30, 2008 - I have a long property edge that I have been gradually transforming from a former cattle pasture into a hedgerow of native trees and shrubs. Cattle still graze on the other side. Are there any toxic...