Saturday - July 11, 2015

From: Seguin, TX
Topic: Herbs/Forbs
Title: Need plants to fill in spaces where wooden expansion joints were removed in a patio in Seguin, TX

QUESTION:

I have removed the rotted wood in the expansion joints in my patio. I would prefer replacing them with some sort of plant. The patio gets partial sunlight.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants often gets questions concerning plants to use between flagstones in pathways and patios. This seems to be an analogous situation.

I am going to refer you to a previously answered question that will give you some ideas about plants that you might use.

What to plant between patio flagstones in Austin, TX?

Here is an additional possibility  Viola sororia (Missouri violet)

Missouri violet
Viola sororia