Wednesday - July 01, 2015

From: Fort Worth, TX
Topic: Shade Tolerant, Grasses or Grass-like
Title: Seep Muhly in limited sunlight.

QUESTION:

Can Seep Muhly withstand just 3 or 4 hours of direct sunlight in an urban setting?

ANSWER:

We think you're asking about the shade-tolerance of Seep Muhly (Muhlenberbia reverchonii).  The answer to your question is a qualified yes. The density of shade your grass is growing in will be the determining factor of whether or not it will thrive there.  If the shade is heavy, then Seep Muhly will decline.  If the shade is light, then it has a chance.  Whether or not the setting is urban or rural should have little or no effect on the grass's performance.