Thursday - June 18, 2015

From: Tyler, TX
Topic: Water Gardens, Planting, Ferns, Grasses or Grass-like, Herbs/Forbs, Shrubs, Trees
Title: Poolside plants for East Texas

QUESTION:

What are the best plants, shrubs, ornamental trees, etc. for poolside planting in East Texas?

ANSWER:

I am not sure if you mean swimming pool or naturalized pool.  Presumably the latter, and you need plants that prefer wet or moist conditions.  Our Native Plant Database lists quite a few species well suited for wet or moist sites in East Texas.  Scanning through these you will find low-growing herbs, shrubs and trees. You may also find this website containing aquatic plants and plants for very wet locations useful.  Many of these native plant species can be found in your local plant nurseries.  Seeds suitable for your needs can be obtained from Native American Seeds.