Mr. Smarty Plants - Sources of native seeds for California

Friday - November 03, 2006

From: Salinas, CA
Title: Sources of native seeds for California

QUESTION:

Hello. I am trying to locate native seed producers in California. We have 100 acres of land that we would like to plant native seeds on and possibly harvest. Can you refer me to any California native seed producers? Thank you.

ANSWER:

You can visit our National Suppliers Directory where you can search for nurseries and seed companies that specialize in native plants in your area.

For your project you might also be interested in reading "Large Scale Wildflower Planting" and related articles in our Native Plant Library.