Tuesday - September 25, 2012

From: Waggaman, LA
Title: Plant identification

I have a plant that was in a funeral arrangement. The plant has green leaves with darker green spots on it. I do not know what kind of plant it is, nor do I know how much light the plant needs on a daily basis. Please help.

Our focus and expertise are with plants native to North America.  Plants that are part of commercially prepared arrangements (for example, funeral or wedding arrangements) are usually cultivated non-native plants so we are the wrong people to be asking about their identity.  My suggestion for helping you to learn its identity is to take photos of it and then visit our Plant Identification page to find links to several plant identification forums that will accept photos of plants for identification.  Another possibility is, if it is still portable, to take it to a plant nursery to ask them if they know what it is.