Mr. Smarty Plants - Identification of a plant similar to wild lettuc

Monday - March 24, 2008

From: Cincinnati, OH
Title: Identification of a plant similar to wild lettuc

QUESTION:

I have a plant that was growing by my swimming pool last summer. Its some sort of wild lettuce, but i have been unable to identify it with the resources i have.

ANSWER:

We're not quite that good at identifying mystery plants, but we have people at the Wildflower Center who often can figure them out. However, we need a picture, along with other information about the plant. Follow the instructions on the lower right hand side of the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page, and we'll see what we can do.