Monday - December 14, 2009

From: Manteca, CA
Title: Plant identification, orange honeysuckle

QUESTION:

I have two potted trees in my yard. They have honeysuckle-shaped, orange flowers that bloom year long and the leaves also resemble those of honeysuckle. There were no identification tags on them when purchased. Is there any such thing as a orange-flowering honeysuckle tree?

ANSWER:

Lonicera ciliosa (orange honeysuckle) is an orange honeysuckle native to California although the USDA map shows it occurring north of San Joaquin County.  Click here and here for more photos and information.  If this doesn't look like your plant, you can send us photos and we will do our very best to identify it.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.

Lonicera ciliosa

Lonicera ciliosa