Sunday - April 15, 2012

Topic: Non-Natives, Propagation, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Dividing non-native daffodils from Austin

The foliage on my daffodils is lush and healthy, but I have no blooms. Should I divide them?

The Narcissus (daffodil) is native to Europe, North Africa and Asia. This puts it out of the expertise of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, home of Mr. Smarty Plants, dedicated to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but to the areas in which they grow naturally. We suggest you check out the American Daffodil Society website for answers to your questions.