En EspaÑol

Friday - August 19, 2011

From: Hempstead, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Propagation
Title: Commercial sources of Virginia creeper

QUESTION:

I am looking for Virginia Creeper 'Engelmannii' liners, I have looked through most of your national suppliers directory, only a couple carry vines. Thank you,

ANSWER:

There are online dealers offering Parthenocissus quinquefolia (Virginia creeper), but they are hard to find.  It is available at Amazon.com from Hirt's Gardens.   And this site gives a listing of other companies selling Virginia creeper plants.  

If you have a friendly neighbor who already has Virginia creeper growing, ask him/her for a few vine tips and place them in water.  They will soon develop roots.  By the time cooler weather arrives, the rooted cuttings may be ready to set out.

Virginia creeper
Parthenocissus quinquefolia