Friday - August 19, 2011

From: Hempstead, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Propagation
Title: Commercial sources of Virginia creeper

QUESTION:

I am looking for Virginia Creeper 'Engelmannii' liners, I have looked through most of your national suppliers directory, only a couple carry vines. Thank you,

ANSWER:

There are online dealers offering Parthenocissus quinquefolia (Virginia creeper), but they are hard to find.  It is available at Amazon.com from Hirt's Gardens.   And this site gives a listing of other companies selling Virginia creeper plants.  

If you have a friendly neighbor who already has Virginia creeper growing, ask him/her for a few vine tips and place them in water.  They will soon develop roots.  By the time cooler weather arrives, the rooted cuttings may be ready to set out.